Ebola and poor global economy cause Thailand's car production to drop

webfact

<deleted> is wrong with these clowns hiring a spokesman who comes up with such BS?

If Mr. Surapong would "work" for the government we would probably read that global warming causes the mess in the deep south and the losses of Thai Airways.

Are they really unable to find to find people fit for the job in this country or is patronage already the only criteria of qualification?

This is why the country is in the state it is in. Even the people at the top have no idea how to do things. It is only important to get the Job the idea of actually being qualified or competent in that job has absolutely nothing to do with the Job itself.

Just think if they had brains, they would probably be dangerous.

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

Because there was a model car about to be named 'Ebola'?

Must be a similar fate to companies named Isis.

Yeah I had my name down for The Toyota Ebola, had all the trimmings face mask,, rubber gloves and water a jet spray for when you get out

Did you check out the Nissan Sylphylis first?

And the NIssan felLatio, while you're at it?

I was thinking about The Proton Paedo

• Like 1

Yeah I had my name down for The Toyota Ebola, had all the trimmings face mask,, rubber gloves and water a jet spray for when you get out

Don't tell me, it comes with a kidy seat!

BANGKOK: -- Global economic slowdown and Ebola have slashed automobile production forecast for this year to no more than two million units compared to earlier production forecast of 2.2 million units, according to Mr Surapong Paisitpatthanapong, spokesman of the automobile sector of the Federation of Thai Industries.

I was under the impressions that the profession or calling of ''court jester'' was long since gone.

However Thailand it seems has taken the initiative and started a resurgence in this honourable and noble profession all these years later.

cg80082d.jpg

Edited by siampolee

ExPratt, on 20 Nov 2014 - 09:48, said:snapback.png

Don't tell me, it comes with a kidy seat!

Yes and a very spacious boot

Thais blame it on Ebola and global economy. No Thais at fault. No Thais responsible. The hubris of these Thais is astonishing and the Thai press just keeps on keeping on. Never a question asked, never a challenge to some pompous bureaucrat making pontifications like this.

Yes, every reasonable person knows it is Thais fault car sales are down overseas where these foreign car manufacturers located in Thailand export their vehicles crazy.gif

The difference with most Thais vs many posters here is if they see a story like this and chuckle and move on without trying to attribute it to some grand theory other than a stupid or miscommunicated comment.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

JohnThailandJohn post # 40

The difference with most Thais vs many posters here is if they see a story like this and chuckle and move on without trying to attribute it to some grand theory other than a stupid or miscommunicated comment.

The difference with most Thais vs many posters here is if they see a story like this and chuckle and move on without trying to attribute it to some grand theory other than a stupid or mis-communicated comment.

You have succinctly encapsulated the contents of your post # 40 there my good man.

You would do well to read the O.P properly and inwardly digest that which is stated before hitting your keyboard

Edited by siampolee

Thais blame it on Ebola and global economy. No Thais at fault. No Thais responsible. The hubris of these Thais is astonishing and the Thai press just keeps on keeping on. Never a question asked, never a challenge to some pompous bureaucrat making pontifications like this.

Yes, every reasonable person knows it is Thais fault car sales are down overseas where these foreign car manufacturers located in Thailand export their vehicles crazy.gif

No they don't.

The average thread on pantip.com puts on about 300 replies an hour and the ramblings are even more insane and uneduacated as yours.

They hate farangs a lot as well..... They especially laugh at Thai apologists.

• Like 1

No they don't.

The average thread on pantip.com puts on about 300 replies an hour and the ramblings are even more insane and uneduacated as yours.

They hate farangs a lot as well..... They especially laugh at Thai apologists.

I guess if you are ignorant enough to believe an internet forum represents an entire nation's view then not much left else to say because it would be like believing the curmudgeons posting on Thaivisa represent most of the 10s of millions of foreigner visitors views of Thailand. Your 300+ posts in less than 30 days certainly doesn't prove anything other than your views and not that of any other group.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Please, it is clear that West Africa and Liberia in special were significant car importers of Thailand, no one can deny that, and now these countries, suffering from Ebola, are buying less. So please do understand this is true, car sales are down for Ebola. As cars can also have Ebola themselves, it is dangerous to get into contact to them, they might spew a mix of virus cells that anyone better abstain of.

Edited by inwardglee

The main cause seems to be a collapse in domestic sales so how this is caused by ebola and global economic problems is a bit of a mystery - did this guy not notice a few things going on in Thailand over the last year?

So nothing to do with excess sales during the 'rebate' period under the previous PM.

Because there was a model car about to be named 'Ebola'?

Must be a similar fate to companies named Isis.

Had a look at the Kia Katoey the other day. All plastic ... but more under the hood than you'd expect.

The main cause seems to be a collapse in domestic sales so how this is caused by ebola and global economic problems is a bit of a mystery - did this guy not notice a few things going on in Thailand over the last year?

So nothing to do with excess sales during the 'rebate' period under the previous PM.

Good point. The rebate ran to the end of 2012 which is before these stat were taken - the picture could be a lot worse if the figures being compared to were already lower due to having just come off the rebate scheme.

At the end of 2015 I expect the Junta to make two announcements - one good and one bad.

The good news is that there is a new constitution.

The bad news is that the nation's economy is broken.

Please, next time there is political conflict, don't call us - we'll call you.

We didn't get the rebate in Australia so I don't think Yingluk is a factor in Australians buying less cars from Thailand or has caused a drop in the export of vehicles to places like Aust.

This did make me smile.

Ebola has caused a drop in Thai car production?

In their dumbest of dumb moment, how did the powers that be come to this conclusion...or even a connection between the two?

The last few weeks of Thai Press has been a chucklefest of epic proportions.