Info on beaches in Phetchaburi. Not Chaam!

casualbiker

I used to live in Phetchaburi and the beaches aren't very good. In fact, Had Chao Samran beach is probably the worst beach I have ever visited and I've been to Blackpool beach in the UK. It's certainly the worst beach I've been to in Thailand.

The other beach in Phetchaburi is Puk Tien, which has these Thai statues built just off the shore. Not so much a beach and not a bad spot to sit and eat seafood, although I wouldn't go out of your way to visit it.

There are a few nice spots if you take the back road from Cha Am to Phetchaburi, very secluded, you'll probably be the only person there (good for walking dogs) but I'm not sure what these beaches are called as it's very much a case of heading out on your motorbike and exploring yourself.

One thing I would recommend doing if your in Phetchaburi is to head out to Kankachan National Park, parts of that are beautiful but like I said, the beaches are pretty bad - Cha Am beach is probably the best of a very bad bunch.

• Like 1

Had Chao Samran beach... down the Northern end is nice...

13.0229, 100.0802

I didn't go swimming there but the little restaurants long the beach front are nice, there plenty of open beach...
it's quiet, you don't get bothered by anyone...

i guess it depends on what you want from a beach.