Maxxis - A/Ts - your experience?

wilcopops

Your tires are the only part of the vehicle that touches the road. I always consider that when its time to replace them.

I've used Maxxis Mudders but strictly off road so I can't give you any insight on their AT range.

Edited by Skyboogie

the model - and I don't know what the number is - is a relatively new tire - it looks almost like a Goodrich BF copy. I don't expect it to be as good in every aspect, but I just need a new tire to last for the hols first without breaking the bank.

I get quite a bit of road noise off the B?Fs now thy are old, and they've lasted well - maybe 60 k on mostly tarmac with a smattering of arduous dirt road interludes...

Well, ordered the Maxis - fitted next week - I'll give a verdict a bit after that.....

What was the size and cost.......?...........smile.png

285x75x16.

6200 baht.

i've had MAXXIS on other vehicles before and they've proved OK - the rate of wear might have been a bit quicker than flagship brands and I did experience tire noise on one pickup, but they were AT tires which the vehicle hadn't had fitted at all before.

Edited by wilcopops
  • Like 1

Curious - why would you downsize your tires?

295s are very hard to get hold of and the difference is barely noticeable.....it also gives a bit more clearance under the wings. If I went larger - 305s, I would have had to cut the body.

it will also change the performance slightly.

Edited by wilcopops

I was coming down H32 today and....gee I wish I had those new Maxxis treads!

attachicon.gifDamaged tyre 2.JPG

attachicon.gifDamaged tyre 1.JPG

I had Maxis fitted on a Strada - they were the cheapest O/S I could find/fit - as I sad, tire noise became quite loud but once I knew it wasn't a wheel bearing, it was perfectly tolerable.

Edited by wilcopops

So I fitted Maxxis Bravo 380s. ...after a couple of days they seem fine - quieter than the worn down Goodrich's......... I notice they are a much softer compound, so i guess the wear rate will be higher.

At high speeds (over 120) they tend to "sing" a little - although it is barely noticeable.

all in all the car is lighter to handle, smother and generally quieter........ the money saved will buy a rack for spare wheel and fuel tank.

how long this lasts remains to be seen.

Recently fitted Maxxis Bravo700 A/T much better on the road than the old tires which were a mixed lot.

Went off road recently (2 wheel drive) up to the Karan village at Phu Toi NP and they handled the rough steep road no problem.

12,000 B the set balanced and fitted, come back after 10,000 K for free rotation and re-balance.

Recently fitted Maxxis Bravo700 A/T much better on the road than the old tires which were a mixed lot.

Went off road recently (2 wheel drive) up to the Karan village at Phu Toi NP and they handled the rough steep road no problem.

12,000 B the set balanced and fitted, come back after 10,000 K for free rotation and re-balance.

I had some of those a few years back..... No problems at all.

I think because they are made in Rayong there is a tendency to dismiss this brand out of hand.