Five Khon Kaen students let free without charge

webfact

Five Khon Kaen students let free without charge
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Five Khon Kaen University students who were rounded up after surprising Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha during his first official visit to Khon Kaen with an anti-coup protest - including a three-finger salute - were released yesterday without being charged.

Chatupat Bunpattararaksa, Payu Bunsopon, Witchakorn Anuchon, Chetsarit Namkot, Wasant Seksit greeted Prayut with T-shirts featuring an anti-coup slogan "We don't want the coup" on Wednesday, when the PM was addressing a seminar at a provincial hall on how to tackle drought.

The students were released after two hours of talks with them, their parents, Khon Kaen governor Kamthorn Thawornsatit, high-ranking local police, plus the Dean of the Law Faculty at Khon Kaen University.

A planned press conference was called off after the five were released without charge.

The students had earlier been asked to sign an agreement to accept what they did was wrong, to accept not to stage political acts and accept that if they do, they would face prosecution.

Two of the five - Payu and Chetsarit - accepted the agreement under pressure of their parents. Finally, the five were released unconditionally.

Chatupat said that he and four others had earlier been forced to sign the agreement or risk losing their status as students, but later they were released unconditionally.

He said that nothing could stop him from exercising his right and vowed to stage a political act when he felt the time was right.

"I am ready to accept consequences and I will not accept illegitimate power. Wherever there is injustice, we will not allow society to be blindfolded,'' he said.

Seksan said he staged the move without anyone prompting him, saying he and his friends took three days to make the T-shirts and planned their act.

Kittibodi Yaiplu, dean of the Faculty of Law, said the officials did not want to take any legal action because they want the students to return to their study and become a force to be reckoned with for society.

"As their teacher, I am there to protect them. There was not any contract made in order to get them released - only talk,'' he said. "I believe what the students did was a pure act and expression, though they may have transgressed the current law; society must give them the chance,'' he said.

Wibul Bunpattararaksa, father of Chatupat, said he supported his son as he believed he had the right to express his opinion. "It is not right to force him to admit guilt when he thought that what he did was right and he did it for society. But as his father, I have to warn him not to cross the line and become an extremist,'' he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Five-Khon-Kaen-students-let-free-without-charge-30248267.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-21

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

only let go because the Jurassic junta did not appreciate that the clip of them being removed by gun toting thugs would go viral world wide so quickly I expect

Please provide evidence they were removed by "gun toting thugs" or retract your statement.

I think you are getting gun toting thugs confused with redshirt terrorists who murder unarmed anti-PTP protesters.

• Like 1

So much for the rhetoric of.."They will never be seen again".

And when they are seen again..."because the Jurassic junta did not appreciate that the clip of them being removed by gun toting thugs"

The doom and gloomers working overtime throwing logic out the window and quoting from the PTP play book that the Junta are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I love that the PTP blatantly lie now because that shows me the truth portrays the Junta in a good light and they cannot have that.

Below is a pic of the "gun toting thugs" without guns with two of those "scary thugs" being women under 50 kg.

​The other pic is what those same people describe as peaceful unarmed grass roots unsurprisingly with guns.

PTP logic right there folks.

Slipping badly, only 3 mentions of PTP.

• Like 1

Well done to the authorities for doing the right thing. The question remains, why where they arrested in the first place for giving a 3 finger salute. As an alien maybe I don't understand Thai law and that this is illegal.coffee1.gif

The three finger salute is from the movie the hunger games and is the sign of the rebellion also eating a sandwich in public can get you arrested and gaff taping your mouth is a no no.

Edited by The stuttering parrot
  • Like 1

There was an interesting interview of one of the student arrested yesterday on Prachathai, for who still speak about PTP and Red Shirts, about the motive of the protests...

I guess the link is not permitted so I won't write it here, but djjamie and the other hardcore extremist anti red should read it to understand better the threats they faced and again the motive of the students protest.

• Like 2

And when they are seen again..."because the Jurassic junta did not appreciate that the clip of them being removed by gun toting thugs"

The doom and gloomers working overtime throwing logic out the window and quoting from the PTP play book that the Junta are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I love that the PTP blatantly lie now because that shows me the truth portrays the Junta in a good light and they cannot have that.

Below is a pic of the "gun toting thugs" without guns with two of those "scary thugs" being women under 50 kg.

​The other pic is what those same people describe as peaceful unarmed grass roots unsurprisingly with guns.

and not one mention of the PTP in the Thread topic. So far, so predictable...............................coffee1.gif

Edited by fab4

Well done to the authorities for doing the right thing. The question remains, why where they arrested in the first place for giving a 3 finger salute. As an alien maybe I don't understand Thai law and that this is illegal.coffee1.gif

The three finger salute is from the movie the hunger games and is the sign of the rebellion also eating a sandwich in public can get you arrested and gaff taping your mouth is a no no.

Thanks, I was being facetious about the salute but liked your reply very muchsmile.png. I will be sure to hide my gaff tape.

• Like 1

Outstanding effort by these young students!

Taken away for the attitude adjustment then forced mind you forced to sign documents that they didn't want to and also under pressure from the parents because they probally got the warning we know where you live.

Not that any day has been good for this junta but this episode and the banning of the hunger games movie within 24 hours just goes to show that this is just a continuing PR nightmare for this mob.

Forget all the rosy pictures the propaganda machine puts out about investment the average thai voter is reading these headlines and realising that their basic freedoms are slowly being eroded away.

It's only going to get worse because they just can't sell the coup,

Again making things up, it's congenital isn't it? The movie hasn't been banned. Some theaters decided not to show it after finding out that some groups were planning to hold political demonstrations at their premises.

What is obvious is that you can't make people happy, when you refuse to let them speak their mind.

One of Yinglucks election promises was to bring 'reconciliation', between the different sides, but then - like those in power now - refused to let her opponents speak. And how did that work out for her?

Thailand the proverbial hamster in a wheel. The only thing that changes is the colour of the hamster.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

and not one mention of the PTP in the Thread topic. So far, so predictable...............................coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

PTP cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Again making things up, it's congenital isn't it? The movie hasn't been banned. Some theaters decided not to show it after finding out that some groups were planning to hold political demonstrations at their premises.

This morning's BP reported that the cinemas in question had been 'asked' not to show it.

So much for the rhetoric of….."They will never be seen again".

And when they are seen again…..."because the Jurassic junta did not appreciate that the clip of them being removed by gun toting thugs"

Trying to link some students with part of the red shirt struggle is...pathetic. What really grates with posters like you DJ is that this is not 'paid for farmers' protesting but educated youngsters with supportive parents. So all those posts about Thaksin buying all his votes is (as most of us knew already) just another lie from the right wing propagandarists. The core of the PTT is and always will be the poor but many have selected memory loss when posting tripe. Its the millions of educated middle classes that took PTT to power.

Trying to link some students with part of the red shirt struggle is...pathetic. What really grates with posters like you DJ is that this is not 'paid for farmers' protesting but educated youngsters with supportive parents. So all those posts about Thaksin buying all his votes is (as most of us knew already) just another lie from the right wing propagandarists. The core of the PTT is and always will be the poor but many have selected memory loss when posting tripe. Its the millions of educated middle classes that took PTT to power.

" Its the millions of educated middle classes that took PTT to power"

Chosing them over Esso??rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

This morning's BP reported that the cinemas in question had been 'asked' not to show it.

None of the articles from today on the BP say that, can you name the article?

• Like 1

None of the articles from today on the BP say that, can you name the article?

"Apex Cinemas told the Bangkok Post that the company refused to play the film, explaining that

We feel our theaters are being used for political movements.

The League of Liberal Thammasat for Democracy, an anti-coup student group, had offered 160 free tickets to the film premiere to anyone who could answer the question:

In what ways is the Capital in the Mockingjay similar to Bangkok? "

Wonder who owns Apex Cinemas