Amnat Charoen: Hospital apologises for human leg at landfill

webfact

Hmmmmmm First shipping body parts and now one ( a rather large one ) is found at the dump. Is this a constant problem? When I relocate to Thailand, should I keep some gloves on me in case I have a run in with human body parts. I certainly will be careful what I eat at the night market. I can't wait to get there...love it. coffee1.gif

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are so many responders so righteous? If you do a survey on the net then you will similar story's from all over the world! Including European country's and the USA .... This is nothing more then a honest mistake that could happen anywhere.. Jeez guys..

What's your point?

Let us have fun with this.

Killjoy.

Consider this bas relief, contrast that makes the fun funner. Kudos, SamuiAxe, for your perfectly placed punless piece, more stumbling notwithstanding.

"Police said today that forensic tests reveal the leg was infected with diabetes. Boonyuen Kamhong, deputy Governor of Amnat Charoen, said the administration of a local hospital confirmed that the leg indeed belonged to one of its patients who recently underwent amputation surgery for diabetes."

Infected with diabetes?

But you know, that you are reading NEWS in English in a country in which English is not the native language and from sources who usually have English also not as their first language. So, why splitting hairs? rolleyes.gif

I'm sure we all realise it would be better to have translated to, or said, 'affected by'...

I realized, that, that wording was wrong, but it did not offend me. As you realize. I am not an English native speaker, I used, to some imagination and overlooking of exact details. wink.png

latest... latest...latest...

Thailand Hospital Quarterly Magazine (published 3 times annually) reports that a source "familiar with the subject" states that the Director of Waste Management has "legged it"

He "kneedn't" have done that

BTW Not Thai related but.....

• Like 1

latest... latest...latest...

Thailand Hospital Quarterly Magazine (published 3 times annually) reports that a source "familiar with the subject" states that the Director of Waste Management has "legged it"

He "kneedn't" have done that

BTW Not Thai related but.....

haha watched all the way through very funny :) (nearly said 'pull the other one' but it's in the landfill)

• Like 1

A man is in the Hospital recovering from surgery when the doctor walks in and says, "I have good news and bad news, the bad news is we accidentally amputated your right leg. And tomorrow we will have to take your left leg."

"Damn it, Doc, what could possibly be the good news?" the guy asks.

The Doctor replies, "The guy in the next room wants to buy your shoes."

I recall plenty of similar incidents being reported at major Australian hospitals over the past 40 years, and they are only the ones that some recalcitrant employee has blown the whistle on. Human error is part of life, mistakes are made, no big deal. It's not as if they were carving it up and selling it at a satay stall out the front of the hospital.

Edited by F4UCorsair