Why Does A Successful Intelligent Farang Marry A Bar Girl

terry57

Frankly, a large number of Thai students will sleep with each other, you, me, and lots of other people for no money at all, or maybe dinner at worst. They're a crowd that likes sex. Fine with me.

(I can't believe I'm posting on a bargirl thread!)

Edited by Ijustwannateach

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, I want to add something here. I do not view this as a joke, or as some boasting exercise. I simply try to see things as they are, and not how everyone wants you to believe they are. I came here to do development work, and it is my nature to analyze social issues that may be destructive or simply apparent. It is the only effective way I know of to confront emerging issues and rectify them.

Edited by kat

Frankly, a large number of Thai students will sleep with each other, you, me, and lots of other people for no money at all, or maybe dinner at worst. They're a crowd that likes sex. Fine with me.

Right, or maybe paid school fees. In the last 2 months I've seen about 3 different casual offers of older men offering cute Thai boy/entertainer types fully paid school fees simply because they thought they were cute, and didn't expect anything in return - cough, cough. And this was on ordinary nights out - I wasn't even looking for this information.

Edited by kat

Im sure the figure is not greater then 10% of the students being pro's.

50% is something someone who never been to thailand would say

Well Donz you are up to 10%. That’s way more than me and I live in Thailand and have been to college in Thailand. I would think the top was 5% max for the total university student population.

Although I would add the caveat that in some universities it can rise as high as 50% and in others it might be non existent.

Can I suggest Kerryk that you are a little bit clearer with your actual meaning when you present your magic stats in future posts -

for example you originally say -

University students in Thailand from 10 to 50% supplement their funds in the same way. That is not true in the West.

This to me gives the impression that Thai student prostitution is somewhere between 10-50%!!

Then you clarify it by saying -

Sorry I should have been more specific. There are universities in Thailand that 10% of the students are available and some that 50% are available.

I am basing my estimates on professors from the universities that I have spoken with and students.

Most of the students can tell you which schools are which because they attract like students.

Ask a few from different universities and you will get the same information.

This to me reads pretty much the same - 10% minimum - 50% max - which you suggest will be supported by any research of our own!

comparing these two comments with your last assertion that I would think the top was 5% max for the total university student population. you have done one of three things 1) a big big back track 2) a deliberate wind-up 3) failed to proof read what you have posted to make sure it supports what you actually think!!

can i suggest you do check the actual meaning of future posts does support your opinion - as this may save a lot of time and effort of other TV members who enjoy pointing out the many inaccuracies and contradictions you produce!! :o

I have had some important decisions to make during my life. I have had some important documents to prepare during my life. In those cases I thoroughly researched everything I was going to write or say.

This venue is however not one of those situations.

My computer is in our living room. The TV is going and three older Thai ladies in various states of sobriety are watching the TV, eating, drinking and laughing and reading over my shoulder.

There are two university students trying on my Thai ladies dancing costumes in the bedroom full of giggles and prancing around pretending to be dancers and there is a massage lady trying to massage my foot because she feels she should be doing something to pay for dinner and the free beer.

I am working on the great American novel about Asia in the 1960’s, trying to answer my daughters email and occasionally looking at Thai Visa while drinking 7% beer.

Gimmie a break! I am doing the best I can under the circumstances. In deference to your request I asked the uni students to proof this post and we got as far as prancing. Now they are singing Rudolph the red nosed reindeer.

Hey this is Saturday night in Thailand Sanuk Sanuk!

Agreed - Not sure of the numbers but its a surprising % and while we are at it, lets also mention that not just single out students, but office workers, hotel staff, sales clerks in shops, factory workers, beauty salon workers ect. There is a whole gambit of ladies thats work other jobs who also freelance. This should tell you more about economics of thailand than ladies themselves - not enough dosh support families so supplement their income is necessary. Secondary find a farang for marriage which also assists the dosh issue, and sometimes satisfies their need for love.

Actually, I want to add something here. I do not view this as a joke, or as some boasting exercise. I simply try to see things as they are, and not how everyone wants you to believe they are.

Firstly, i dont give darned that you have posted how many thousands of posts at TV, but with what you have said it seems that have the backing of TV's glorious hundreds if now thousands of commenteers

You said that 20-50% of Universitiy in Thailand offer sexual services . KeryK was the first one to come out with such statistic - but now he has backtracked that perhaps it's only....5%!

Do not think Kat that your stay of four years in Thailand affords you the right to inform hundreds if not thousands of foriengers to adhere to your imaginary statistitics?

Kat cares to inform members 'Refer to the Bangkok Post and Chulalongkorn Uni.' for such statistics. But does she even think for one instant that perhaps.....just perhaps.......

Kat may ridicule me at the prospect of her statistics being viewed by Thai University Students but it ...all ready is...........

Thai Pride

Do us a favor Kat and don't come back with anymore quack-wack statistics.

Edited by stevesuphan

Interesting subject I wonder why the thai girls are dowgraded with the terminology 'Bar-girl'.

Geoffphuket well done mate.

I had 4 UK marriages (That will spark some comments) probably my ptoffession didn't help matters

but my wife worked in a beer bar albeit only for a year but we been together over 2 yrs now and its good far better than my UK mistakes.

I dont understand why thai bar-girls get downgraded so much at the end of the day they are still human beings, if they have faults then its the Farang that have instilled this and dowgraded them over the years.

You could say there are good factory workers and bad factory workers etc etc.

macburriram

Steve what about some statistics to show us what the true percentage is?

Oh, so you are now asking for statistics to argue that Thai University Students (upwards of...20-50%) aren't prostitutes?

Let your imagination get the better of you and yes Kat's figures are right......

It is great to read that thai-visa, advocates such maliciously false statitistics............

Edited by stevesuphan

[This seems to be the case in my town with so many unis in our town, i can understand it to its blooming with young ladies dressed in white shirts and short black skirts]

And they all want to practice there english!!!!!!!

macburriram

Eh? You're being a little defensive here.

I asked if you had any stats that you consider to be accurate as to what percentage do freelance. You state that the figures quoted are maliciously false, yet produce little to back your argument.

Personally I have no idea what the percentage would be.

Edited by Colonel_Mustard

*edit(Stevesuphan) Actually, we have something in common because I don't care how many hundreds or thousands or tens of posts I or anyone else has posted.

I've already explained and qualified the statistic I used ad nauseum, as well as my casual approach, so if you want to have a serious discussion we can discuss that., but I'm not going to repeat myself over and over again to people who can obviously read. It's clear that there are other issues. And by the way, the quack-wack stats aren't mine, they're Thai. KerryK backtracked, but I have no need, because I'm stating exactly what I've always stated, if you actually care to read or address what it is I've actually stated :o

I have just as much of a right to discuss, think and analyze as the next person. I am sympathetic to the stigma many Thai women face, but I'm not responsible for it, and discussing it doesn't make it any more or less true. And since I'm not from a culture that widely and systematically uses censorhsip and social annihilation as a form of social control and remedy, I'm less controlled and cowered by it.

So, flame away :D So far you've said nothing significant to counter what I've actually said, except to wave the Thai flag in my face and attempt to bully and personally insult me.

Cheers.

edit: one other thing - your supposed moral superiority brigade is exactly the type of attitude that in actual effect hinders Thailand from eradicating and addressing in an intelligent and coherent manner the stigma that has been here since the beginning of Ayutthaya.

Edited by kat

Actually, we have something in common because I don't care how many hundreds or thousands or tens of posts I or anyone else has posted.

I've already explained and qualified the statistic I used ad nauseum, as well as my casual approach, so if you want to have a serious discussion we can discuss that., but I'm not going to repeat myself over and over again to people who can obviously read. It's clear that there are other issues. And by the way, the quack-wack stats aren't mine, they're Thai. KerryK backtracked, but I have no need, because I'm stating exactly what I've always stated, if you actually care to read or address what it is I've actually stated :o

I have just as much of a right to discuss, think and analyze as the next person. I am sympathetic to the stigma many Thai women face, but I'm not responsible for it, and discussing it doesn't make it any more or less true. And since I'm not from a culture that widely and systematically uses censorhsip and social annihilation as a form of social control and remedy, I'm less controlled and cowered by it.

So, flame away :D So far you've said nothing significant to counter what I've actually said, except to wave the Thai flag in my face and attempt to bully and personally insult me.

Cheers.

So, come on.....give me and Thai students a break and backtrack on what you said about 20-50% of Thai University Students Offering Sexual Services

Otherwise.....give us the link.

Come to Thailand and have a chip on your shoulder.....look down on any Thai girl who is better that the Farang....talk about.....Farang Female....Ego.....

Edited by stevesuphan

Guys, you just dont listen !! Trust me, ive been here over 4 years and I know, over 50% of students WILL sleep with a punter for money, its fact ! Thats 50%+ that will sleep with me, not necessarily you !!!

Listen, you cant give an exact percentage, this percentage is determined by a multitude of things, and its you, not them ! Now if Gonz is 50 years old but has a fair bit of confidence hes going to say 20%, if Steve is half a looker, under 50 and oozes with confidence and wit then he might say 30%, as for me im under 40, handsome, confident and extremely witty therefore, im going to perceive this as 50% !

Now I will reiterate this, 50% (or over) of Thai students WILL sleep with me for money !!! As for terry, hes the kiddy no matter what so he will be right up there too !

Actually, im feeling good today, im going to say 70% !!!! :D

thanks for that tax,

look thats why your my best ever mate tax as your a kind hearted, gentle and a good looking punter.

im a very handsome fella myself and me and you can really pull the birds cant we. :D

look ive said it before that i have so much respect for you that i hope you live for ever. :D

im going to go one step further here tax and say this in front of all who are reading this forum because im loud and proud and never afraid to voice my true inner feelings. :D

if i was batting for the other side id want you for my ladyboy. :D

but im not, so get that thought right out of your frigging head alright !!! :o

cricky's tax, you sure get some funny ideas at times but your my best mate and thats ok with me.

see you latter buddy. :D:D

a) does it all really matter? We have several people here making strange claims ... tossing out indefensible statistics on both side of this discussion. <to make a claim that some thai said something ... just isn't worth talking about>

b ) it's WAY off topic for the thread

Actually, we have something in common because I don't care how many hundreds or thousands or tens of posts I or anyone else has posted.

Cheers.

So, come on.....give me and Thai students a break and backtrack on what you said about 20-50% of Thai University Students Offering Sexual Services

Otherwise.....give us the link.

Come to Thailand and have a chip on your shoulder.....look down on any Thai girl who is better that the Farang....talk about.....Farang Female....Ego.....

This is an open forum. I've openly stated what I think and qualified everything I've said, including that my observation is casual at this time. You seem to think that I'm looking down, but I haven't. I'm merely commenting on different aspects of sex trade in Thailand - something that is widely commented upon and written about internationally, including the source I did mention (International Labour Organization), and obviously, includes more than females. If you think talking about the sex trade/prostitution in Thailand or anywhere is akin to looking down, then I'm afraid you are the one with a condescending attitude, because I've got news for you, it's a rapidly growing sector of this economy by all accounts.

*edit: I need to add, Thailand is not a place where you can comfortably discuss controversial and sensitive topics without some form of a repurcussion. There were something like 16-19 political activists murdered from 2001-2003 (more or less; PLEASE substantiate this yourself - it was widely quoted in both English newspapers numerous times).

Edited by kat

considering all the horror stories we have heard and the many books penned about this very subject some farang still travel down this dangerous path.

now im only concerned with the intelligent, educated, financially independent and successful fellow that decides to actually marry a bar girl.

some men would marry any female that has a pulse.

what has lead me to ask this question is the case in HH where the fellow was murdered and burnt by his wife and her relatives.

by all accounts he was a very decent , educated and financially wealthy man.

my conun'drum being : why did he not take his time to possibly find a wife away from the bar girl scene ?

one would think that the chances for a successful relationship would be compounded if one would consider this path firstly before looking to the bar scene.

i am gob smacked to why he would enter into this game considering all the information that was available to him.

i welcome all reply's humourous or not that could possibly sooth my troubled mind.

thank you all.

Maybe she gave him the most fantastic blowejob he'd ever experienced in his life, and that was that? It is a shame he ended up on the barby.

Im sure the figure is not greater then 10% of the students being pro's.

50% is something someone who never been to thailand would say

Well Donz you are up to 10%. That’s way more than me and I live in Thailand and have been to college in Thailand. I would think the top was 5% max for the total university student population.

Although I would add the caveat that in some universities it can rise as high as 50% and in others it might be non existent.

Can I suggest Kerryk that you are a little bit clearer with your actual meaning when you present your magic stats in future posts -

for example you originally say -

University students in Thailand from 10 to 50% supplement their funds in the same way. That is not true in the West.

This to me gives the impression that Thai student prostitution is somewhere between 10-50%!!

Then you clarify it by saying -

Sorry I should have been more specific. There are universities in Thailand that 10% of the students are available and some that 50% are available.

I am basing my estimates on professors from the universities that I have spoken with and students.

Most of the students can tell you which schools are which because they attract like students.

Ask a few from different universities and you will get the same information.

This to me reads pretty much the same - 10% minimum - 50% max - which you suggest will be supported by any research of our own!

comparing these two comments with your last assertion that I would think the top was 5% max for the total university student population. you have done one of three things 1) a big big back track 2) a deliberate wind-up 3) failed to proof read what you have posted to make sure it supports what you actually think!!

can i suggest you do check the actual meaning of future posts does support your opinion - as this may save a lot of time and effort of other TV members who enjoy pointing out the many inaccuracies and contradictions you produce!! :o

I have had some important decisions to make during my life. I have had some important documents to prepare during my life. In those cases I thoroughly researched everything I was going to write or say.

This venue is however not one of those situations.

My computer is in our living room. The TV is going and three older Thai ladies in various states of sobriety are watching the TV, eating, drinking and laughing and reading over my shoulder.

There are two university students trying on my Thai ladies dancing costumes in the bedroom full of giggles and prancing around pretending to be dancers and there is a massage lady trying to massage my foot because she feels she should be doing something to pay for dinner and the free beer.

I am working on the great American novel about Asia in the 1960’s, trying to answer my daughters email and occasionally looking at Thai Visa while drinking 7% beer.

Gimmie a break! I am doing the best I can under the circumstances. In deference to your request I asked the uni students to proof this post and we got as far as prancing. Now they are singing Rudolph the red nosed reindeer.

Hey this is Saturday night in Thailand Sanuk Sanuk!

cricky's kerry,

urr im sorry to raise this point but isn't it sunday night ?

maybee its saturday night in changmai ?

hey but who cares anyway.

as you say its sanuk sanuk and thats all that matters.

cheers

Guys, you just dont listen !! Trust me, ive been here over 4 years and I know, over 50% of students WILL sleep with a punter for money, its fact ! Thats 50%+ that will sleep with me, not necessarily you !!!

Listen, you cant give an exact percentage, this percentage is determined by a multitude of things, and its you, not them ! Now if Gonz is 50 years old but has a fair bit of confidence hes going to say 20%, if Steve is half a looker, under 50 and oozes with confidence and wit then he might say 30%, as for me im under 40, handsome, confident and extremely witty therefore, im going to perceive this as 50% !

Now I will reiterate this, 50% (or over) of Thai students WILL sleep with me for money !!! As for terry, hes the kiddy no matter what so he will be right up there too !

thanks for that tax,

look thats why your my best ever mate tax as your a kind hearted, gentle and a good looking punter.

im a very handsome fella myself and me and you can really pull the birds cant we. :D

look ive said it before that i have so much respect for you that i hope you live for ever. :D

im going to go one step further here tax and say this in front of all who are reading this forum because im loud and proud and never afraid to voice my true inner feelings. :D

cricky's tax, you sure get some funny ideas at times but your my best mate and thats ok with me.

Talking to yourself again Terry? you know there are people who can help :D

thanks for that tax,

Talking to yourself again Terry? you know there are people who can help :D

Hey Tax, your a funny guy, but i dont need money for that and think i have a greater % then that

Actually, I'm mixed, but look mostly farang. I think it's gnarly's link, and she's here at the moment. It would be nice if she felt comfortable enough to comment, but I understand if she doesn't. She can PM me, though if she wants.