90 Day Reporting

OK, as per above, im late by almost a month ! Could anyone tell me what is worse case scenario when I rock over there Monday morning ?

I have a work permit and im on a 1 year extension of stay which runs out 16th August, which of course means my work permit runs out too.

Can anyone tell me, again worse case scenario..... :o

Oh yeah, its Patong, Phuket immigration......

Cheers big in advance :D

The entire first year, I didn't do the 90-day thing (ignorance is my weak plea--I wasn't reading TV like a good boy should). The second year, I didn't catch on until about half way through the year.

At no time did they catch it (Udon Thani and Nong Khai immigration). Renewed my visa without a hitch.

Since then, I've minded my P's & Q's and 90-day report forms (always by mail); and, considered myself lucky. Perhaps you'll also be lucky (or you just need to transfer to a less-adept immigration office :o ).

Lucky TT

Edited by toptuan

If your late a month, you should see a doctor or read the 90 day thread where this is answered by Moi already.

I kind of thought someone would say something along the lines of "its already been discussed" or "your a dimwit", even better to get it all in one post ! :D

As for the doctor thing funny you should say that, im late because its the hospital ive been stuck in for the past month ! And I dont want to see anymore doctors thank you ! :o

2,000 baht is ok, but will it effect the decision on my next extension of stay ?

If your late a month, you should see a doctor or read the 90 day thread where this is answered by Moi already.

I kind of thought someone would say something along the lines of "its already been discussed" or "your a dimwit", even better to get it all in one post ! :D

As for the doctor thing funny you should say that, im late because its the hospital ive been stuck in for the past month ! And I dont want to see anymore doctors thank you ! :o

2,000 baht is ok, but will it effect the decision on my next extension of stay ?

"NO"

You'll probably get a 2000 Baht fine - but if it's the first time you've reported late they often let you off with a warning. My advice would be to go to Phuket town immigration office and report there - not Patong!

See this link http://www.thaivisa.com/315.0.html

GeoffPhuket

Why Geoff ? I always find Patong much better than Phuket Town, horrible people over there :o

I hear lots of stories about it being missed or them letting you off, all from various locations. Ive got off with it before in Patong without even a warning, the guy was quite relaxed and didnt even look, but was only a day or 2.

This time im a month out so im not counting on my luck and preparing for the worse, anything less than the worse will be a bonus !

Done three extensions since. Didn't affect me. Again, maybe I went to the lucky office.... Before you give your name and present your documents, you're always supposed to ask, "And what side of the bed did you get up on, this morning, kind sir?" :o

Edited by toptuan

One the fine is paid, you will be forgiven.

If you have the (expired) slip in your p/port, take it out and hope nobody asks for it. If so, 'oh sorry'. I only know the Bangkok immigration, extention- and 90-days report are two different sections.

Do you have a valid re-entry permit? You always could fly out before your extension expires. More expensive but good to relax, somewhere. It is unliklely that immigration wil check for the report-slip when leaving the country.

You'll probably get a 2000 Baht fine - but if it's the first time you've reported late they often let you off with a warning. My advice would be to go to Phuket town immigration office and report there - not Patong!

See this link http://www.thaivisa.com/315.0.html

GeoffPhuket

Why Geoff ? I always find Patong much better than Phuket Town, horrible people over there :o

I hear lots of stories about it being missed or them letting you off, all from various locations. Ive got off with it before in Patong without even a warning, the guy was quite relaxed and didnt even look, but was only a day or 2.

This time im a month out so im not counting on my luck and preparing for the worse, anything less than the worse will be a bonus !

I lived in Patong for three years and my experience differs from yours. The office in Phuket town had a terrible reputation until the top nobs from BBK decended on it. Now they've got some good guys in there. My friends last month reported late by a week, and were just told not to do it again!

Good luck

I tried to use the hospital trick also, I even had been to my doc the day before for a checkup, got him to fill in a medical certificate and write on it that I been under his care from before due date till after.

Even got the wifey to go and lodge it and say I was house bound, could not move.

Even got the wifey to take in my 1yo cute as a button daughter to help in the process.

Basic outcome was bugger off, 2000b fine regardless. You were well enough to send in missus and kid now, should have sent her in on the due date...oh well they did have a point but I just plainly forgot about it.

No problems with it and none in future, even the 90 days is from the actual report date, not back dated by a month or whatever, so actually I got a free 3 weeks or so, kinda.

...had a terrible reputation until the top nobs from BBK decended on it...

Interestingly, the Udon Thani office had the same reputation with the "Wicked Witch of the East" dominating the scene. I use the description advisedly due to an unmistakable cackle that always followed the discovery of a documentation error. Farangs were the scum of the earth to be screwed over in the most disingenious of methods and discourteous of manners. Any of you who've been there know exactly who I'm talking about.

However, the same thing happened (BKK dudes swooping down). I happened to be there one of the days the head honchos sat peering over her shoulder. Beads of sweat were evident on her furrowed brow. In about a year, she transformed from a bemedaled matron of capricious authority, to a demoted* humble servant of the public.

*no more medals, just a plain brown uniform.

Good things do happen, even in bureaucracies. :o

I tried to use the hospital trick also, I even had been to my doc the day before for a checkup, got him to fill in a medical certificate and write on it that I been under his care from before due date till after.

Even got the wifey to go and lodge it and say I was house bound, could not move.

Even got the wifey to take in my 1yo cute as a button daughter to help in the process.

Basic outcome was bugger off, 2000b fine regardless. You were well enough to send in missus and kid now, should have sent her in on the due date...oh well they did have a point but I just plainly forgot about it.

No problems with it and none in future, even the 90 days is from the actual report date, not back dated by a month or whatever, so actually I got a free 3 weeks or so, kinda.

I was never even going to so much as consider the hospital excuse. I have been here long enough to know that this will fall on deaf ears ! They probably heard it a million times.

Geoff, how long ago since the P Town office got better ? Last time I was there was about 6 months ago ? Has it changed ? My missus has been down to P Town office loads of times in the last few weeks and she reckons its still bad, reckons Patong is best....

The 90 day report can be done in person plus/minus 7 days of the stamp date. Later than that there is a standard fine of 2,000 baht be it one day or many. Although some have been told not to be late in the future there has not been anything official posted about a change.