has walking street lost its appeal

novo58

Walking street is what it is. If you are horny & want to check out some prime young chicks (or not so fine & way out of prime time ladies) Walking street is fine. I have been here 11 years now & while it was better back then( now a lot of Russian-but not in a bad way Just very expensive) It is still fine for its purpose. I have a gal I have been with for 10 years so I don't frequent the action places but It is a must for friends to see when they visit. For me I have never had a bad time there & realized going into it that it was going to be expensive. But for the price a visitor can hook up with a college age girl for very little cost comparing to what it costs to wine & dine a date & Maybe you get lucky for a whole lot more. Patpong & Soi Cowboy the same as here but Pattaya at least to me has a distinct advantage over BKK.

If they did away with Walking street that would be a real minus. Hanging out at Soi Bukow if your not in your 70's to get your lecher on just don't do it for me.

And when I make it to the Philippines I will check out Angel city looks like more of the same & fun.

Edited by Beardog
  • Like 1

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walking Street is, and always has been, a human zoo. You will see everything from the human species that has evolved .That's what makes it interesting. Buy a beer, sit by the roadside, and watch it all pass by ..its a cheap nights entertainment.

I'd say you see a lot more of the type that haven't evolved for the last few thousand years

Yes sorry to say,

I've had some great times in walking street,

But now it's time for walking street to 'walk on', clean up, and develop the area into a great beech resort for us all to enjoy.

Watching the development going on around walking street for the last few years I think something is planned by the powers that be to develop the area into a beech resort with harbour for the elite.

Very welcomed by most of us that love to live here in and around Pattaya.

I think something is planned by the powers that be to develop the area into a beech resort with harbour for the elite.

You are probably right, but it will not happen while Pattaya has broken infrastructure. The new beach walkway is part of that plan, but was so badly built it is a mess now.

Jomptien is far more likely to become the area for the so called "elite" ( actually just people with too much money ).

I dont get one thing.

They say oo chinese numbers are up

But i never saw chinese going to a bar or a gogo its rare.

And they just follow the flag tour...

Even in my gf busines money exchange i can tell they not change much money

200 yuan thats it...

I dont see how they benefit to economy much if they comes in big groups but spend little...

They benefit the hotels they stay at, Koh Larn where they go to eat seafood, the bus companies they travel with and the travel companies that look after them. However, they do not benefit the bars or gogos by a satang.

10 years ago Walking Street was full of American / European / Scandanavian / Australian people. Now it's full of Indian / Arab / Chinese people.

Maybe that is the answer to your question OP.

You mean...it is restricted to people with some spending power tongue.png

Whatever their nationality , their money is the common denominator .

These multi national spenders , will meet their chosen one , and tread the well worm path,

on their pilgrimage to Issan . Good for the Thai economy .

Welcome , one and all.wai2.gif

Edited by elliss

If you look at who is coming to Thailand, russians,Chinese, Indians etc walking street numbers reflects this trend. I was there a few days ago and it was packed. There were more flags leading groups than I have seen in a long time. Many middle eastern and Indian but few farang except if you consider Russians as farang than many also.

The rest of Pattaya was not doing so well but give it another year or two and all of Pattaya will be Russian, Indian, middle eastern and Chinese tourists. European and American will be few and far between.... Times are a changing ....

10 years ago Walking Street was full of American / European / Scandanavian / Australian people. Now it's full of Indian / Arab / Chinese people.

Maybe that is the answer to your question OP.

You mean...it is restricted to people with some spending power tongue.png

Whatever their nationality , their money is the common denominator .

These multi national spenders , will meet their chosen one , and tread the well worm path,

on their pilgrimage to Issan . Good for the Thai economy .

Welcome , one and all.wai2.gif

Japan? No. Korea? No. China? No. India? No. Russia? No. Methinks a trip to Walking street is in order for you to see how it works.

Edited by thailiketoo

Walking Street only appeals to Sex Tourist, always has & always will.coffee1.gif

WS is an tourist attraction nowadays (unfortunately) and because of that the majority of the crowd nowadays is NOT sex tourists........ Unfortunately :( Edited by Yahooka

NO; if one can make that conclusion based on the number of people l have seen in the street, bars, night clubs over the past week. Everything will wear thin for some people over time. But Walking St is still very busy with many bars and night clubs full

The farlangs that go there regularly and i mean the bottom of the barrel u see in gogo bars shining there flash lights on the dancers crotch area are slowly diminishing. Demographics have changed and they dont enjoy as much of what people used to.

What are FARLANGS.

Is this a new breed coming????

• Like 1

The farlangs that go there regularly and i mean the bottom of the barrel u see in gogo bars shining there flash lights on the dancers crotch area are slowly diminishing. Demographics have changed and they dont enjoy as much of what people used to.

What are FARLANGS.

I suspect it was a 'typo.' I suspect you knew that and were trying to be funny.

What are FARLANGS.

I suspect it was a 'typo.' I suspect you knew that and were trying to be funny.

I suspect you were right, i admire that

I do not think the comment about Westerners being the majority visiting Walking Street was racist. It is true that after the financial crunch 8,7 years ago the number of visitors visiting Thailand dropped from those who lived in Europe, North America, Australia and such. Everyone now is worried about their jobs, their retirement plan, and having enough saved. And... look how the flights have increased in cost. Ten years ago I could get a round trip flight to Chicago for around 1000 dollars, now it is around 1700 dollars. So now you have the Chinese and other Asian groups that follow their leader along with the Russians who do not go into the bars but prefer to by their big bottle of beer at a 7/11 and stroll down Walking Street The dance clubs still attract the young crowd so that hasn't changed, but the other kinds of bars have a lot of competition.

• Like 1

I do not think the comment about Westerners being the majority visiting Walking Street was racist. It is true that after the financial crunch 8,7 years ago the number of visitors visiting Thailand dropped from those who lived in Europe, North America, Australia and such. Everyone now is worried about their jobs, their retirement plan, and having enough saved. And... look how the flights have increased in cost. Ten years ago I could get a round trip flight to Chicago for around 1000 dollars, now it is around 1700 dollars. So now you have the Chinese and other Asian groups that follow their leader along with the Russians who do not go into the bars but prefer to by their big bottle of beer at a 7/11 and stroll down Walking Street The dance clubs still attract the young crowd so that hasn't changed, but the other kinds of bars have a lot of competition.

And the gangs of Indians sharing a beer amongst half a dozen who come in on flights from Bombay for about a 100$ return. They are a large presence on BR and gravitate to WS.

• Like 1

And the gangs of Indians sharing a beer amongst half a dozen who come in on flights from Bombay for about a 100$ return. They are a large presence on BR and gravitate to WS.

A group of them will even try to haggle over the cost of a baht bus w00t.gif .

I first visited WS in 1986, while serving in the US Navy. Liberty boats took us to shore and 300 cute girls were there to greet us. Wow - what a pleasant welcome to Thailand. I got married in Cebu City the following year, raised a family for the next 12 years, until I finally divorced the Americanized pinay wife. came back to Patts with the Man Tour in 2001. It was still fun - especially with a group of single men.

I was just there last week for 4 days, visiting my friend Casey - stayed on soi 13. He likes to hang out at Tahitian Queen. Also visited Lou at the Nevada Bar. Had drinks and buffet at the Wonderful Bar 2. Good times. The last night, I was at my desk for awhile and decided to get some exercise. So I walked down Walking Street. Had to squeeze past some celebrity "cluster formations." The only thing that grabbed my attention was the "fish spa." A Russian massage parlor had some tanks of minnows and customers were soaking there feet and calves in the water - 20 minutes for B50. So I decided to give it a try. Wow - at first it tickled like crazy. Then it just felt weird, as fish nibbled at my skin. I chatted with the Vietnamese 2 couples next to me and watched the Russians laughing like crazy. It was a great time.

Otherwise, the broken sidewalks and raw sewage, bumper to bumper traffic, cacophony of sounds and smells held very little appeal. Like anything else, it is the new and novel that intrigues us. Also, I prefer clean, quiet, beautiful surroundings - like I have in Palm Harbor, Florida. Will I miss the "Coconut Bar" on Beach Road? Nah. Just desperate females looking for cash. mai ow, kop...