The various merits of the terminology ... 'Mixed Race' vs 'Cross Cultural'.

David48

Is there genuine interest in the discussion the various merits of of the terminology ... 'Mixed Race' vs 'Cross Cultural'.

Here it is for you ... background below ...

Personally, I look forward to challenge of raising mixed race kids.

Surely, they will be involved with Buddhism ... they will live some time in Thailand, mix with Parents and Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, Cousins and Neighbours who are practising Buddhists.

Understanding Buddhism is important for them to be Culturally integrated in Thailand ... anyone to believes otherwise is ignoring reality.

Also they will be involved with Christianity. It's comprehension is less important but still, an understanding is usefull. The boys will hopefully embrace the Charitable aspect of Christianity which is a quality which I value.

I also look forward to the time when we can go to country, away from the bright lights and just stare up at the Stars and imagine what is possible

No doubt there will be people who will disagree with our plans for our kids. That's fine. It's a personal choice.

For me, personally, balance in life's education is important.

Life's education extends past the classroom.

As I posted above, and you chose to highlight ... Personally, I look forward to challenge of raising mixed race kids.

Thanks for your input frollywolly ... but no need to concern yourself in the future.

I was happy with my post.

I don't need you to be my personal PC filter ... keep that Politically Correct BS for the West.

We do seem to be varying away from the intent of the OP. How about this?

You start up a Thread in the Family and Children Forum and discuss the various merits of 'Mixed Race' vs 'Cross Cultural'.

I know that this will be a challenge for you as you are yet to start your first OP ... but it will be a great test of your character.

But, if you don't wish to ... run along now ... there is a Bar Stool with your name on it ... you Hunsum Man you.

Someone out there will love you long term ... personally I'm struggling to even like you in the short term... rolleyes.gif.

You have already stated you are happy in blissful ignorance of the correct meaning of the terms. I accepted that already. I never meant to offend you, though I can see you have taken it personally and put your defences up by being personally derogatory towards me. I apologise if I offended you by pointing out your error.

I see nothing politically incorrect about pointing out the correct use of the terms. The terms mean different things, nothing at all to do with political correctness.

You see old bean, pointing out the correct meaning and usage of terminology is not political correctness.

Use of correct terminology allows a conversation to flow and for all participants to avoid confusion by understanding the terminology. In my circle of friends the difference in saying mixed race and cross cultural means two different things.

As you are fixated on Political Correctness, I will address that issue, but only because you have brought it up.

I am not politically correct. I rarely use the term. (I do find it heartily amusing that after the chicken sonogram incident you label me politically correct! Petty tit for tat on your part, old boy?)

Now, Mrs Frolly and I never call our children ‘mixed race’. I find the term curious. It is a label that carries stigma. They are just ‘our children’ and we have always felt that labelling them ‘mixed race’ would disadvantage them in their own minds and for anyone who heard us describe them that way.

I offer this not as advice to you but as way of explanation of the imporance in distinguishing terms and meaning.

Any comments from the readership?

Edited by David48

David48, If i had wanted to start a new topic I would have. I will choose what topics I post when I use my name. Please respect this.

I feel violated that you would attempt to post a topic using my name and permission.

Why do you feel the need to control all the content on Thaivisa and attempt to control who can post where and what they can post?

You act like you are the new owner of thaivisa. Is this the case?

edit** I see now you have edited out the reference you made to this topic being started on behalf of me and for me, after i complained in my post.

I still feel extremely violated and bullied at you using my name and quotes without my permission to create a new thread to serve your own agenda. Whatever that might be

Edited by frollywolly

going to close this as it si provocation and instigation.

anyone interested can check on the internet among any of the anthropology or sociology sites about definations and interpretation of the terms.

in my eyes its very clear: mixed race is dna; multi cultural is how u were raised.