Question about my bike lease

revgreen

Which is exactly why I'm not trying to buy a huge bike only to turn around and sell it when I leave.

A 300 would be perfect. Good price and more than enough to have fun on while I'm here.

250 would honestly be okay I'm sure, I'm just stubborn at this point.

Edited by revgreen

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the newly arrived Ninja is a 2012 FI model. 12000 km. Tires look new (though they're the crappy Road Warrior stock tires which I'll swap soon), brakes seem alright. Everything seems to be in decent shape. Doesn't look as good as the 300 imo, and I'm not crazy about the decals (which I'd probably remove) but the white color is nice. Took it for a small test drive (just through the parking lot) but I'll take it out on the road before buying.

87k total. Which is a good bit less than I wanted to spend.

Worth it?

http://autobikegallery.com/2011-kawasaki-ninja-250r/2011-kawasaki-ninja-250r-white-front-angle/ <- that's the bike.

Looks like it's a 2011, not 2012. But it's definitely FI either way.. There is a FI light on the instrument panel.

Edited by revgreen

FYI

My Ninja 300 top speed 181 km/h. Power wise, speed wise, comfort wise, etc... it beats my Yamaha Dragstar 400 hands down. It will be a big step up from 200 Phantom.

Regarding CBR vs Ninja - sit on both and see how they feel. I tried CBR and found it uncomfortable. Ninja is classified as a sports cruiser, it gives you a more upright position than the CBR. IMHO

Really? I thought exactly the opposite. Cbr250 against Ninja 250.

I can say for sure that CBR 250 vs Ninja 650 the ninja 650 is more upright and feels far more comfortable.

• Like 2

FYI

My Ninja 300 top speed 181 km/h. Power wise, speed wise, comfort wise, etc... it beats my Yamaha Dragstar 400 hands down. It will be a big step up from 200 Phantom.

Regarding CBR vs Ninja - sit on both and see how they feel. I tried CBR and found it uncomfortable. Ninja is classified as a sports cruiser, it gives you a more upright position than the CBR. IMHO

Really? I thought exactly the opposite. Cbr250 against Ninja 250.

I can say for sure that CBR 250 vs Ninja 650 the ninja 650 is more upright and feels far more comfortable.

I agree!

So I went for the Ninja 250.

I'm glad I did. It is way more fun on the road than the Phantom ever was. Tires that came on it are crap, looks like they've never been changed. So changing is my first order of business..

But man.. as I was driving the 250 away they were wheeling out a fresh green 300 SE. My heart aches.

• Like 1