Who didn't come here for the women?

SoiBiker

I assume the OP brought his with him when he came?

Me? First time I came for adventure. Second time to be with that dazzling Thai lady I met the first time. So, guess I'm here not for the wimmen but for the woman. I'm also here for Bangkok. Love this city and couldn't imagine living anywhere else in the world. To paraphrase Dr. Johnson, "when a man is tired of Bangkok he is tired of life."

Love the rattle & hum of the Big Mango, the sewer stench, the beggars & bargirls, skytrain zipping by overhead, street food scent of shrimp paste & fish sauce, the VW bars, the ha taew tat on a sexy shoulderblade, the sex starved barflies, scorching tropical heat, frogs in the toilet, spirit houses lit up at night, river taxis on khlongs & Chao Phraya... just the sheer tingling electrical force field of people energy, lighting me up everyday. Hail Bangkokians. The danger. I've got a fireplace back home in the States, safe & secure. But some know how quickly "comfortably numb" can turn into the big sleep.

I grew up in Queens & the Bronx. Had 10 good years till my father started dragging us all over the country. But the city will always be in my blood. Love Phnom Pehn & HCMC too. But here's to Bangkok, the best, the old Bronx reincarnated.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ATF post # 245

Looks like your bikerman would be chasing 13 year olds on his bike.

Now would he be liable to be done for breaking and entering a minor then or possibly charged with C.K.?

Talk about about a sore individual, one certainly can see why SoiBiker has an attitude sitting on this Kevlar saddle all day.w00t.gif

IMG_4158.JPG

Edited by siampolee

Whoosh........ I'll try again.

Glegolo was trying to bash Americans by implying they did not know where Bangkok was and wrote, "American I presume??" in response to a poster from the UK who had written,

"I even had to google Bangkok to be 100% where it was."

Get it? He was trying to mock Americans who he proposed did not know where Bangkok was when in fact the person who didn't know was not from America but the UK.

It has nothing to do with land. Glegolo was trying to imply that Americans, the education system and population as a whole are stupid.

Land had nothing to do with it at all. Americans are Americans regardless of the land they stand on. 110 million Americans have passports that is more than the combined populations of the UK and Australia and Italy together.

I was just asking him to admit he was in error about assuming the person who he was mocking was an American and admit he was from the UK.

It was only a bit tongue in cheek. I'm sure he didn't mean too much from it.

I do find it strange that more Americans don't like foreign travel though considering their relative wealth compared to a lot of the rest of the world. Around 75% of Brits have passports and only about 45% of Americans. I'm not looking into one is better than the other just curious as to why that might be.

America is a huge beautiful country....much to see and travel...add Canada which is the largest land mass country on the planet and lots to see....add the fact that long vacations are pretty much gone (leave for too long they don't need you - especially if pulling down big bucks) some are afraid to take time off....others are locked into a tight work cycle and when they do travel it's domestically and maybe family oriented....during my working time very few relax vacations let alone international travel.....US folks don't think outside the box travel wise....not a hop skip and jump to multiple countries like other places.... Edited by pgrahmm

Some interesting responses. It's odd that some can't accept that anyone might simply not be interested in the local women.

Not interested in the local women? That's strange indeed, so seems you are not gay, so are you 89 or what? Wherever I go I am always interested in the local women. Is a natural thing that men are interested in women. Now of course it depends how you define 'interested'....

I'm not particularly interested in local women either. Albeit some are physically attractive on the outside it is the profound deficit of critical thinking, outside the box initiative, and feudal drone mentality and erratic behavior that virtually nullifies the cosmetic appearance. In my experience exceptions do exist but represent a fraction of 1%. I'm not gay or paraplegic

atycib ... IMO, it is a sure sign of ignorance when someone comes out with a statement like your "profound deficit of critical thinking - etc"; to my mind, an articulation by a person outing them self, by the vernacular they use and are, in fact, guilty of what they accuse others of ... you may not be gay or a paraplegic, but you sure have a dwarfism of the intellect ...

Out of interest if you and your wife were to split up would you be interested in the locals Thai women?

What a kind thought!

No.

A gay mate of mine is 'married'.

He calls his partner his wife.

SoiBiker ... is your 'Wife' a woman?

In the Biological term ... I don't mean a Post-Op or any of the potential variations.

Just asking like ...

Me! Because I am a woman (and not a lesbian). But nice for me to see all those farang men played by the thai women....I always enjoyed to see the thai ladies playing with them, as farang men are only following the very little brain they have. I do not need to say their brain is not in their head....There are so many more reasons to be here....but men don't know....And I am not here for thai men because whatever farang men say, thai men are just the same....I am here for me, for a nice place with good food, good weather, easy life, and so on....!

You wrote, "But nice for me to see all those farang men played by the thai women....I always enjoyed to see the thai ladies playing with them,"

Well that says it all doesn't it.

What does it say? What I meant...I saw that men are always easy to manipulate for that kind of "ladies". I am not that kind of lady and I would prefer to interact with clever men, but they are not easy to find. I love to see the stupid manipulated....Do you understand better now? Yes I have a kind of dispute on going with men....But which women does not have? Now coming back to the subject, I see all the time that most of the men come here for the (easy) women. Because in their country they cannot have a real relation with women...Maybe women are too clever for them?

aglae4 ... men are manipulated by women full stop. We men folk understand your view and agree with some part and don't agree with it other parts.

But reading your words, I can see you are generally genuine in your question (but being a woman, add an insult about women - in their own country - being more clever). So I will tell you in all honesty a) why I came to Thailand first (my friend of 43 years was having his 60th birthday party in Pattaya where he has lived for some 6 years) B) I came back the second time for dental work and c) at that time, met my (now) wife.

I am not unattractive to women (in my country); however, most 'available' women have baggage which they bring to the new relationship; they are too intense and their insecurities overshadow however much you say to reassure them ... it is annoying and relationship destroying.

So I didn't come to Thailand for a woman or a Wife; if you had said to me 4 years ago 'you will get married to a Thai woman', I would have said nonsense.

I wish for you what I would like for myself ... a healthy and good life ...

I'm not interested in Thai ladies. I do. however, find the way they're discussed on here quite fascinating, albeit in a grotesque kind of way.

You don't find it odd - always being the odd man out? Not saying that in a bad way just an observation. It would make me question my core values if I was the only salmon swimming down stream.

thailiketoo ... the odd persnickety american, who should do as he writes and 'consider his core values' ... (are there any salmon left to swim up streams in the USofA ?)

I have been 4 months in Thailand, 2 Koh Pha Ngan, 1 Bangkok, 1 Chiang Mai and I did not talk to a single bar girl. I have never been in a bar. I am a 47 years old guy, straight, very sexual active but I would never, ever, EVER get involved with a bar girl or have a sexual relationship with a woman that is on it for money.

None of my friends back in Canada would believe me that in Thailand men like me can stay without having a sex with a bar girl. To them, Thailand equates with sex for sport.

marinpa ... " very sexual active " you must be a card player ... euchre .... got a full hand ... and going alone

There are 1000's of European couples that come here, mostly for the winter months.....just look at the condos,the villages built by overseas developers, targeting overseas individuals etc..

Their husbands aren't here for the women, they have found theirs at home..

There are many shades of thailand..

Quite a lot of the husbands manage to slip off for an hour or two.

I do find it strange that more Americans don't like foreign travel though considering their relative wealth compared to a lot of the rest of the world. Around 75% of Brits have passports and only about 45% of Americans. I'm not looking into one is better than the other just curious as to why that might be.

In many jobs, they only get two weeks holiday.

Not worth travelling all that far with only two weeks.

Whoosh........ I'll try again.

Glegolo was trying to bash Americans by implying they did not know where Bangkok was and wrote, "American I presume??" in response to a poster from the UK who had written,

"I even had to google Bangkok to be 100% where it was."

Get it? He was trying to mock Americans who he proposed did not know where Bangkok was when in fact the person who didn't know was not from America but the UK.

It has nothing to do with land. Glegolo was trying to imply that Americans, the education system and population as a whole are stupid.

Land had nothing to do with it at all. Americans are Americans regardless of the land they stand on. 110 million Americans have passports that is more than the combined populations of the UK and Australia and Italy together.

I was just asking him to admit he was in error about assuming the person who he was mocking was an American and admit he was from the UK.

I'm sure he didn't wink wink nod nod just another dumb Yank ha ha. So he was wrong. At least for his stereotypic mocking comment he could have apologized but wink wink nod nod we don't apologize to yanks on here. .. 110 million Yanks have passports and that is more than the combined population of UK and Australia so Yanks do travel. You mention percent. Why? I mention gross numbers why? Both serve our interpretation of the facts.

More Yanks travel than Brits and that's a fact. Driving to ten other countries from Britain is like going out to dinner on a Sunday for many people who live in the States. It's a big country. America has Thailand's third largest city in California. I can surf in the morning and go snow skiing in the evening not a problem. There are 6 different time zones in America. There are 5 major mountain ranges in America and two oceans and the Gulf of Mexico and the Great Lakes. 6000 ships and 30,000 lives lost in the Great Lakes in case you think they are small time.

We just get this all the time on Thai Visa and it's 100% BS. California wines are better than French and food choices in NYC, San Francisco and New Orleans are greater than any 10 countries in Europe. Much of the USA was under the rule of 6 different nations so lots of different cultures. And there are more Irish in the USA than in Ireland what more could anyone want?

Edited by thailiketoo

Out of interest if you and your wife were to split up would you be interested in the locals Thai women?

What a kind thought!

No.

In the Biological term ... I don't mean a Post-Op or any of the potential variations.

Just asking like ...

Try reading the thread rather than asking stupid questions.

I'm not interested in Thai ladies. I do. however, find the way they're discussed on here quite fascinating, albeit in a grotesque kind of way.

You don't find it odd - always being the odd man out? Not saying that in a bad way just an observation. It would make me question my core values if I was the only salmon swimming down stream.

thailiketoo ... the odd persnickety american, who should do as he writes and 'consider his core values' ... (are there any salmon left to swim up streams in the USofA ?)

According to the FAO, in 2005 the United States harvested 4,888,621 tonnes of fish from wild fisheries and another 471,958 tonnes from aquaculture. This made the United States the fifth leading producer of fish after China, Peru, India and Indonesia, with 3.8 percent of the world total.

Another odd persnickety (insert your country), so there.

The salmon swimming upstream are going to die - lemmings don't do so well either.......nothing wrong with contrary thinking - it's what has changed a flat world to round and spurred most of the greatest discoveries.......the rest were accidental - imagine there were a few bamboo shacks reconfigured with the invention of gun powder.....

But if you've been to Alaska and watched the salmon it's an awesome (kind of sad) sight.....you can still steelhead fish in a lot of the rivers/streams in Calif.....

Edited by pgrahmm

According to the FAO, in 2005 the United States harvested 4,888,621 tonnes of fish from wild fisheries and another 471,958 tonnes from aquaculture. This made the United States the fifth leading producer of fish after China, Peru, India and Indonesia, with 3.8 percent of the world total.

so fish catch is down considerably then (try researching and using up to date figures; and no adding american contaminated GE salmon either) ...

and as thought fishing out the oceans is some sort of positive accomplishment !

so fish catch is down considerably then (try researching and using up to date figures; and no adding american contaminated GE salmon either) ...

and as thought fishing out the oceans is some sort of positive accomplishment !

You brought up the silly anti American jibe in response to my question about being an odd man out. You wrote, "thailiketoo ... the odd persnickety american, who should do as he writes and 'consider his core values' ... (are there any salmon left to swim up streams in the USofA ?)"

I wasn't talking about fishing in America.

I was talking about salmon swimming up stream as is normal for salmon the world over. But you turned it into an anti American comment. Soi Biker is unusual here and his attitude is unusual. Nothing wrong with that and I asked about it.

Why not keep your anti American bias in your home place and stop polluting us here with that kind of off topic anti American nonsense.

It's a reasonable question, surely?

Most days this place seems like the farang husbands support group. I'm just curious as to whether that's really the case, or if the membership is more diverse than that.

i must be one of the few who did not come for the Thai women,lol i am married to a beautiful woman. who is Russian, she is younger than me ,and is very beautiful. we both fell in love with Thailand . last year. Now i will say that Thai women are beautiful and forever young until about 50 like most ( just kidding) . but if you saw my wife you would see why. she is 5 ft and about 39k long hair to her waist. anyway we both think its a beautiful place to live.

It's a reasonable question, surely?

Most days this place seems like the farang husbands support group. I'm just curious as to whether that's really the case, or if the membership is more diverse than that.

i must be one of the few who did not come for the Thai women,lol i am married to a beautiful woman. who is Russian, she is younger than me ,and is very beautiful. we both fell in love with Thailand . last year. Now i will say that Thai women are beautiful and forever young until about 50 like most ( just kidding) . but if you saw my wife you would see why. she is 5 ft and about 39k long hair to her waist. anyway we both think its a beautiful place to live.

So why did you really come to Thailand?

I didn't come for the women, I came to do some contract work for a Thai manufacturer,, still here over 2 years later. Never been involved with a Thai girl either,,,

I think despite your impression there are many people whoa re not interested in the sex trade, go go bars and such.

There are plenty of them. I'm just curious why they're so under-represented here.

I'm not sure they are,, I can't tell by the posters name if they frequent go go bars and such. Could be that the people not interested in it don't participate in the conversations about it because they are not interested in it,,,

I once posted on a thread saying how terrible it is that the young women are exploited from the North and pressed into prostitution and I got shot down by people saying its their choice and not exploitation, really terrible views,, so perhaps the people not interested just don't want to debate it,, I will certainly not rush in again.

A little bit of fun and humor Ion the morning. Its good. I always have loved the cynicism in these forums. Most of those who profess having come here for things other than the women are probably the ones sitting at the bars in NAna from 8 am. What else is there? If you wanted hot and humid weather you'd be by the beach. And there are hundreds of beaches cheaper and more beautiful than in Thailsnd in other countries. If you wanted good food you'd be in Southern Europe. If you wanted engaging, smart people you'd be anywhere but in Thailand. If you wanted to see smiles, you'd be in Lopburi. If you wanted to love cheap and eat the rest of your life at road stalls you'd be in Central America. Granted that probably less that 5% of farangs in Thailand can read Thai to save their lives (being generous with the 1%, benefit of the doubt stuff). What else? Ahhhh the girls.....!

i have been to most all the places you have said lol all true !!! i just brought my girl with me. only place where she can buy cloths that fit her lol at 5 ft and 39 k feels right at home here,lol size x small

I didn't come for the women, I came to do some contract work for a Thai manufacturer,, still here over 2 years later. Never been involved with a Thai girl either,,,

I think despite your impression there are many people whoa re not interested in the sex trade, go go bars and such.

There are plenty of them. I'm just curious why they're so under-represented here.

I'm not sure they are,, I can't tell by the posters name if they frequent go go bars and such. Could be that the people not interested in it don't participate in the conversations about it because they are not interested in it,,,

I once posted on a thread saying how terrible it is that the young women are exploited from the North and pressed into prostitution and I got shot down by people saying its their choice and not exploitation, really terrible views,, so perhaps the people not interested just don't want to debate it,, I will certainly not rush in again.

If one marries a bar girl and builds her a home an buys her family autos and pay for the education of 20 children some might be hard pressed to call it exploitation.

Just asking like ...

Painfully ... I read it all.

I read the post where you said your wife was white.

My gay mate's wife was 'white'.

So, my question remains unanswered.

Your credibility is slipping away.

Liars dodge questions ... whistling.gif

David48 post # 248.

Just asking like ...

Who knows?

Perhaps SoiBiker sits on his partners lap they then make small talk about the first thing that comes up or vice versa.whistling.gif

Edited by siampolee

Just asking like ...

Painfully ... I read it all.

I read the post where you said your wife was white.

My gay mate's wife was 'white'.

So, my question remains unanswered.

Your credibility is slipping away.

Liars dodge questions ... whistling.gif

You can't have read that closely if you missed the bit where I said I was married to a woman.

What do you think I'm lying about?