Leftover GBP Coins...

Lockind

How to get rid off in BKK? I have £19.87, to be exact. Mostly in pound coins. It's been sitting in a drawer for years.

Is anybody going back to the UK anytime soon who'll swap them for a 1000 note? I'm at On Nut but regularly around the Nana/Asoke bars.

Dude! Hang on to them!

I once spent several years overseas (from Florida), and landed back in Chicago with ZERO local change/coins/currency.

I quite happily took off down a tollway in my rental/hire car with NO USA currency!

I saw a sign that said "Toll Booth Ahead" and freaked out! I pulled over and had about $1.25 in USA quarters buried deep in my computer bag. Whew! I next had to pull over in search of an ATM in a seedy area of Chicago.

Normally, I think ahead, but that bit of forgotten change came in handy that day.

Keep them for a rainy day Mate!

• Like 1

i always keep mine in a biscuit tin for when i go home or abroad once every year or so. Always comes in useful if i need use a pay phone or pay for those ridiculously expensive trolleys in British airports, the ones that should be free!

???

What airport are you using? I've only ever seen airports in the US charge for trolleys.

• Like 1

i always keep mine in a biscuit tin for when i go home or abroad once every year or so. Always comes in useful if i need use a pay phone or pay for those ridiculously expensive trolleys in British airports, the ones that should be free!

???

What airport are you using? I've only ever seen airports in the US charge for trolleys.

MAnchester have started charging a quid for trolleys, over a year ago....robbers !!

???

MAnchester have started charging a quid for trolleys, over a year ago....robbers !!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

yes but you get your pound back if you return the trolley instead of abandoning it

No you don't. Not at Manchester. I was there in August - its not like a shopping trolley. you put your quid into a machine and that's the cost: i deliberately left my trolley in the bog to make them earn their money!

BTW OP you're not exactly being generous - at today's rates you're offering 24 baht in commission to take your shrapnel off you! When I had my pub I used to let punters spend UK coins at advantageous rates to get bums on seats. One year I took 150 quid back to UK in coins. Weighed ton!

Many British people arrive at Manchester without change and most foreign tourists have no access to UK coins before they fly there. The last two times I flew there I couldn't get a trolley.

I live here in a supposedly third world country with a far superior airport service.