90 Day report now with less papercopys?

Even i did already a lot of 90 day reports, i always confused with what i really need and what not. I made a report last year and the officer told me i don't need all these copys (copy from passport ID page, current visa page, current entry, arrival card, condo rental and untillity bill). Than i went to the immi the next time and (another) officer ask me where all the copys are, he need them - i told him last time the other officer told me i don`t need any copys at all. The friendly officer explained to me, only the other officer don't need them, cause she does the 90 day reports with the computer. That was right, the other officer did them with a computer and even the notice she pinned in looks different.

Anyway, cause i don`t know in advance to which counter my number will bring me, i did these time all the copys so that i was prepeared for everything. The number i got leads me to the counter with the officer without computer. Suprisingly, he not even inspected all my copys, they all just layed somewhere on his table where i placed them. Everything goes very fast so i don`t know if he later took my copys or if they just went straight to the rubbish bin. When i arrived at home, i saw that i forgot my utility and condo rental bill at all.

So that leads me to the question:

What copys are really needed for the 90 day report? I think i will next time try it again just with my passport and the tm47 form. What are your experience with that?

Edited by AsienExpat

That sounds like Jomtien immigration

Yes it is. smile.png

I think i will try it next time also just with my passport and tm47. I can't see this time that anybody needed my copy's, i feel sorry for all that trees that have to die all the time for nothing. sad.png

Edited by AsienExpat

My immigration office wants nothing more than the TM47 form and my passport to do the reports.

My immigration office demands the following 6 items every 90 days.

1). Passport copy of the photo page, 2). Passport copy of last visa page, 3). Copy of TM.QS page,

4). Current original 90 days page, 5). The passport itself, 6). Application form TM 47,

Yes it is. smile.png

I think i will try it next time also just with my passport and tm47. I can't see this time that anybody needed my copy's, i feel sorry for all that trees that have to die all the time for nothing. sad.png

I've had the same experience at Jomtien. Sometimes they give me back all the photocopies and the officer uses a computer. Sometimes they want everything and no entries into computer. Since I like getting in and out as quickly as possible, I bring everything and leave it up to them if they do or do not want it. Eventually they'll probably consistently not need all the paperwork, but in the meantime I prefer to bring it all and not need it rather than get there without it and be told I need to have it.

Me too have played this copygame. First visit I had one copy,"needs two" Ok,Next time,had two,"needs three" Alright.Next,had three,"needs only one"... Nowadays,I fill my bag with copies.Last time I got that new computer thing,but I will bring my copies anyway,just to surprice them when they ask for them...Surely,Thailand is a funny place to live in.

If I were to read what I am writing below I would not believe it.

But last Tuesday, Nov. 18th, the "computer lady" 90 day agent didn't even want my TM47. She said, "I just want the form I put in your passport the last time you reported."

I just now looked in my trash can... the TM47 is there! It wasn't a dream.

Go figure...

I always mail mine in. I copy every page of my passport that has a stamp, and copy the departure card. I sign all copies. I send in the new form and the old form, and a self addressed envelope with a ฿10 stamp. I send it by EPS, that's it. I think the total is about ฿46, I have sent it from about one week early to a couple of days late. A couple of times I didn't get my new form within a month, so just sent everything again. I have never had a problem, everything is very easy. My immigration office is Sakhon Nakon.

I have lost count of the 'no copies' and 'yes I need copies' from Jomtien. You have no idea when you report who is on the desk,what computer is working, or what side of the bed they got out from.

For 20 Baht you take copies - they will either want them or not. You win either way- no delay if they do and you have them for next report if they do not.

Edited by pontious