CNX to Pong Yaeng

tx22cb

Next week I am flying to Chiang Mai and thence have to make my own way to "Pong Yaeng" (on Highway 1096 north of CM) to join friends who will have arrived in Pong Yaeng 1 day earlier with a car.

Any suggestions on how to travel from the airport to Pong Yaeng, and the approx cost? I will have a couple of bags with me.

Thank you.

I don't know the cost nor how to get there, but I did find Pong Yang District (Mae Rim) to be located about one Km west of the Mae Sa Elephant Camp northwest of Mae Rim. Given that information perhaps someone else here can advise. There are lots of tours that go to the Camp and other attractions out that way, but with luggage and all, that would not be a good option, of course.

Thanks for the tips, MrBrad and MadCow.

Indeed I was thinking of a taxi ... I suppose with such a long journey it'll not be "by meter". At CNX, are there posted prices, or would I be required to negotiate the fare?

I arrive at noon, so I hope that it will be reasonably safe.

Indeed I was thinking of a taxi ... I suppose with such a long journey it'll not be "by meter". At CNX, are there posted prices, or would I be required to negotiate the fare?

There are taxi desk inside the airport where you collect your luggage. Rates should fixed and you will be given a recipe.

• Like 1

There are taxi desk inside the airport where you collect your luggage. Rates should fixed and you will be given a recipe.

Exactly correct. Those recipes are a great bonus, read them in the cab and cook them immediately upon arrival at home, a real treat. And never listen to Mapguy if he tells you to go back to where you came from, he is full of it.