• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow, an amazing junta ...

CheerLeader1.gif

did you grow up under a ictatorship and now find Thailand with no self-governance, no human rights protections, no freedom of expression, no political freedom, arbitrary arrests and detentions, military kangaroo courts, revisionist history, and full-on media censorship 'just like home'?

Which of the above constitute "chaos and unrest"?

I love the "Give me freedom or give me death" brigade if only for amusement, but most people will choose limitations to freedom if it removes the threat of violence and being killed for opposing a criminal regime.

so you mean to say that it is 'just like home'. Where was that?

No, the political parties don't have armed militias in Oz.

BTW Thailand is my home.

didn't know Oz was a ictatorship.

btw, I talked about where you grew up, not where your home is now.

But you seem perfectly comfortable living like this, so good luck to you. For my part, I hope the future holds more for Thai people than on-going, cyclical denial of self-governance and suppression of human rights.

Breaking news: Foreigners posting on Thai Visa who were previously self proclaimed yellow shirt, Suthep sympathisers demanding 'democracy' and an end to corruption realise they just hated Yingluck all along as they now switch their allegiance to Prayuth (the 600 million baht soldier)

Sorry, how does that constitute a switch? They have been planning this coup together since 2010, at least that is what Suthep said.

So they started to plan this coup in 2010 under the Abhisit-led government??

Makes sense. Not!!

Maybe it does make sense you know. They had put Abhisit into power, despite the wishes of the electorate. There was an election coming up you know, they may well have had more than an inkling that it would result in them losing power. Makes sense to start planning to regain power

Prayut seems to be acting more irrational as time goes on. He is far to thin-skinned to be a politician. As a general he could tell people what to do and they had no choice but to comply. As a politician he has lost that power and he has yet to realize that fact. The more he comes up with these kinds of proposed restrictions on travel and freedom of the press the more push back he will get from the Thai population. He has taken steps in the right direction but it is becoming more obvious as time goes on that he is ill suited for the role of a politician.

• Like 1

What do you think her motives were for going to Japan recently? Political or personal?

She had a wonderful time -

I follow her on Facebook she posted scores of photos

Family reunion - Panda bear - food - temples

Lovely photos a very nice person .

Who looks happy out of Politics

I should add very popular also.

(Without a survey done by current Military officials )

However , entertain your deluded thoughts and carry on with conspiracy theories

Its actually entertaining to read such stuff.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well said. 'Visceral hatred" is the unifier for those who oppose Prime Minister Yingluck -- a position she still holds legitimately. It can't be fun going through Life with that much hatred within one.

Wow, what a load of rubbish.

I very much doubt if any of the posters on here hate Yingluck, quite a lot pity her for what her brother has put her through and most realize she had very little input in anything during her time in office.

There would be many who hate what her brother has done to this country, but Yingluck, no, she has just been used by him and she may deserve some sympathy for that but not to the stage where it absolves her of responsibility.

That she has recently met with him on both her overseas trips would indicate she is still very much under his influence and orders.

While saying that it is also true that she was put in (accepted) a position of responsibility which she or her supporters cant really deny (although they try) and now she must answer to the country and the people as the one responsible for any wrongdoing by her Govt.

Considering that hate was one of the main things that got Yingluck elected into the position of PM in the first place, hate generated by the lies about Abhisit and the Dems, which is still being spewed out by posters on this forum, then to accuse others of hate would be just a bit hypocritical.

Incidentally the only position Yingluck currently holds is of an ordinary Thai housewife, she said so herself.

I agree with you that very few reasonable people hate Yingluck whatever their political views.Neverthless it was striking that the social media indicated widespread hatred during her time as PM.My impression this almost psychotic hatred was most widely spread in the Sino Thai urban middle class, which lambasted her for her poor English, alleged low IQ and general ineffectiveness.Oddly enough this hatred was not reflected in the aristocratic and upper class which had no time for her brother.They wished her out of the way but rather liked her personally, hardly surprising because she is a charming and pleasant person.Overseas her time as PM saw a great improvement in Thailand's image after the ineptitude of foreign relations under Abhisit.As you say she holds no position now other than housewife and I believe has no political ambition.

And yet, and yet ...she remains by some distance the most popular politician in the country and her brother the most popular politician outside it.The only real test of this is through a general election and it is not hard to understand why this is being pushed out to the far distance.That is why you can sure she will be banned.The wishes of the Thai people can only be accomodated up to a point.

If she is banned she will be banned for her negligence during her time in office, nothing more nothing less.

Your assessment that she is the most popular politician is only that your assessment, she has never stood before an electorate as a candidate so there has never been a true test of her popularity and there likely never will be.

• Like 1

What do you think her motives were for going to Japan recently? Political or personal?

An assessment from one of her faithful facebook friends.

• Like 1

Well said. 'Visceral hatred" is the unifier for those who oppose Prime Minister Yingluck -- a position she still holds legitimately. It can't be fun going through Life with that much hatred within one.

I very much doubt if any of the posters on here hate Yingluck, quite a lot pity her for what her brother has put her through and most realize she had very little input in anything during her time in office.

There would be many who hate what her brother has done to this country, but Yingluck, no, she has just been used by him and she may deserve some sympathy for that but not to the stage where it absolves her of responsibility.

That she has recently met with him on both her overseas trips would indicate she is still very much under his influence and orders.

While saying that it is also true that she was put in (accepted) a position of responsibility which she or her supporters cant really deny (although they try) and now she must answer to the country and the people as the one responsible for any wrongdoing by her Govt.

Considering that hate was one of the main things that got Yingluck elected into the position of PM in the first place, hate generated by the lies about Abhisit and the Dems, which is still being spewed out by posters on this forum, then to accuse others of hate would be just a bit hypocritical.

Incidentally the only position Yingluck currently holds is of an ordinary Thai housewife, she said so herself.

I agree with you that very few reasonable people hate Yingluck whatever their political views.Neverthless it was striking that the social media indicated widespread hatred during her time as PM.My impression this almost psychotic hatred was most widely spread in the Sino Thai urban middle class, which lambasted her for her poor English, alleged low IQ and general ineffectiveness.Oddly enough this hatred was not reflected in the aristocratic and upper class which had no time for her brother.They wished her out of the way but rather liked her personally, hardly surprising because she is a charming and pleasant person.Overseas her time as PM saw a great improvement in Thailand's image after the ineptitude of foreign relations under Abhisit.As you say she holds no position now other than housewife and I believe has no political ambition.

And yet, and yet ...she remains by some distance the most popular politician in the country and her brother the most popular politician outside it.The only real test of this is through a general election and it is not hard to understand why this is being pushed out to the far distance.That is why you can sure she will be banned.The wishes of the Thai people can only be accomodated up to a point.

If she is banned she will be banned for her negligence during her time in office, nothing more nothing less.

Your assessment that she is the most popular politician is only that your assessment, she has never stood before an electorate as a candidate so there has never been a true test of her popularity and there likely never will be.

No it is not just my assessment.It is a very widely held view and there is plenty of evidence to suggest the regime is nervous at the extent of her popularity in the nation at large.

She was leader of the party which won an easy victory in an election which was free and fair.That seems to be a reliable test of her popularity.

But don't worry.She will be banned from politics and there is more importantly little evidence she wants to continue a political career.

• Like 1

She should have said:

While I'm at the wheel driving the people forward to total bankruptcy, Thank Buddha, suddenly, someone points an imaginary gun at my head and tells me to get lost.

Bar her from everything, she was she is and she will be a liability to this country.

Thanks Costas, well said. A simple like would not have been enough.

If she does receive a travel-ban, it would surely be because she asks permission to take her son away on innocent holiday-trips, but then goes off to other countries, where she meets with her fugitive brother & discusses who-knows-what ?

One can understand how this might irritate the current government.

• Like 1

"Family reunion - Panda bear - food - temples"

Panda, food & temples can already be found in her home-town of Chiang Mai ! rolleyes.gif

So one has to conclude that her real reasons for travelling are to meet her errant self-exiled brother ?

If she does receive a travel-ban, it would surely be because she asks permission to take her son away on innocent holiday-trips, but then goes off to other countries, where she meets with her fugitive brother & discusses who-knows-what ?

One can understand how this might irritate the current government.

Not exactly true -

He is in many of her photos

Its her brother

Your so called Government is not a representative one.

Its in fact a military entity which seized power.

It can hardly moralise .

Lets remember she has left politics and her right to visit Family is reasonable.

The PM would look worse for banning this and it will cause if anything , more disturbance then allowing it.

The woman is Non - political and is enjoying being out of politics.

Imposing these sort of Sanctions on her Might turn the political calm into " a raging sea " and be exactly what the Government doesnt want.

Its far more wise to let things settle down

Edited by Fred Flinstone

No it is not just my assessment.It is a very widely held view and there is plenty of evidence to suggest the regime is nervous at the extent of her popularity in the nation at large.

She was leader of the party which won an easy victory in an election which was free and fair.That seems to be a reliable test of her popularity.

But don't worry.She will be banned from politics and there is more importantly little evidence she wants to continue a political career.

Are you suggesting that all those people that voted for PTP wouldn't have if Yingluck wasn't leading them?

The mental derangement of those who loathe Yingluk Shinawat never take a moment to realize that maybe all the brains in the Shinawat family did not go only to the son. Maybe daughters can be just as capable. It's an extraordinary insult to women to assume the boy got all the brains. but, that, natch, escaped the loathers.

• Like 1

Are you suggesting that all those people that voted for PTP wouldn't have if Yingluck wasn't leading them?

No.But she provided a fresh and popular face as figurehead.I agree however voters respond to policies rather than personalities.

People would still have voted for the Democrats had Abhisit not been leader.

However (unlike Abhisit. obviously the better qualified of the two) Yingluck has charm and likeability which is why she is the most popular politician in the country.This explains the government's extreme nervousness about her.

• Like 1

The mental derangement of those who loathe Yingluk Shinawat never take a moment to realize that maybe all the brains in the Shinawat family did not go only to the son. Maybe daughters can be just as capable. It's an extraordinary insult to women to assume the boy got all the brains. but, that, natch, escaped the loathers.

One of the most uninformed observations of the haters is that Yingluck had no tested executive capability.They argue she only worked in a Shin company as a sinecure.There are a couple of ponts to be made.Firstly it is entire natural in line with Sino Thai business habits for a person to work in a family company.Secondly (and this observation is based on many years of experience) the less capable and energetic of the family members are sidelined or marginalised.The fact that Yingluck held a position of some responsibility says volumes.The reality is that in terms of executive experience and capability she had rather more than her political rivals.This is not to say Abhisit was not her superior in many other ways, and that her emergence as PM wasn't something of a fluke.Still capability and charm aren't to be despised in a politician.

• Like 1

And yet the slogan is "Thaksin Thinks, PTP Acts !", rather than "Yingluck Thinks, PTP Acts !", are the party-members then insulting women with their political-creed ? rolleyes.gif

Which of the above constitute "chaos and unrest"?

I love the "Give me freedom or give me death" brigade if only for amusement, but most people will choose limitations to freedom if it removes the threat of violence and being killed for opposing a criminal regime.

so you mean to say that it is 'just like home'. Where was that?

No, the political parties don't have armed militias in Oz.

BTW Thailand is my home.

didn't know Oz was a ictatorship.

btw, I talked about where you grew up, not where your home is now.

But you seem perfectly comfortable living like this, so good luck to you. For my part, I hope the future holds more for Thai people than on-going, cyclical denial of self-governance and suppression of human rights.

It seems there is much you don't know. My hopes for my Thai family are that they will no longer be impoverished by criminal politicians like those of the Shinawatra regimes, that they won't be subject to intimidation by their armed thug supporters, or be exposed the views of ill-informed blow-ins more interested in supposedly sacred rights than the criminal actions of those perverting the Thai electoral system and government.

BTW I don't care where you grew up, or where you live now. And while I have answered your questions, I notice that you ignore mine.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And yet the slogan is "Thaksin Thinks, PTP Acts !", rather than "Yingluck Thinks, PTP Acts !", are the party-members then insulting women with their political-creed ? alt=rolleyes.gif>

Fair comment [for once]. Taksin has the most name recognition in Thailand so it makes sense for any organization to put his name into a necessarily short slogan.

"Who pointed the gun at her?" - If Prayut doesn't know, we've all got problems...

She removed herself from office when she dissolved Parliament. No?

No. That was an olive branch that she didn't have to extend. She effectively neutralized her office (a huge distinction from "removing" herself from it) in an effort to prevent impending bloodshed. She has been the duly elected and constitutionally vindicated prime minister since her election in 2011. The fact a vast number of individuals on this site have virtually no understanding concerning the binding nature of constitutions/elections, political cum societal evolution, and habitually wield visceral hatred against people and circumstances of which they have no first hand knowledge, does not now, nor will it ever, change this fact. This is not our land. The Thai people deserve better. The military did nothing to defend this land's government during a blatant insurrection, demonstrating what even a teabagger/ukipper could apprehend. There will likely never be relief for the Thai "commoner." That is an actual crime, and one of epic proportions.

You make her sound like a heroine. Save your breath, and your time. History will tell you where the likes of Yingluck end up.

With no constitutional basis for either being removed or removing herself from office, she threw herself on her sword with the last avenue available to her; an act that cements her status as a de facto heroine. Remember, you assigned the value to what I wrote. As you no doubt suspect, albeit on a visceral level, once this "situation" rectifies itself, and it eventually will, history will have written a dramatically different narrative than you currently anticipate. What we, the non-Thai interlopers think, will have no bearing on this outcome whatsoever. Societal evolution is a slow and painstaking process that cannot be stopped, only deferred. Rest assured, the people, in the end, will have their day. Khun Yingluck remains the only duly appointed Prime Minister of Thailand as we speak. Ever wonder why that is? Answer: Neither personal opinion, nor military hubris can trump constitutional law.

• Like 2

With no constitutional basis for either being removed or removing herself from office, she threw herself on her sword with the last avenue available to her; an act that cements her status as a de facto heroine. Remember, you assigned the value to what I wrote. As you no doubt suspect, albeit on a visceral level, once this "situation" rectifies itself, and it eventually will, history will have written a dramatically different narrative than you currently anticipate. What we, the non-Thai interlopers think, will have no bearing on this outcome whatsoever. Societal evolution is a slow and painstaking process that cannot be stopped, only deferred. Rest assured, the people, in the end, will have their day. Khun Yingluck remains the only duly appointed Prime Minister of Thailand as we speak. Ever wonder why that is? Answer: Neither personal opinion, nor military hubris can trump constitutional law.

Are you saying that an elected MP is not allowed to resign?

• Like 1

Prime ministers are appointed, not elected. Her party's overwhelming election and subsequent endorsement is tantamount to facing the electorate. If a presidential system were implemented tomorrow, next week or next year, she would win election by a landslide; a fact that even the most inept cannot deny. Yet somehow this escaped our hero and is the easily foreseeable reason why the current "prime minister" finds himself sitting squarely on the "horns of an enema." He has no legally available means to neutralize her, nor can he let her go. While absurd, it does hold a certain comedic value. Way-2-Go, Comandante .

• Like 1

Were I saying that, it would have been clearly stated. To further clarify, she had the unenviable position of maintaining order as best she could in an environment of maliciously orchestrated chaos. She stands as the only person during this debacle that did not effectively abandon their post or constituency. Why would any conscientious leader effectively hand the fate of their citizenry over to the likes of Suthep, willingly?

• Like 2

Prime ministers are appointed, not elected. Her party's overwhelming election and subsequent endorsement is tantamount to facing the electorate. If a presidential system were implemented tomorrow, next week or next year, she would win election by a landslide; a fact that even the most inept cannot deny. Yet somehow this escaped our hero and is the easily foreseeable reason why the current "prime minister" finds himself sitting squarely on the "horns of an enema." He has no legally available means to neutralize her, nor can he let her go. While absurd, it does hold a certain comedic value. Way-2-Go, Comandante .

In Thailand, Prime Ministers are elected in parliament by a majority of elected MPs.

• Like 1

Were I saying that, it would have been clearly stated. To further clarify, she had the unenviable position of maintaining order as best she could in an environment of maliciously orchestrated chaos. She stands as the only person during this debacle that did not effectively abandon their post or constituency. Why would any conscientious leader effectively hand the fate of their citizenry over to the likes of Suthep, willingly?

You said "With no constitutional basis for either being removed or removing herself from office,"

That would imply that she couldn't resign.

"..........the current "prime minister" finds himself sitting squarely on the "horns of an enema."

That sounds quite painful for the PM.

I can understand the horns of a dilemma but enemas are what the PM is applying to the Royal Thai Police. A bit of a flush out I believe.

• Like 1

Your observations are exactly correct -

• Like 1