Pattaya: Where to renew my artificial denture (up&down)

Jack Mountain

Dental insurance is not normal so best you check your coverage first - do not believe any would have relationships with western insurance directly - but if you only require receipts believe most will be able to provide them and perhaps a medical certificate to explain what work was done.

Had a very nice one done at "Pattaya Dentist" on the south side of Pattaya Tai near Thong Dee gold shop. They can print out a decent invoice that was accepted by my US insurer for reimbursement.

If you want a medical certificate and western style hospital invoice, the dental department at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya does excellent work and I've never had a problem getting reimbursed by my insurer for medical or dental services from them, but as someone else said, you should check with your insurer first. Only they can tell you if they will or not accept invoice or receipt from a dentist here.

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/healthcare-en/dental-cosmetic-and-implant-center-en/partial-denture.html

If you want payment to be arranged directly between hospital and insurance company you'll need to contact BHP insurance people. I think you'll do better to pay for the service and then ask the insurer to reimburse you.

More details here: https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/patient-services-en/health-insurance-en.html

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

as i understand it only costs about 8k Bhat but the lab they use is not very good at getting size right

Who is the "they" you're talking about? Several dentists have been mentioned above.

I had a partial done at Pattaya Dentist and after a short time getting used to it I no longer am even conscious that it's there. Perfect fit and perfect match in appearance.

Edited by Suradit69

as i understand it only costs about 8k Bhat but the lab they use is not very good at getting size right

Who is the "they" you're talking about? Several dentists have been mentioned above.

I had a partial done at Pattaya Dentist and after a short time getting used to it I no longer am even conscious that it's there. Perfect fit and perfect match in appearance.

So you are of the impression that dentures are made on the dentists premises, in fact to educate you, they are made from molds supplied by a dentist at one of 2 labs in Pattaya

Sri Racha hospital, Excellent Female dentists, ten surgeries, Had broken crown root extracted , and new partial denture to encompass lost crown. Absolutely painless, and constant concern and asking if I had pain or discomfort. Needed time for gum to heal before taking impression, and denture fitted perfect.

• Like 1

So you are of the impression that dentures are made on the dentists premises, in fact to educate you, they are made from molds supplied by a dentist at one of 2 labs in Pattaya

"So you are of the impression that dentures are made on the dentists premises, in fact to educate you ...:

Thanks for the condescending response. I don't need your education or speculation on my impressions.

I realize they send out the work to labs and the lab used by my dentist did a great job with the partial. Some larger dental practices do their own lab work.

an in-house dental laboratory to deliver dental prosthesis on-time and to our exacting quality control

http://www.pidcdental.com/about-us

You said: "but the lab they use"

So my question to you was who is "they?"

and: "as i understand it only costs about 8k Bhat"

Which sounds like you don't have first hand experience. I do.

My experience with lab work done through Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and Pattaya Dentist has been very good for the partial denture and for many crowns and bridges. Even before I stayed here full time I would often have dental work done here because the price, the dental work, and the lab work was and is quite good. As good or better than I've had done (including lab work) in the west, but far cheaper.

Or maybe you mean "they" is everyone in Thailand.

Edited by Suradit69