Seeking advice for small business start-up in Pattaya

Zero percent on jet skis your having a laugh !smile.png

This year I brought into thailand a small inflatable quicksilver , and a 5 hp mercury outboard cost me on uk ebay

about 20.000 baht and customs wanted 22,000 after a few phone calls got it down to 15.000 sti crazy price for5 year old boat and 15 year old engine but I was kinda expecting that

how the so called customs can drop the import duty price in a phone call !!!!!

You have to remember your not in the us or uk dealing with normal customs

Here they do what they want I suspect my boat never had any customs paper work

corruption

my advise dont import anything !!!!!

You should try changing Customs brokers if that's the case. My broker imports 12 boats a month for his personal business and pays 7% VAT and that's it. My last import was an aircraft which he negotiated the VAT down to 4%, rather than the usual 7%. I have 2 used jet skis arriving next month....he figured 7% on a declared value of 50% of actual cost.

I was looking for actual, real life feedback from business owners. I'm not sure the background of you guys but you don't come across as particularly successful. Let me guess....old, fat, bald, met your wife on a barfine, living here on a pension?

So your customs broker who you admit pays the fixed VAT of 7% himself on imports managed to negotiate that same fixed 7% VAT due on your aircraft down to 4%.

You are talking complete bullshite.

this poster should be able to outline the actual procedure on importing an aircraft into Thailand and how long it took and which government departments are involved as one can't just import and aircraft into Thailand and "pay the vat"

He will reply he has no idea as the broker did it all for him (as well as the negotiated VAT)....

Same will apply to the 2 jet ski's that are arriving next month.... this time the VAT is 7%.............

Hmmmmm.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This year I brought into thailand a small inflatable quicksilver , and a 5 hp mercury outboard cost me on uk ebay

about 20.000 baht and customs wanted 22,000 after a few phone calls got it down to 15.000 sti crazy price for5 year old boat and 15 year old engine but I was kinda expecting that

corruption

You should try changing Customs brokers if that's the case. My broker imports 12 boats a month for his personal business and pays 7% VAT and that's it. My last import was an aircraft which he negotiated the VAT down to 4%, rather than the usual 7%. I have 2 used jet skis arriving next month....he figured 7% on a declared value of 50% of actual cost.

I was looking for actual, real life feedback from business owners. I'm not sure the background of you guys but you don't come across as particularly successful. Let me guess....old, fat, bald, met your wife on a barfine, living here on a pension?

It seems you have it all worked out mate,do it and prove everyone here wrong.

You are the man. For sure.

Get cracking with them imports don't be wasting time on here.

And anyone who imports 12 boats every month is a winner,so you are in good company.

Why dont you bring more aircraft too,there is a small airfield in Pattaya.

get that business started immediatley

I don't think the OP is a troll, I think he has landed in Pattaya been given the goo goo eyes by a local lady, now he is desperately trying to find a way of making a living in Thailand

Ah ha! That's why he's cleverly recognized the market for 'high quality services'... in Pattaya.

But if he's not a troll there must be a common trait shared by many: they have few posts and come out of nowhere to ask questions the answers to which they will only listen if it's what they want to hear, ignoring all good advice and becoming aggressive in their replies until they eventually get banned for being a nuisance. So maybe they don't do it on purpose and it's just something to do with the gene pool.

• Like 2

corruption

So your customs broker who you admit pays the fixed VAT of 7% himself on imports managed to negotiate that same fixed 7% VAT due on your aircraft down to 4%.

this poster should be able to outline the actual procedure on importing an aircraft into Thailand and how long it took and which government departments are involved as one can't just import and aircraft into Thailand and "pay the vat"

He will reply he has no idea as the broker did it all for him (as well as the negotiated VAT)....

Same will apply to the 2 jet ski's that are arriving next month.... this time the VAT is 7%.............

Hmmmmm.

Agreed seeing as broker cannot do everything for him ;) if he imported an aircraft he would know what documents in addition to the import paper work that would be needed

So I am calling a Walt on this op

corruption

Ah, what would you like to know? Airplane is sitting in SriRacha right now. CAB is who you deal with; want a contact number? The only tax owing is VAT. 7% on the "declared value". Simple. Not sure where the confusion is.

I don't think the OP is a troll, I think he has landed in Pattaya been given the goo goo eyes by a local lady, now he is desperately trying to find a way of making a living in Thailand

Ah ha! That's why he's cleverly recognized the market for 'high quality services'... in Pattaya.

But if he's not a troll there must be a common trait shared by many: they have few posts and come out of nowhere to ask questions the answers to which they will only listen if it's what they want to hear, ignoring all good advice and becoming aggressive in their replies until they eventually get banned for being a nuisance. So maybe they don't do it on purpose and it's just something to do with the gene pool.

Over years there have been plenty of Delboys on TV, arrive on the banana boat from farangistan and think they know it all and do get really aggressive when they are called on their BS, most notable to me was a poster who stated he had just got a job as a project manager on a project in Maptuphut, was called on it by guys who actually work in the area and if memory serves it had been completed years before and he got his info from the web and it was proved conclusively the poster was BSing and poster started threatening physical violence to other members

• Like 2

corruption

Ah, what would you like to know? Airplane is sitting in SriRacha right now. CAB is who you deal with; want a contact number? The only tax owing is VAT. 7% on the "declared value". Simple. Not sure where the confusion is.

What else needs to be done before the aircraft is imported ? You can't just bring an aircraft into Thailand and no the customs agent can't do this for you...? If you had truely imported an aircraft you would know, the import duty is only a small part of the process

Over years there have been plenty of Delboys on TV, arrive on the banana boat from farangistan and think they know it all and do get really aggressive when they are called on their BS, most notable to me was a poster who stated he had just got a job as a project manager on a project in Maptuphut, was called on it by guys who actually work in the area and if memory serves it had been completed years before and he got his info from the web and it was proved conclusively the poster was BSing and poster started threatening physical violence to other members

No threatening here.....just looking for advice from experienced business owners. Fat, old retirees on pensions continue to insist on replying here....and there just seems to be no way to shut them up. No lies either....the funny thing is that when some posters find out the "troll" guy is actually telling the truth, they then tend to become very aggressive themselves.

If I knew it all, I wouldn't be asking for advice. But to discount someone's idea without offering another suggestion or alternative is a complete waste of time. I thought a jet ski sales and service centre modelled after the type of dealership you find in America would be very well received. Obviously, it provokes anger and ridicule but then again, pensioners aren't my market anyways. They're too old to even be able to get out on the water.

Hopefully someone successful can share some ideas here......

corruption

What else needs to be done before the aircraft is imported ? You can't just bring an aircraft into Thailand and no the customs agent can't do this for you...? If you had truely imported an aircraft you would know, the import duty is only a small part of the process

Go to SriRacha tomorrow and look at the yellow biplane. Its mine. The one in the hangar. Then shut your mouth. And yes, its worth a lot of money. CAB does the registration; just waiting my place in the queue. Anything else?

No threatening here.....just looking for advice from experienced business owners. Fat, old retirees on pensions continue to insist on replying here....and there just seems to be no way to shut them up. No lies either....the funny thing is that when some posters find out the "troll" guy is actually telling the truth, they then tend to become very aggressive themselves.

If I knew it all, I wouldn't be asking for advice. But to discount someone's idea without offering another suggestion or alternative is a complete waste of time. I thought a jet ski sales and service centre modelled after the type of dealership you find in America would be very well received. Obviously, it provokes anger and ridicule but then again, pensioners aren't my market anyways. They're too old to even be able to get out on the water.

Hopefully someone successful can share some ideas here......

Well I am neither fat, old or pensioner, so got that bit wrong slick

so the VAT on the aircraft was 4% or 7% ?

• Like 1

corruption

Go to SriRacha tomorrow and look at the yellow biplane. Its mine. The one in the hangar. Then shut your mouth. And yes, its worth a lot of money. CAB does the registration; just waiting my place in the queue. Anything else?

Really so once again what other government departments are involved in the importation of a private aircraft and what other document's are needed? You should know this as the owner

And what is the physical address of the hanger in srichai ?

Edited by Soutpeel

Obviously, it provokes anger and ridicule but then again, pensioners aren't my market anyways. They're too old to even be able to get out on the water.

100% troll.

• Like 1

I wondering how the plane got out of bonded customs store and put into a hanger without the VAT being paid, customs are a tad picky on details like this, and the OP as the owner doesn't know what other documents are required from various government departments which a pertinent to the importation of a private aircraft

corruption

Really so once again what other government departments are involved in the importation of a private aircraft and what other document's are needed? You should know this as the owner

https://www.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en&q=sri+racha+aviation&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=keV1VPK9J8uhNo-VgegN&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg

Happy? Is there anything else you need? A guided tour? Oh no, the troll is telling the truth. So there was no troll, was there?

corruption

https://www.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en&q=sri+racha+aviation&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=keV1VPK9J8uhNo-VgegN&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg

Happy? Is there anything else you need? A guided tour? Oh no, the troll is telling the truth. So there was no troll, was there?

And ? I can search on google maps was well :blink:

Still waiting on what government departments and documents that would be required to import a private aircraft into Thailand

I wondering how the plane got out of bonded customs store and put into a hanger without the VAT being paid, customs are a tad picky on details like this, and the OP as the owner doesn't know what other documents are required from various government departments which a pertinent to the importation of a private aircraft

VAT was paid...7% on the "declared value". Posted twice already but some people are slow or just stupid; not sure which. Only one department to deal with; CAB off Rama IV. Documents required; import C of A, logbooks, license....already supplied to them. You really believe I'm lying? For what? I have nothing to prove; just looking for a viable business to start in Pattaya next year, and thought jet skis would work.

Sure a touchy subject for some reason. Are scooter or mountain bike rentals also this sensitive? Jesus H Christ, you'd think I was proposing peddling drugs or pimping girls from a bar or something.

corruption

And ? I can search on google maps was well blink.png

Still waiting on what government departments and documents that would be required to import a private aircraft into Thailand

If you can search on google maps, then why in the hell did you ask for the physical address? Are you a complete jackass????? SriRacha turnoff, 2 kms to the airport. There's only one airport. No one ever just give you a solid shot to the side of the head?

VAT was paid...7% on the "declared value". Posted twice already but some people are slow or just stupid; not sure which. Only one department to deal with; CAB off Rama IV. Documents required; import C of A, logbooks, license....already supplied to them. You really believe I'm lying? For what? I have nothing to prove; just looking for a viable business to start in Pattaya next year, and thought jet skis would work.

Sure a touchy subject for some reason. Are scooter or mountain bike rentals also this sensitive? Jesus H Christ, you'd think I was proposing peddling drugs or pimping girls from a bar or something.

Pity you stated in another earlier post the VAT was negotiated down to 4 % from 7 % and BTW a bit more than what you have stated as regards documentation as regards the import of a private aircraft

corruption

And ? I can search on google maps was well blink.png

If you can search on google maps, then why in the hell did you ask for the physical address? Are you a complete jackass????? SriRacha turnoff, 2 kms to the airport. There's only one airport. No one ever just give you a solid shot to the side of the head?

Dear oh dear and so the insults start, you wouldnt be making veiled threats of physical violence would you ?

Ex navy seals, SAS CIA are we ?

Edited by Soutpeel

so which was it.

4% or 7% on that aircraft you imported ?

OP it was really you who was the touchy one, at first requesting only persons who are experienced in business successes or failures in Pattaya to answer, though your last request was actually only for successful businessmen which kinda says a lot about you, though not much more than we've already noted.

But anyway, yes there were replies where folk laughed out loud at your proposal, but if you had any sense you'd have noted why that is. Others were polite. You, on the other hand, have come in here pretty much demanding only those whom you deem worthy will be listened to, whereas all others are open to insults, including their daughters.

You've had reply after reply warning you off this idea and you just reject 4 pages of warnings because in your mind we don't match up to your requirements to qualify. Try being so arrogant to the Thais when they come knocking at your business to face you with something more than incredulity.

Instead of being so bloody-minded, if you are serious about making some kind of business here why not adapt to what is being said to you and see if there are any other more feasible ideas you could use?

-

PS. The expat community in Thailand can be rather unforgiving and this forum is a reflection of that. If you can't take a step back from your emotional reactions or eat some humble pie it'll be more than business you'll be failing in in Thailand.

Your topic can easily be turned around but as they so often say here: it's up to you....

Edited by Squeegee

Maybe part of the problem is the posters with 17,000 posts that do nothing to try and help newcomers with positive suggestions. They criticize, insult and put down someone simply asking for some real feedback. To say jet skis are mafia controlled, you will be klled and so on, but then present no solid proof or offer a better suggestion is just wasting everyones' time.

Then people start accusing me of lying. I prove them completely wrong, but then no apologies, no saying they were wrong; they just remain silent.

You want a forum to help each other out or just a website where old, bored guys make thousands of useless quips and ridicules?

My last business, I was laughed at and the joke of the town. Told I wouldn't last a year; how to make $1 million in aviation? Start with $2 million....and so on. Then my competitors began telling me to "just <deleted> off and die" after the 2nd year.....by the 10th year, I sold out and had the last laugh.

Pattaya to me is the same show with just different players. Same jokes, insults, whatever...made my average, boring guys that never had the guts to risk anything their whole lives. You see these "mafia" jet ski guys here? No new ideas, branding, image, nothing.... so maybe jet skis don't work out and I expand into sportbikes, office furniture, or a bakery...at least I gave it a shot and tried my best instead of sitting on a bar stool waiting to die. Now that is truly sad.

corruption

Hi all,

As a newbie this topic has had me in stitches, what a plonker, asked for advice then abused you hmmmm.

At least you will know who he is if a new "daily rental jet ski business" in pattaya opens lol, bald, fat, ugly what a way to start a new venture and make friends.....

Bet the aircraft was remote controlled lol

haha

This one is awesome great posts guys

Few things..

You may want to check the import duty tarriffs for Jet Ski's..

Also the Jet Ski business is allegedly mafia controlled with co-operation of the police.

Will you get a permit to operate the business?

It is an industry that has such a bad reputation that on many beaches it is banned, Pattaya could follow suit.

AND The rules are, you have to have Thai partners or Directors, they own 51%

AND The Thai people have to be given access to the bank account.

AND you would be mad to go into THAT business in Thailand

Thanks, appreciate the insight. And what business venture have you been successful at in Pattaya? Yeah, I thought so..... I asked for advice from successful business operators, not retirees....sorry....sad.png

For what its worth since 2004 I have owned (as far as Thai Law allows) and run a successfull buisiness covering all of Thailand. I suggest you start taking in the fact that your idea is at best naive .

You need to start listening to the advice you asked for or stop asking for advice if you dont want to listen to opinions that go against you.

People would not be repeating the same thing over and over again if it had no value.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The only advice I received was don't do it. Was that the same advice you were given? If so, why did you continue on? If jet skis are such a bad idea, what business idea would you feel has a good opportunity for Pattaya?

Relining wagon brakes and making coffins?