Not posted for years - What's your reasons ?

esprit

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OP, if this forum is not "becoming more and more policed" then it would be closed and nobody including you could ever post anything.

Those who were not about in the early days -- 02-05 -- won't really know what he's talking about. There was good banter back then, even from the top, without the over-censoring and the rest of it. But I agree, as it has become more popular and in the limelight somewhat, it has had to tow the line to satisfy Thailand's stringent laws and the heavy sponsorship.

In reply to the op, I'd say if people haven't posted in years they may find it all a bit staid to what it was. There were many cracking niks that are no longer with us, banned or bored. I personally go through spells.

Because after the first couple of posts in a thread, the thread always seem to change to a backbiting between posters rather than staying on the post subject.

It's got better of late, but I do agree. I can't understand why anyone would want to be on the internet all day bashing the hell out of someone else they don't know and have never met.

Should be an opportunity to improve each others quality of life, rather than the usual . . . . coffee1.gif

I've been posting Lanna T'ai history topics on the Chiang Mai Forum for several years.

It's for my own satisfaction in sharing information about a subject that has been an abiding interest for a long time now.

There are some members who respond with intelligent replies, but not too many. The preoccupation of most seems to be food topics and where to get the goods and services that they enjoyed in their home countries.

Those topics can be quite useful at times, even for the old-timers who went native years ago.

Edited by CMHomeboy78

They don't have access to the internet in prison .... smile.png

How many TV members have done time in a Thai slammer... and what have their experiences been like?

That would be an excellent topic. Anyone?

Give Stardust a search.

Thanks for that link to the Udon Thani Forum - very interesting.

There must be a lot of Thai prison stories out there that would be a welcome change from the banality or downright idiocy of so much of the usual fare.

to post or not, that is the question,

maybe a comment or just a suggestion

You need thick skin to post on this forum

according to some there is no decorum

Some like to flame, to bicker and moan

others get angry, they don't like your tone.

I do not care, let them do what they will

The bashers and haters can all have their fill

For life is a pleasure that's there to be had

especially if your blind to the bad!

thumbsup.gif

How many TV members have done time in a Thai slammer... and what have their experiences been like?

I agree, that would be an excellent topic, if no one starts that topic in the next week or so, maybe I'll have a go myself.

I agree, that would be an excellent topic, if no one starts that topic in the next week or so, maybe I'll have a go myself.

Go for it... I'll read it with interest.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of response - anecdotal if not first-person.

Why Not Post?...Because ages ago, you could log into TVF and have a laugh, and I mean a good laugh.

Now?...When you have a member obsessed with being a moderator,(who isnt yet thank god), who spends all day stalking members profile and waiting for them to not agree with everything he posts, then uses links (attached) to criticise you....Why would anyone stay interested?...and he posts he lives here, but in truth he maybe spends 3 weeks a year here. Probably the most false person I have had the displeasure to be associated with. Dangerous to this forum and it's future.

I joined after reading TVF for a long time, when the banter and genuine info was free flowing...geez there were some funny, informative people then.

Thats my opinion of why the older members dont post anymore...

Between the forum rules and the country rules, there are just not enough decent topics left

Sorry I cannot spend days wondering how many mammals can be milked by some strange Greek man.

No need to wonder, just ask him.

Why Not Post?...Because ages ago, you could log into TVF and have a laugh, and I mean a good laugh.

Now?...When you have a member obsessed with being a moderator,(who isnt yet thank god), who spends all day stalking members profile and waiting for them to not agree with everything he posts, then uses links (attached) to criticise you....Why would anyone stay interested?...and he posts he lives here, but in truth he maybe spends 3 weeks a year here. Probably the most false person I have had the displeasure to be associated with. Dangerous to this forum and it's future.

I joined after reading TVF for a long time, when the banter and genuine info was free flowing...geez there were some funny, informative people then.

Genuine info.....hmmm...interesting...i like that 1.

We have one almost like that in the CR forum.

Edited by rijb

• 1 month later...

I find it aggravating how the board is over moderated and too many post are removed, moved or censored. Seriously, you are reading a ost and all of a sudden it is deleted, post disappear and you are like what does he mean? No one said anything about that, but they did it was removed.

the board has a reputation of catering to the chosen few, not to the masses.

Just my 2 cents, you asked.

Its not a perfect world s it?

TV is also not perfect but its still a great place for me to vent when feeling a bit frustrated with the Thai culture or the army of "crackpot drivers" and when especially "neversaydie" has a go at someone or Mrs Toad makes an occasional snide remark.

Having said that about the two posters and many more like them I still dont think that they are as malicious and sarcastic as they occasionally sound

Its not a private members club though and thereby democracy does not exist.

It is a business and the Troll, flamers and bored keyboard warriors are an essential part of its success.

Having said that, you may remember the old "Labour or Conservative clubs" back in the UK decades ago they were exactly the same as TV, very popular and successful until those old timers like me did not utilise them anymore and the need for them passed away simply because there were no newbies to take the places of those who from a natural wastage point of view did not go to them anymore

It could be that if there is a continued deterioration in the numbers of foreigners coming to Thailand to retire or indulge their passions then TV will go the same way as the old Conservative, Labour and Liberal clubs in the UK.

Personally I enjoy my time on TV and also get great stimulation from reading the posts, comments of other oddbods who basically are on the forum for the same reason as myself.

TV is as it is, the post power of any individual or indeed group will not influence the Accountants who are now in charge of TV

Its the same in many other successful businesses, the accountants take over and that usually means that the business will go from one form to another and that as we occasionally witness can be detrimental to the interests of Ha, Ha, the "Membership"

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

Edited by n210mp

Was too busy to post for a long time but while on vacation I catch up and sometimes get overly excited by comments then I have to back off before catching a warning. The moderator was right in the end though. Type and have fun, spread your knowledge, then when its not fun any longer give her a rest.

Nowadays a high proportion of members seem to be on a retirement visa and recently moved to Thailand. They apply the norms, standards and cultures of their home country to news they read about Thailand without understanding why things happen and why they are reported in a certain way here. Being old, they no longer listen to others. Threads get mired in uninformative and uninformed bickering. When I am old, I expect I will no longer listen to others too.

Nowadays a high proportion of members seem to be on a retirement visa and recently moved to Thailand. They apply the norms, standards and cultures of their home country to news they read about Thailand without understanding why things happen and why they are reported in a certain way here. Being old, they no longer listen to others. Threads get mired in uninformative and uninformed bickering. When I am old, I expect I will no longer listen to others too.

Perceptive and concise post.

It is not so much age as it is their ignorance and arrogance. Most of them have spent their lives stuck in mind-numbing jobs. They could have retired anywhere - Mexico, Costa Rica, Ecuador, or a number of other places. It's all one to them.

We have one almost like that in the CR forum.

There're a couple in the Visa forum ... coffee1.gif

I just put one up two weeks ago, and it turned out very interesting.

Knocked that for 6!