Latin America as new potential market for Thai business and investment

webfact

Latin America as new potential market for Thai business and investment

BANGKOK, 26 Nov 2014, (NNT) - Latin American countries including Brazil, Columbia and Mexico, are new potential markets for Thailand's food products, auto parts and machinery industries.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs today held a seminar called " Thailand's business market: Latin American and Canada" in order to provide and share information on trade and investment opportunities that Thailand obtained during the" Latin Link" scheme-- a visit to four countries in Latin America and Canada by the Ministry and entrepreneurs from the private sector during September 27- October 10 of this year.

The visit was aimed at supporting trade cooperation between the Thai government and the private sector and academic institutions in Latin America, as well as developing trade networks between Thailand and Latin America.

According to Songsak Saicheu, Director-General of Department of American and South Pacific Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the three countries, which are Brazil, Columbia and Mexico are countries with high commercial value, especially Brazil, a new emerging country ranked 7th in the world economy and member of BRICS.

Brazil is one of the major machinery exporters in the world. Pairush Burapachaisri, Vice-Chairman of the Thai Chamber of Commerce, said the Thai Ministry of Energy was ready to cooperate with Brazil in terms of renewable energy such as Ethanol.

The Director-General said that Thailand would pursue cooperation with these countries in developing scientific knowledge and inventing technological devices thanks to their equal levels of development.

The possibility of inventing new technologies and holding patents together is something Thailand's looking forward to, he said. Thailand has been been invited since last year to join, as an observer country, the Pacific Alliance, a Latin American trade bloc with four member states: Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru; which will be held soon.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-26 footer_n.gif

"The possibility of inventing new technologies and holding patents together is something Thailand's looking forward to...."

w00t.gif

when i read this obsenity, i felt also like this w00t.gif then like this facepalm.gif and to finish ...like this cheesy.gif

i hope their spanish look as good as their english to deal with the local who for sure dont speak thai.

i think the guy who wrote this artikel is dreaming.............or........a bit ...burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

"equal levels of developing" ?????????

The PM is allucinating....He forgot that Brazil is part of the BRIC....and its is probaly the richest country in the world in natural resources...even iron, oil and gold...and completely self sufficient. Since 1978, 70% of Brazilian cars, particulary VW, Fiat, Ford and GM, are running in pure sugar cane alcohol ...and Brazil is an oil exporter with the biggest underwater oil reserve in the world..

Edited by umbanda

hope there is some protectionist 307% luxery import tax and a 4 locals to be hired for every thai wanting to work there and a nice start up capital

only 49% ownership for thais

and off course, they cannot buy land ...

now that would be a sweet deal for those latin americans

• Like 2

Mexicans will eat spicy food, but won't eat Thai food, because it's not Mexican food.

Too much pride.

And Colombians won't eat spicy food.

I looked in both modern supermarkets and local markets for chiles there.

Not available, at least in the cities I was in...

Edited by MexicanFarang

Soon they'll run out of continents and countries to dream about as new expanding markets. Then what will the fools brag about next if the economy keeps dropping, especially after tightening the FBA? They're creating a furtile basis for the return of the missunderstood fugitive,ergo, they're digging Thailand's grave.

The mentioned countries manufacture 3X as many cars as Thailand does. They have huge surpluses of oil. They grow food for the US and Canadian markets because they have a warmer climate and can grow some things year-around. They have land Thailand never dreamed of. They have ocean fisheries Thailand never dreamed of.

What in the hell does Thailand have to offer them, and what do any of them have in the way of "technology?"

There are, it seems, daily announcements about what Thailand "plans" to do, but precious little in the way of anything they have done.

• Like 1

The possibility of inventing new technologies and holding patents together is something Thailand's looking forward to ….

Yeah, I'll bet they are, since no one in the course of ThaiVisa's decade-long existence, has ever come up with a single example of anything a Thai has ever invented. Can one patent the bum gun? I don't think so.

But in their favor, there is Thailand's excellent reputation worldwide, of respecting copyrights and intellectual properties.

EDIT: I stand corrected; Siriraj Hospital did invent the cure for Ebola, and started the patent process all by themselves. whistling.gif

Edited by HeijoshinCool

The mentioned countries manufacture 3X as many cars as Thailand does. They have huge surpluses of oil. They grow food for the US and Canadian markets because they have a warmer climate and can grow some things year-around. They have land Thailand never dreamed of. They have ocean fisheries Thailand never dreamed of.

What in the hell does Thailand have to offer them, and what do any of them have in the way of "technology?"

There are, it seems, daily announcements about what Thailand "plans" to do, but precious little in the way of anything they have done.

Everything that has been done in Thailand business wise in the last 30 years, is japanese, farang and protected Thai chinese