Brilliant idea, isn't it ?

Anthony5

This is how the entrance to a major supermarket will look for the near future. Take not the billboard is bolted in the ground, so it isn't just something that was placed there temporarily.

post-222439-0-95817200-1417003139_thumb. post-222439-0-67213500-1417003142_thumb.

To enter might be doable, as you can always climb over the taxis that block the small space left, but with a few shopping bags in hand doing this on exit will be another issue.

Why is it that Thais have always such tremendous ideas how to block a walkway.

In my opinion this particular supermarket doesn't deserve any customs, if they are so stubborn to block the entrance to their own shop.

• Like 1

Can't see anything wrong here.

Plenty of space for you the wife the kids all the relatives and a 100 shopping bags to go through from the left or the right of the billboard.

Will you please stop complaining about everything in this world?

Is it You billboard costas?

Can't see anything wrong here.

Plenty of space for you the wife the kids all the relatives and a 100 shopping bags to go through from the left or the right of the billboard.

Will you please stop complaining about everything in this world?

Sorry to break it for you, but no there is not plenty of space to move through, which you actually can't judge from hundreds of kilometers distance from Pattaya.

There was actually barely enough space for a single person to move through. So only one way at the time.

It may not be very clear from the picture, but that is the situation. Now also take note that this picture was taken around 6pm, so try to imagine a few weeks from now during peak hour.

Edited by Anthony5

Seems to me that under the white coating are barely visible this week's flyer for said....uhhmmm.... supermarket. So grabbing the customer's attention, yea, could be. But there have to be better ways to do that.

I'm not sure if the billboard gone carry the promotion flyer's or something related to the end year holidays, but said supermarket is quite famous for this behavior.

I recall many years ago that the south pattaya branch had their billboards all over the walkway at the entrance, which was also the entrance to the parking lot. So one had to step on the road to get around them, with the risk of getting hit by a car of course.

I emailed them about the issue, and they apologized by email and placed the billboards on higher ground, where there was no safety issue, and they were as visible as before.

After about 3 weeks they placed them back on the footpath. I voted with my feet and swore never to set foot in that branch ever again, which I uphold until today, but at time I was lucky I had the choice of going to Carrefour.

Edited by Anthony5
  • Like 2