Undercoating And Paint Seal

Spaniel

I asked this question once before a while back but didn't get any response so thought I'd try again since we will now be purchasing a CRV when the new model comes out. Is the undercoating and paint seal options that the dealers push worth the money?

I asked this question once before a while back but didn't get any response so thought I'd try again since we will now be purchasing a CRV when the new model comes out. Is the undercoating and paint seal options that the dealers push worth the money?

The answer to your question is Yes" as the cost of both treatments is low. However, undersealing isn't necessary as the car manufacturers apply their own and our cars aren't driven in a corrosive environment i.e. no snow/ice, therfore no salt on the roads in winter.

The paint seal is a useful addition as some finishes/colours are susceptible to degradation by UV light and these paint seals do provide some protection....for a limited time though. The application of underseal does reduce the general noise from the structure of the car and so it is a useful option from that aspect.

But....why pay for these? I have a Mitsubishi G-wagon and my wife has a Honda Civic and both options were given free when we bought the cars. Insist on these being for free...along with other accessories. For example, carpet mats and rubber mats, trunk/boot liner, mudflaps, upgraded audio, window film, upgraded seat covers etc. etc. All of these add up to very little compared with the price of your new car.