What is the best street bike helmet?

Poppy39

Regardless of safety I always wear my full face helmet because of the dirty air that makes my eyes itchy driving around Phukets main roads. Also sand and whatnot in the air are too annoying to go with an open face one here. But I have to admit that an open face one looks the part on a classic bike!

The best helmet is the one that properly fits YOUR head. Try as many as possible until you say wow! That's perfect! But it needs to fit tight.

Then make sure it's from one of the major companies like Shoei, Arai, Bell, AGV etc.

Whatever helmet you opt to purchase, remember to make sure its TISI approved.

If it doesn't carry the TISI sticker then its not managing to meeting the TISI (Thai Industrial Standards Institute) standard for helmets.

Of course Shoei won't be carrying the sticker, but visit Lotus, Big C... their helmets starting at Baht 79 (or is it Baht 150) all meet the TISI standard, or at least they will have a sticker saying they do.

Or you can make your own helmet to TISI standards. All you need is a plastic bowl of the right size, a pair of old underpants folded up and secured inside the bowl with duct tape (wash them first), and two pieces of string to tie it on with. Actually am going to try an open face Bell from an online retailer in England. They have five different shell sizes, so you do not look silly if you have a small head.

Whatever helmet you opt to purchase, remember to make sure its TISI approved.

If it doesn't carry the TISI sticker then its not managing to meeting the TISI (Thai Industrial Standards Institute) standard for helmets.

Of course Shoei won't be carrying the sticker, but visit Lotus, Big C... their helmets starting at Baht 79 (or is it Baht 150) all meet the TISI standard, or at least they will have a sticker saying they do.

Or you can make your own helmet to TISI standards. All you need is a plastic bowl of the right size, a pair of old underpants folded up and secured inside the bowl with duct tape (wash them first), and two pieces of string to tie it on with. Actually am going to try an open face Bell from an online retailer in England. They have five different shell sizes, so you do not look silly if you have a small head.