ISOC condemns militants shooting students in Pattani

webfact

ISOC condemns militants shooting students in Pattani

28-11-2557-14-31-21-wpcf_728x410.jpg

PATTANI: -- The Forward Command of the Internal Security Operation Command today strongly condemned the shooting of two secondary students by Muslim militants in Pattani on Thursday saying it is a savage and barbarian act of the militants ever targeted on innocent people.

The shooting on Highway 42 in Yaring district at about 5 pm yesterday resulted in the death of 17-year-old Suthipong Thongsuwan, and the serious injury of Preechapat Waewchanchayakorn, 17.

Both are M 5 level students of Techapattanayakul school in Yaring district. Both were shot in a drive-by shooting by two men riding in a motorcycle while riding home in Panare district.

Spokesman of the forward command Col Promote Prom-in said the gun attack on innocent people, particularly students, by this extremist militants was savage, barbaric and inhumane act.

It is the act of these non-religious people that must be condemned, and hunted to bring them to justices, he said.

He also said security for Thai Buddism communities in all risk areas will be tightened in maximum as they could become weak targets of such inhumane attack.

Meanwhile Thai Rath says human rights groups Friday condemned the Pattani court’s sentence that handed down death penalty for five militants, saying the punishment would do little to promote peace in the violence-racked south.

The five militants were convicted on Wednesday by the Pattani provincial court for shooting dead four soldiers in July 28, 2013.

They were named as Ismail Daong, Masahadi Methor, Gordae Jatae, Nimuhammud Niseng, and Hisbulloh Buesa.

Human rights activists hit out at the sentences in a region where the Thai military is often accused of acting with impunity, Thai Rath said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/isoc-condemns-militants-shooting-students-pattani

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-28

It's a good thing that certain posters on here have stated that all terrorist attacks stopped after 22 May 2014 !!

Another senseless killing in a volatile region

Just those in BKK by members of the red shirts against protesters. Would be nice if they can stop this too however this is a bit more difficult. One would hope the junta would get more grips on the situation now, though i doubt it. Its not a material or money problem (Brits probably had loads of it back in the IRA days but that did not stop it). Think the only way to win is to give a bit to get peace. Might be hard to swallow but could save lives thought it might set a bad precedent.

• Like 1

They can't Rob, they cannot give any concession to one group who used extreme violence to achieve their aim, and not to another who threatened to do it

I don't know how on earth the PM thinks that the war in the South will be over in 2015 when he's just shipped hundreds of assault rifles into the region for citizens to " protect" themselves.

They can't Rob, they cannot give any concession to one group who used extreme violence to achieve their aim, and not to another who threatened to do it

I don't know how on earth the PM thinks that the war in the South will be over in 2015 when he's just shipped hundreds of assault rifles into the region for citizens to " protect" themselves.

That is the bad precedent I was talking about. Thing is if this was a simple thing to decide I am sure others would have sorted it out long ago.

I doubt this will go away in 1.. 2 10 years. But as you said once you start giving in you might give others idea's. On the other hand just think of the massive loss of live if this goes on an other 10 years. In reality some problems are just hard to solve.

The shooting of school kids is beyond forgiveness.

I would put Thai muslims in the same category as African muslims as far as being 'ruthless' is concerned.

Although the middle east are particularly bad, you rarely hear of them specifically targeting children.

Barbaric at least... insane at best.

But nice to hear according to Prayuth there will be peace in the south within 12 months.

Rust bucket they have been executing and be heading children in Syria and Iraq for months now.

The African Al Shabab mob kidnapped hundreds of female school children.

In Iraq from 2004 - present day children are targeted and killed, you just don't hear about it these days but there's not a week goes by without a child having been targeted and killed as it always on the Int reports we receive

AQIZ/ISIS/Taliban execute kids just as much as they do adults mate

Rust bucket they have been executing and be heading children in Syria and Iraq for months now.

The African Al Shabab mob kidnapped hundreds of female school children.

In Iraq from 2004 - present day children are targeted and killed, you just don't hear about it these days but there's not a week goes by without a child having been targeted and killed as it always on the Int reports we receive

AQIZ/ISIS/Taliban execute kids just as much as they do adults mate

Not trying to be pedantic, but 'execute' infers a legalised killing. The ISOC spokesman got it right "savage, barbaric and inhumane act".

As I've said in the topic alleging RTP involvement with oil smuggling that helps fund the insurgency, they should be charged with treason.

As you know the Muslim insurgency in the Southern Philippines took approx 140,000 lives and 40 years before a peace agreement was reached, let's hope Thailand doesn't go through the same agony.

• Like 1

Don't disagree with what you say although to the ones carrying out these crimes they do believe their acting under laws and legality babes on their interpretation of the Quran.

Whilst many disagree about their deaths seen as acts of martyrdom it all depends on how these executions are conducted that would define their martyr status.

?

• 3 weeks later...

Put gps monitoring devices on people with those kind of names. When something happens, we know who and what and where. There is no escape.

Of course, innocent ones would have to endure this burden, so they should be compensated. And this should run for a year. I'll like to know who would dare cause trouble in this year's time.