Thai parliament sets Yingluck impeachment date

Lite Beer

Meanwhile, did the good general disclose how he was able to amass millions of dollars on his 40k a year general salary? The math simply doesn't add up there. Not even close.

All this is, all it ever is, is one group in power getting rid of their competition.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely." That is the truth. Ask Thaksin why his wealth tripled under the last PTP government.

Apart from that you are completely off topic in trying to bring the generals money into a thread which has nothing to do with it.

If you want to ask about that then start a new thread and stop trying to derail this one.

xofftopic.gif.pagespeed.ic.ifZtFTWxj3.pnofftopic2.gif.pagespeed.ce.kcjFR6YG46.gi

• Like 1

When I read the piece, I first thought it came from RAP (Robert Amsterdam Press), but no, it's from AFP (Agence France-Presse). Even more in recent times it seems AFP is getting its informations straight from the Shins' mighty PR machine, French being my mother tongue, I know AFP for more than a half century, and it remained a 'respectable old lady' for me till I discovered the rubbish they published over Thailand, now I'd call it... (the exact opposite of 'respectable old lady') seeing the partial, biased (des-)information they feel compelled(?) to release! I don't know who their Thai informant(s) is(are), but I know for sure where his(their) 'sympathies' are, or should I say 'allegiance'... Maybe it would be good for 'The Nation' to filter out the trash from AFP, when not for the NCPO to ban the agency pure and simple, until AFP comes to its senses and releases balanced, fair, information, again.

Edited by bangrak
  • Like 1

"This is all part of the attempt by the junta to eliminate the Shinawatras from Thai politics," Pavin Chachavalpongpun, an expert on Thailand"

I'm not an expert, by far, but I could have told you that.

And I wish and hope with all my heart that they will ban them forever, if possible, and not only for 5 years.

.....aftos eesai !!!..........and what is wrong with eradicating a disease......yea, a cancer......dear Pavin...... ???

And this is why I love the current popular government (unless you refer to elections 3 years ago)

They are driving home accountability for corrupt and negligent politicians. Independent agencies would never be able to do that under the previous regime.

I look forward to seeing this woman face accountability (PTP's greatest enemy). To the very end she said "This scheme is beneficial to the farmers" while at the same time those very farmers protested, committed suicide and are in the same financial position they were 15 years ago even after the regime gave them over 1.5 trillion baht with the majority of that money coming over the last 3 years.

I am a donkey farmer, put a carrot tax payers money in front of me and I will chase it forever.

I look forward to her demise.

Interesting quotes from DJJAMIE:

"I look forward to her demise.

May PEACE and reconciliation be with you."

You say you look forward to her demise. Then you close with your signature quote "May PEACE and reconciliation be with you."

HYPOCRISY from you (again). Like most elitists, of whom you are merely a posing member, you want good things for the few, and the rest to bow to your authoritah! I bet you even look like South Park Carmen.

This gets my vote for the "braindead reply to a poster" award for 2014.

• Like 1

How would they neuter the rest of the Shinawatra clan by impeaching Yingluck.

One down, but still a lot to go.

The only ones getting neutered here are the Thai people!!

All to the benefit of the rightwing yellows and their feudal masters with their mighty sponsors!!

Yes the Shins are probably thiefs, but elected thiefs!!

At least let the Thai people have a say in, who is stealing from them!!coffee1.gif

Is your last name McDonald?

Meanwhile, did the good general disclose how he was able to amass millions of dollars on his 40k a year general salary? The math simply doesn't add up there. Not even close.

All this is, all it ever is, is one group in power getting rid of their competition.

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely." That is the truth. Ask Thaksin why his wealth tripled under the last PTP government.

Apart from that you are completely off topic in trying to bring the generals money into a thread which has nothing to do with it.

If you want to ask about that then start a new thread and stop trying to derail this one.

xofftopic.gif.pagespeed.ic.ifZtFTWxj3.pnofftopic2.gif.pagespeed.ce.kcjFR6YG46.gi

Better still Tokay, if you are so concerned about his fortune why not grow a set and ask the Prime Minister himself. I thought you would have known that his current position is PM but it seems you are not as knowledgeable as you would have us believe. You have no idea what he has been able to do over the years, what his family's fortune is. So you know what his yearly salary is? Pray tell, how do you know what he is paid.? What maths are you basing your conclusions on?

I made a hell of a lot of money through a $5000.00 bank loan that I used to start my company back in Australia in 1986, I won't bother you with the details. It took me over 20 years and with the two companies that I ran prior to and sold subsequent to my retirement, what I amassed has enabled me to live a life without constraints, and very, very comfortably. So please, if you have not been as fortunate, and have been unable to create wealth, don't suggest others are not capable of doing so.

Edited by Si Thea01
  • Like 2

Better still Tokay, if you are so concerned about his fortune why not grow a set and ask the Prime Minister himself. I thought you would have known that his current position is PM but it seems you are not as knowledgeable as you would have us believe. You have no idea what he has been able to do over the years, what his family's fortune is. So you know what his yearly salary is? Pray tell, how do you know what he is paid.? What maths are you basing your conclusions on?

I made a hell of a lot of money through a $5000.00 bank loan that I used to start my company back in Australia in 1986, I won't bother you with the details. It took me over 20 years and with the two companies that I ran prior to and sold subsequent to my retirement, what I amassed has enabled me to live a life without constraints, and very, very comfortably. So please, if you have not been as fortunate, and have been unable to create wealth, don't suggest others are not capable of doing so.

Have to agree, have no idea where tokay got this guestimate from but strange that it means my wife earns a lot more than a general doing a normal 5 day week job in an office. By all means tokay, post the reference for your claims on the good generals 40k a year wage or did you get that one like a bad magician that keeps pulling hairs from his ar*e instead of rabbits from his hatw00t.gif

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

what a joke. A policy fails and they want to arrest the PM? Bloody hell, in any country there wouldn't be any politicians left.. Gordon Browne sold all of the UK gold reserves at a knock down price, if that was in Thailand the first coup after that would have him in court, same with the privatization of the Post Office and British Airways. Thailand's answer to neutering democracy - protest, coup, impeachment of all at the behest of the rich sponsors in BKK to kill off any opposition that threatens their place at the trough. No wonder the place and people are so downtrodden Give them an election and then violently remove the elected party from office if the rich elite don't like the result. Keep going until there's nobody left except there lapdogs. You want to stop corruption? Go after the people who have bought the army off for their own greed.

• Like 2

And this is why I love the current popular government (unless you refer to elections 3 years ago)

They are driving home accountability for corrupt and negligent politicians. Independent agencies would never be able to do that under the previous regime.

I look forward to seeing this woman face accountability (PTP's greatest enemy). To the very end she said "This scheme is beneficial to the farmers" while at the same time those very farmers protested, committed suicide and are in the same financial position they were 15 years ago even after the regime gave them over 1.5 trillion baht with the majority of that money coming over the last 3 years.

I am a donkey farmer, put a carrot tax payers money in front of me and I will chase it forever.

I look forward to her demise.

Interesting quotes from DJJAMIE:

"I look forward to her demise.

May PEACE and reconciliation be with you."

You say you look forward to her demise. Then you close with your signature quote "May PEACE and reconciliation be with you."

HYPOCRISY from you (again). Like most elitists, of whom you are merely a posing member, you want good things for the few, and the rest to bow to your authoritah! I bet you even look like South Park Carmen.

This gets my vote for the "braindead reply to a poster" award for 2014.

I think it is a wonderful reply because it gives me the opportunity to extrapolate:

I do look forward to a criminals demise. This poster has shown inadvertently through his comments that the criminal element is so well entrenched into the PTP ethos that reconciliation can never be achieved unless the criminal element, ergo the PTP, are absolved of their crimes. That is not the case.

Peace and reconciliation does not mean amnesty for criminals. I look forward to all criminals demise as does the majority of Thailand and as does the majority of the global population. Through the rule of law and accountability (the PTP's greatest enemy) peace and reconciliation will be achieved.

If, of course, you are a criminal then reconciliation will only be achieved if your criminal friends are absolved. Not being a criminal myself however I strongly support reconciliation without absolving criminals.

Criminals always associate reconciliation with absolution of criminal activity.

Thank you very much Fangferang for highlighting this.

Edited by djjamie

Please read the following very carefully:

Any discussion of the Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Monarchy.

Those comments can be found here: NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING IN THAILAND NEWS

Also as per forum rule 1:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

Discussion of the Lese Majeste law or Lese Majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

Apologies for the bold font, without the usage of bold fonts, some members still cannot seem to understand the message.

Did our dear PM and former general actually care???? No....

This case is just becoming nothing more than "news fodder" which will just make some headlines for spectators, and will be dropped sooner or later due to lack of evidence in order to save some of the opposition's face

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"The opening of impeachment set on January 9 at 10am and I think the whole process will take about 30 days,"

Dollars to dough-nuts she gets more extensions and the whole thing drags into 2016 without a resolution.

One can only hope! As the election is now set for FEB 2016 perhaps an elected body can decide if impeachment is in order, instead of a group installed by the military rolleyes.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"The opening of impeachment set on January 9 at 10am and I think the whole process will take about 30 days,"

Dollars to dough-nuts she gets more extensions and the whole thing drags into 2016 without a resolution.

One can only hope! As the election is now set for FEB 2016 perhaps an elected body can decide if impeachment is in order, instead of a group installed by the military rolleyes.gif

It's just a 'slap on the wrist' and the maximum penalty is a fine of Bt. 10,000 (the cost of a pair of Burberry boots) and five years ban from politics. She should like that part because she would be beyond the clutches of her brother who directed all her speech and behavior during her tenure as PM.. Being PM was giving her wrinkles 'big time', and I feel strongly that she never wanted to sacrifice her looks and what remains of her youth. Everybody knows that it was family ties/tradition that made it impossible for her to say no to 'elder brother'; especially a very influential/powerful brother who badly needed her to front for him. Everybody who knows about conservative Thai culture, knows that the only reason she didn't actually chair any of the Rice Support Scheme meetings, that she was the committee Chairman of, was because her brother told her not to. We can't punish Ms Yingluck for the Bt. 700 BILLION direct loss to the public coffers and 90% of the rice, that they have to show for their investment, is substandard and that loss will take 50 years to pay off. It would be morally wrong to punish Ms Yingluck for the crimes of her brother. She was a forced participant/non-participant in this; a virtual hostage. Taking it out on her when it is her brother to blame would be very wrong in many ways. If that happens, Yingluck becomes the Scapegoat; sacrificed for the forgiveness of Thaksin's sins (and of course, he gets to keep the money). Yingluck would become a martyr. No, the Junta won't even try to prosecute Ms Yingluck for anything that had real punishment connected to it. That way, there is no chance of her becoming a martyr.

Back to Ms Yingluck upcoming trial/hearing: She is facing the most minor of penalties, being censured publicly, for the damage she's caused. Get a new perspective. Quit feeling like she is being unfairly persecuted. Keeping reading the above paragraph and then reading the maximum penalty over and over until you realize she is getting off incredibly light.

This is the equivalent of a verbal and public 'slap on the wrist'.

As the election is now set for FEB 2016

The election is not 'set' for Feb 2016. That date was announced as the 'earliest' that elections can be held. When someone says 'earliest' one must ask, "what is the latest?".

election is now set for FEB 2016 perhaps an elected body can decide if impeachment is in order, instead of a group installed by the military

You give Ms Yingluck's lawyers too much credit to think they can string this out until 2016. Since the NLA is an appointed body, we can assume a censure of Ms Yingluck. Don't worry, Ms Yingluck's five-year ban should just be ending about the time the Junta hands the government back to the politicians. She will be more mature, less worried about wrinkles, and she already has PM experience now. I see good prospects for her if she wants a political life some time after five years from now.

Edited by rametindallas

what a joke. A policy fails and they want to arrest the PM? Bloody hell, in any country there wouldn't be any politicians left.. Gordon Browne sold all of the UK gold reserves at a knock down price, if that was in Thailand the first coup after that would have him in court, same with the privatization of the Post Office and British Airways. Thailand's answer to neutering democracy - protest, coup, impeachment of all at the behest of the rich sponsors in BKK to kill off any opposition that threatens their place at the trough. No wonder the place and people are so downtrodden Give them an election and then violently remove the elected party from office if the rich elite don't like the result. Keep going until there's nobody left except there lapdogs. You want to stop corruption? Go after the people who have bought the army off for their own greed.

Seems like some people cannot handle the fact that even people like Yingluck are "sometimes" held accountable for their sins.

......................."and then violently remove the elected party from office".................................

Oh really ? The last two military coups have been bloodless coups, so they could not have been too violent. No, what I regard as being violent is quite different, like the actions of the redshirts killing innocent children and anti-government protesters. Which is one of the many reasons the military stepped in when it did.

Couldn't agree with you more. At least you do not generalise and write factually. I think we are both aware of the failings on either side but we'd better be careful in not agreeing with him or like minded people. He might well indicate that you have made a paranoid statement, like he accused me of in another post. If you are not like minded, call other peoples posts into question because they make non-factual statements, he lets fly.

He is one eyed and should you dare question him, or some one he allegedly does not know but defends because they think the same, then watch out. It appears he has a habit of not reading posts fully, or if he does, then when he answers, he is very selective in his answers and only replies to parts that are relevant to his slant on the matter, not the overall subject. I await his tirade with baited breath but like last occasion, he might not read all, as he has a life, yet takes it upon himself t and finds time to answer without the full facts.

When I read the piece, I first thought it came from RAP (Robert Amsterdam Press), but no, it's from AFP (Agence France-Presse). Even more in recent times it seems AFP is getting its informations straight from the Shins' mighty PR machine, French being my mother tongue, I know AFP for more than a half century, and it remained a 'respectable old lady' for me till I discovered the rubbish they published over Thailand, now I'd call it... (the exact opposite of 'respectable old lady') seeing the partial, biased (des-)information they feel compelled(?) to release! I don't know who their Thai informant(s) is(are), but I know for sure where his(their) 'sympathies' are, or should I say 'allegiance'... Maybe it would be good for 'The Nation' to filter out the trash from AFP, when not for the NCPO to ban the agency pure and simple, until AFP comes to its senses and releases balanced, fair, information, again.

I think the newspapers are more profit oriented than facts driven. Publishing a pre-written press release as a 'news' story can be a lucrative income stream for a newspaper. They probably charge extra when they sell/rent their soul.

• Like 1

How would they neuter the rest of the Shinawatra clan by impeaching Yingluck.

One down, but still a lot to go.

The only ones getting neutered here are the Thai people!!

All to the benefit of the rightwing yellows and their feudal masters with their mighty sponsors!!

At least let the Thai people have a say in, who is stealing from them!!coffee1.gif

Uh, well, all right, then. That makes it different. Uh, we'll just, uh, overlook the 700 BILLION Baht loss to the country that will take fifty years to pay off and all the people have to show for it, is rice that is 90% substandard. After all, they were elected thiefs!!

Edited by rametindallas
  • Like 2

I think the newspapers are more profit oriented than facts driven. Publishing a pre-written press release as a 'news' story can be a lucrative income stream for a newspaper. They probably charge extra when they sell/rent their soul.

I agree with bangrak 100% regarding his opinion on that red rag (Agence France-Presse) especially the part about them getting their (mis)information from the Shin PR machine.

I first became aware AFP was publishing lies when I read an article by that well known red flavored bs artist Bangkok Pundit in an Asian Correspondent article. (link posted on TVF recently by that well known resident troll who loves to post dodgy links)

Seems Bangkok Pundit was using information found on AFP to support his argument so I knew then something was rotten in Denmark. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Seems like some people cannot handle the fact that even people like Yingluck are "sometimes" held accountable for their sins.

......................."and then violently remove the elected party from office".................................

Oh really ? The last two military coups have been bloodless coups, so they could not have been too violent. No, what I regard as being violent is quite different, like the actions of the redshirts killing innocent children and anti-government protesters. Which is one of the many reasons the military stepped in when it did.

She was violently removed from office by the thugs protesting BEFORE the coup. Yes you and I have very different ideas of violence but I think yours is because of colour blindness, redshirts killing innocent children? You're like many others who wear blinkers.. But I digress - as you did. A failed policy in your eyes is a "sin"? Really... Pedos raping young kids is a sin. Murder is a sin. Shagging your neighbour's wife is a sin (according to the bible) but this is the first time I heard about a failed government policy being a sin (or a crime come to that)

Couldn't agree with you more. At least you do not generalise and write factually. I think we are both aware of the failings on either side but we'd better be careful in not agreeing with him or like minded people. He might well indicate that you have made a paranoid statement, like he accused me of in another post. If you are not like minded, call other peoples posts into question because they make non-factual statements, he lets fly.

He is one eyed and should you dare question him, or some one he allegedly does not know but defends because they think the same, then watch out. It appears he has a habit of not reading posts fully, or if he does, then when he answers, he is very selective in his answers and only replies to parts that are relevant to his slant on the matter, not the overall subject. I await his tirade with baited breath but like last occasion, he might not read all, as he has a life, yet takes it upon himself t and finds time to answer without the full facts.

You guys kill me! You have absolutely nothing to say so there's no answer is there? As for your mate suggesting a failed government policy is a sin... You two deserve each other

• Like 1

You guys kill me! You have absolutely nothing to say so there's no answer is there? As for your mate suggesting a failed government policy is a sin... You two deserve each other

Gosh Alwyn. gave Mikemac a serve and now both of us kill you? Your very sedate towards me today, run out of left wing statements or I haven't said any thing that your able to misinterpret, add to or change around to suit your own misgivings? That's a shame. We had nothing to say so there's no answer forthcoming. You sir, are a hypocrite. You didn't post an answer to what Mikemac stated. If that is not answer, then pray tell me what is it?

At least by you responding you have proved a number of things to me. You definitely do not read posts correctly, so you are in need of a reading refresher course. You appear to have trouble in comprehending the written word. No where in Mikemac's post did he say or even intimate that a failed policy was a sin. I thought I read that it was her being accountable for her sins. Read it again Alwyn and then tell me you still get the same interpretation. But no, that wouldn't happen as it does not suit your agenda, does it?

But then If you were able to understand the written word and think logically then you would come up with the correct interpretation to what he wrote. You are very selective, as always, and add things or change things around to suit you view. Also show me where they wanted to arrest her for a failed policy. Cannot and did not happen, no such law.

And your finale, we deserve each other. I'd rather deserve someone who can read, think and is able to see both sides, not like yourself, blinded by your never dying devotion for a government that lied and lied to its people, caused farmers to suicide when they would not pay what was owed and it took the current government to rectify this.

Come on tell me that a woman who oversaw a scheme that lost B700 biliion, yes Alwyn, 700 hundred thousand million baht of the peoples' money, whilst in charge of the scheme; never attended a meeting and is now blaming everyone but herself, had a right to stay in government and continue taking form the goose that laid the golden egg.

I know its a bit long for your attention span but please give us one of your non answers and show others what your are really like, as I've now had something to say. And please note I never said a word in relation to your mental stability as you so stated in respect of myself a few posts back. Remember do we? I do.

Edited by Si Thea01