Stop finding fault, Prayut says

Lite Beer

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Stop finding fault with me! Don't you understand how it works? I say things and you whistle and cheer.

How are we going to do all the things I want to do if everyone else insists on having their own opinion?

If you think anybody can say anything at all, then the country won't survive," he said. They just don't understand, Oh ne Oh my. A little red book telling people what to think and what to say would help.rolleyes.gif

Two post removed. I know it's difficult to actually discuss these issues within the limits of what is acceptable under Thai law but to reiterate what Metisdead has already said . . .

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

This government are a ****** ******* *** ****** and ***** *****, but ******** ********** *****, Yingluck evil, ****** ******, but Thaksin ****** ******.

Two post removed. I know it's difficult to actually discuss these issues within the limits of what is acceptable under Thai law but to reiterate what Metisdead has already said . . .

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

This government are a ****** ******* *** ****** and ***** *****, but ******** ********** *****, Yingluck evil, ****** ******, but Thaksin ****** ******.

Exactly!

"BANGKOK: -- PM says Sommai's claim that poll may not be held till 2016 is just a personal view"

Realisticly my personal view,would be somewhere around 2020,to have half a chance of success!

I think so.

It's all about expectations. If Prayuth had said we're going to be in office for the next political term would have been a much better idea than limiting it to a year.

• Like 1

"How is this a restriction or censorship? Go and read what they wrote. If you think anybody can say anything at all, then the country won't survive," he said.

cannot survive free speech?! wow this country must be more fragile than i thought

there must be some big skeletons out there

Not hard to see this is going no where. An awful lot of posters with questions and no intention of helping Thailand.

Your post is typical of the mentality of many other posters.

Name me one country that has free press. They all have limitations.

Another wasted thread. To the few posters in favor of improving Thailand I apologize.

well, that depends on one's perspective

from my point of view, cheering on a style of government which is not even allowed to be discussed without breaking forum rules is not "intending to help Thailand", but hey, if you think the current government is the best choice for the Thai people, that is up to you.

Since the choice of government in Thailand is not currently 'up to the Thai people', I guess your choice will have to do for a while.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

We keep hearing from some foriegners and Thais that the "coup has done good things for the country". The statement has never been qualified even once. What good has the coup done ? What specific changes does it hope to make ? Upon making those changes, when will elections take place ? Statements like "I am not 100% democractic and not 100% non democratic" are vague and show poor govermance. Foriegners who agree with the coup and who come from representative governments I find most peculiar.

"I come from the UK originally, and the government there certainly does not represent the will of the people.

I think the same can be said of France, possibly Germany, and, it would appear, the USA." Huge statements like this are total rubbish unless you back them up with specific history, relevant websites.

Or you may say: "I come from the UK originally, and it is my hugely insignificant opinion the government there .... Write that and you are less a fool that just making the grandiiose inane unproven opinions you're addicted to.

I come from the UK originally, and the government there certainly does not represent the will of the people.

I think the same can be said of France, possibly Germany, and, it would appear, the USA.

But of course! they are not in power to represent the people,but merely there own kind,they are in power to have a period of legal theft, i.e sell off the peoples assets,at knock down prices,such as the recent UK Post Office sell off! undersold by more than a £ 1 Billion,then the government contracts get shared out,at hyper priced MOD prices,Huge Road Contract etc. When the current round of asset stripping/legal theft has reached fruition,then it's back to blaming the people for all the mistakes of a Government intent on making sure,there will be nothing left for ordinary people! but the rich will be even more wealthy,of that you can be sure! same old same old! nothing changes!

l

Edited by MAJIC

"How is this a restriction or censorship? Go and read what they wrote. If you think anybody can say anything at all, then the country won't survive," he said.

cannot survive free speech?! wow this country must be more fragile than i thought

Not hard to see this is going no where. An awful lot of posters with questions and no intention of helping Thailand.

Another wasted thread. To the few posters in favor of improving Thailand I apologize.

from my point of view, cheering on a style of government which is not even allowed to be discussed without breaking forum rules is not "intending to help Thailand", but hey, if you think the current government is the best choice for the Thai people, that is up to you.

Since the choice of government in Thailand is not currently 'up to the Thai people', I guess your choice will have to do for a while.

Northern Joe taking ownership of helping and improving Thailand. Until a couple of days ago, the junta had managed to move a few umbrellas and deck chairs.

So pardon everyone for getting a little impatient with giving up their democracy so that the army could help and improve Thailand.

umbrellas, deck chairs and happy endings.
  • Like 2

He's not a politician, is he.

Maybe not, but I do believe he is sincere, loyal to the King and Country, and trying to build a better Thailand.

Characteristics which the majority of career politicians, in any country, do not possess.

It is what is required for the role he has chosen, Felipe.

His tantrum displays are worrying, as he has the power to dispose of people that really pi## him off.

Humility would be a great asset for this man. But you can't teach old dogs new tricks.

So far-fetched... (But so typical of the lunacy his opposition swims in.) Who has he "disposed of" so far?

He has the power! For the hard to read?

And even if it were true no one can report on it? It would be seen in current climate as going against the common good of Thailand. So you won't know?

Edited by Chris Lawrence

We keep hearing from some foriegners and Thais that the "coup has done good things for the country". The statement has never been qualified even once. What good has the coup done ? What specific changes does it hope to make ? Upon making those changes, when will elections take place ? Statements like "I am not 100% democractic and not 100% non democratic" are vague and show poor govermance. Foriegners who agree with the coup and who come from representative governments I find most peculiar.

"I come from the UK originally, and the government there certainly does not represent the will of the people.

I think the same can be said of France, possibly Germany, and, it would appear, the USA." Huge statements like this are total rubbish unless you back them up with specific history, relevant websites.

Or you may say: "I come from the UK originally, and it is my hugely insignificant opinion the government there .... Write that and you are less a fool that just making the grandiiose inane unproven opinions you're addicted to.

I come from the UK originally, and the government there certainly does not represent the will of the people.

I think the same can be said of France, possibly Germany, and, it would appear, the USA.

But in April next year the people of the UK will be able to VOTE on their government, as will in due course the people of Germany and France. The people of the USA just have. Thailand?

......................."But in April next year the people of the UK will be able to VOTE on their government, as will in due course the people of Germany and France. The people of the USA just have. Thailand?".................

Does it not matter to you that the Shins have repeatedly disregarded the other principles that make up the state of Democracy ?

As I have said many times before on this forum you Shin supporters harp on about "free and fair elections" because you have nothing else to support your pitiful defense of these criminals. When in fact your one and only argument is not worth 5 baht because bribing voters with cash-for-votes does not make it a free or fair election.

Google "criminal history of the shinawatras", there are 319,000 results for that search, should keep you busy for a while.

You will be shocked by quotes like -

"The current regime ruling over Thailand, led indisputably by unelected dictator, convicted criminal, fugitive, mass murderer, billionaire Thaksin Shinawatra, has for well over a decade been willing collaborators with Western interests. From before becoming prime minister in 2001, and throughout his 2001-2006 rule in office, up to and including today, Thaksin Shinawatra and his political machine have demonstrably served foreign interests, as well as their own, at great and continuous expense of the Thai people. "

• Like 1

..................."from my point of view, cheering on a style of government which is not even allowed to be discussed without breaking forum rules"........................

without breaking forum rules ??????????? Since when did that minor detail bother you ? 99% of your posts are full of anti-junta bs and propaganda, blatant lies and outright insulting regarding their "style of government".

Tell the rice farmers who were finally paid the money owed them, the families of the people who committed suicide because the Shins let them down, and the families of the innocent people murdered by the redshirts, tell them how great Yingluck and co. have been for the people of Thailand.

But do it in person, not from the safe zone of your keyboard, and let me know how you get on.

• Like 1

Well soldier boy you wanted the top job now you have it so you have to take the flack that comes with the job you should know yourself if you are capable of sorting out the political shambles Thailand was with citizens being killed on the street for having political views, one of the reasons for Human Rights Watch this was your idea for the coupe to save the people by being a humanitarian as you allegedly are get the web site back up and running then concentrate on the crazy corruption in the country from top to bottom no exceptions get them locked up confined to barracks or whatever soldiers do for the good of the Thai people, serve them honestly and fair and they won’t complain. No one likes a winger

• Like 1

Maybe not, but I do believe he is sincere, loyal to the King and Country, and trying to build a better Thailand.

Characteristics which the majority of career politicians, in any country, do not possess.

And he has loads.of guns so he took the job.

I want a better thailand, whatever that means.

"We don't want to stay for so long. We just want to unite people in the country," he said.

They may slowly be uniting in a way far from what you envisioned...

I far as I know there has never been a single coherent policy statement defining what "unit people in the country" means. Is it a euphemism for "group think" whereby everyone in the country will agree on how to solve all of the problems? If that is the case and this a condition that has to be met before there is an election, then indeed the country will be waiting a very long time. The General has made some statements about land reform and income disparity, and these are two of the larger problems, and it seemed like there was recognition. But politics is sometimes doing things that one group or another objects to. Giving up some power or economic privilege does not come easily. That being said, it might be useful if there was a definition, a "stake in the ground," of what the vision looks like if the people in the country were united.

It is what is required for the role he has chosen, Felipe.

His tantrum displays are worrying, as he has the power to dispose of people that really pi## him off.

Humility would be a great asset for this man. But you can't teach old dogs new tricks.

I agree with you up to a point Chris, but I also believe the only people who would be worried about the current PM "disposing of" them would be terrorists (reds), bent cops, crooked politicians and ex-politicians from both sides of the fence, and anyone who tries to hinder his efforts to fix the mess the country is in at the moment.

Personally, I could not care less if he disposed of all of them tomorrow, would be doing the country a big favor. And lets be honest, the Shins really made no effort in ridding the country of this vermin, in fact they supported it openly. Allowing the reds to kill anti-government protesters while the police stood back twiddling their thumbs comes to mind.`

• Like 2

The whole point is,... time is working FOR the man in Dubai and the rest of the rich and powerful Elite, while the rest of the POOR and POWERLESS NATION is getting brainwashed beyond brain damage repair

................................"is getting brainwashed beyond brain damage repair"..................................

I agree with this part of your comment 100% as you are living proof of this fact. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Stop finding fault with me! Don't you understand how it works? I say things and you whistle and cheer.

How are we going to do all the things I want to do if everyone else insists on having their own opinion?

If you think anybody can say anything at all, then the country won't survive," he said. They just don't understand, Oh ne Oh my. A little red book telling people what to think and what to say would help.rolleyes.gif

You don't read enough Thai Visa. There are plenty of corruption supporters telling you what to think and say. they all have one thing in common. Disparaging remarks about trying to clean up the corruption.wai.gif

The general seems to me to be a man of his culture, a man who has embraced thainess completely. When he says things like don't find fault he is saying it with an understanding that Thai people know that finding fault is uncool. They don't expose their superiors, the worst thing you can do is make a leader lose face.

Many of his responses are crafted with thainess at the foundation. He is a strong Thai conservative living in a land without a serious liberal presence. But Thainess can't bear scrutiny or change. It is a system of position, privilege and rigidity. And although all these features gave Thailand stability in the past. I have serious doubts that it can hold on much longer without bringing Thailand into the position of failed state.

Spot on right there my friend. Excellent post.

Have you got a better idea of how to clean up the mess?

Even an idiot knows that what has been tried in the past did not work.

Groups standing around complaining about things and doing nothing to help solve the problem do nothing but slow the healing process down. the government is well aware of the problems and needs ideas to solve them not a bunch of got nothing to do better with their lives people pointing out what every one knows and in some cases making up idiotic stories.

My big question is why do people want to continue with the corruption instead of trying to slow it down.

Do these people benefit monetarily from the corruption? I know if I was in the receiving end of the money I to would not want to see it changed. No country is with out it but over 100 countries have less.

If you have a way to make an omelet without breaking egg shells let us in on it.