Rooting Android Cm

A1Str8

I want to root my s4 and install a custom rom but don't want to bother with figuring out how to do it.

I would need someone who is knowledgeable to meet up and help me out with this.

Please pm if you can and are willing to help.

Please don't bother suggesting shops where it can be done. I have previous experience with them. I don't need incompetent people to mess with my phone.

Thank you

I'd like to root my phone when the warranty expires, but I'm in the same boat as you; perhaps too much of a learning curve for the benefit. I guess you need to ask yourself how badly do you want whatever feature the root/custom ROM will give you. If nobody with experience is offering to help then maybe learn to live with your phone's limitations.

Before you flash a custom rom you may also want to visit the forums that discuss each particular custom rom.

Mostly the comments are in the line of:

Hey man this is really the best rom I've experienced in my life, you think in a next update you will figure out that .....the camera app doesn't crash? (That I don't have to recharge the battery twice a day) ( That the screen doesn't flicker when low battery) etc.

Personally I have flashed a few custom roms already, and never seen one that has functions you really need, which the stock rom doesn't have, and which didn't have any issues.

Thank you for the helpful comments and PMs i received.

Meanwhile i did some research on the subject and found a way to do it that several people reported as easy, straightforward and a method that just works.

1. Download the Towelroot apk.

You can find it easily after a quick google search.

The app makes rooting very easy and you can unroot easily by using Supersu after downloading it from the play store.

2. Go to cyanogenmod.org where you can download their rom which is probably the most reliable of all. They came up with a method to make the flashing of the rom really easy and quick. Only a few steps, everything is explained on the website.

Edited by A1Str8
  • Like 1

Glad you got it sorted--be aware that TowelRoot is a fairly new method--and has been known to give problems--fortunately, not in your case.

I would always recommend Chainfire's CF AutoRoot, installed with ODIN.

Had problems with that on the S4, left me soft bricked.

Managed to fix it with a replacement PIT file.

So I left it stock instead.