thai technitian. how much per day?

crickets

Tell him what you want done and ask him "how much?". Whatever he says, display a very pained expression and throw your arms in the air. Negotiate to 70% of his asking price.

Don't agree a daily rate, agree on a rate for the job/s to be completed. Things have a tendency to take longer in Thailand so if you agree a daily rate, the job that you think is only a day may stretch to two days because of "pompems".

Tell him what you want done and ask him "how much?". Whatever he says, display a very pained expression and throw your arms in the air. Negotiate to 70% of his asking price.

Don't agree a daily rate, agree on a rate for the job/s to be completed. Things have a tendency to take longer in Thailand so if you agree a daily rate, the job that you think is only a day may stretch to two days because of "pompems".

+ they are great at making up excuses.........your land too hot, the weather too cold, your land to high, is far , is difficult, cannot, ground very hard ( digging holes) yada yada yada.......anything but get their <deleted> finger out and do it.

• Like 1

forgive the expression but any decent Electrician will be "Too wired up" to be working for 500 BHT a day, in Pattaya or Bangkok and if you have one that will work a full day for 1000 Baht or less then please pass on his details because i can find him loads of work.

I walk into the electrical shop and the guys sizes me up head to toe and says 2000 baht for 5 hours work. No thanks. Go to thai watsudu and the lights are cheaper. Ask the desk for a tech to install them. 1200 baht later and a bottle of chang eveyone is happy.

200 to 250 baht and a 30 baht tip

If the guy lived next door and tools were provided this may be possible.....If the work is done through a reputable company or a competent person then it will be a lot more. Its a shame that many forget there are transport costs involved, equiptment/tools to purchase, tax payments and many more associated costs.

Minimum wage in the US is $7 per hour. I very much doubt you would be able to have 3 hours work done for $21 from a qualified electrician working for a registered company, its no different in Thailand unless of course you employ Somchai the fisherman to do the work

"200 to 250 baht and a 30 baht tip" Sounds like a guy I knew Hank His sparky was cheap as dirt & he fried most of the wires up in the attic. LOL

Doubtful you will find a competent electrician for 250 + a 30 baht tip. We pay 500-2000 baht per day depending on whats done. The upside is you get what you pay for. Our electrician is truly certified & not like the electricians that burned up the swampy airport. And everything is perfectly grounded no shorts no comebacks.Second house with this sparky & not one problem in 3 years. Even the light bulbs last as long as they should. 200-300 baht will buy you a somtam cook not any kind of tradesman.Hell minimum wage is now 300 baht & if you get someone to do work as a contractor you can be sure they will charge more for being a contractor.

Edited by Beardog

You could contact HomePro , they offer services like this .

Maybe more than somchai but the job at least comes with some gaurantee it will be done properly

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by N47HAN

I walk into the electrical shop and the guys sizes me up head to toe and says 2000 baht for 5 hours work. No thanks. Go to thai watsudu and the lights are cheaper. Ask the desk for a tech to install them. 1200 baht later and a bottle of chang eveyone is happy.

2000 a day per man for a competent crew is not unreasonable. You will be hard pressed to find a quality job cheaper. although is not out of the question.