Vocational education deal signed with Germany

Lite Beer

Vocational education deal signed with Germany
THE SUNDAY NATION

BANGKOK: -- THE GERMAN-THAI Chamber of Commerce (GTCC) has signed an agreement with the Office of the Vocational Education Commission (Ovec), the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI), Ministry of Industry, Department of Skill Development and Ministry of Labour.

The memorandum of understanding was signed on Thursday during a "Dual Vocational Education Thailand" event, which showcased collaboration between entrepreneurs and successful pioneering offices in managing dual vocational education from Germany (German-Thai Dual Excellence Education-GTDEE project) and other countries.

This event, the first of its kind in Thailand, follows the government policy to increase the number of vocational education students, in order to fulfil the economic needs of Thailand and the Asean Economic Community.

Education Minister Admiral Narong Pipatanasai presided over the event, while Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha toured the event on its second day.

FTI president Supant Mongkolsuthree said Germany was a leading industrial nation, and therefore a good partner to strengthen Thai industry and education, which would make Thailand competitive. The MoU was a good start and real work would be seen from now on.

Phongsakdi Chakshuvej, president of the German-Thai Chamber of Commerce, said that in supporting the government's strategy of making Thailand a trading hub, the GTDEE project that started last year could be an important tool. GTDEE introduces the German style of dual vocational education by bringing the school into the company, which means work-based learning with 40 per cent theory and 60 per cent practical training.

As well as learning activities, the same standard examination as in Germany would be used. This would help students get a certificate that is accepted worldwide.

Dr Chaiyapreuk Sereerak, secretary-general of Ovec, said the collaboration with Germany, a leading proponent of dual vocational education, would set a premium standard for Thai colleges.

Alongside the MoU, there was an exhibition displaying the development of German-Thai Dual Vocational Education. Three German companies were present at the GTDEE pavilion: Mercedes-Benz, BMW Group Thailand, and B Grimm Group.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Vocational-education-deal-signed-with-Germany-30248868.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-30

• Like 1

"This event, the first of its kind in Thailand, follows the government policy to increase the number of vocational education students..."

It would also help increase their numbers if they stopped killing each other.whistling.gif

Edited by jaltsc
  • Like 1

"as well as learning activities, the same standard examination as in Germany would be used. This would help students get a certificate that is accepted worldwide."

LOOOOL

Sorry for a good ROFL in the morning, but being a German high school teacher ( i.e. I am German and I teach in Germany), this line in the news made my day.

Maybe Thailand should, if it is really planning any slight improvement in its educational standards, try to alter their level of ambition to one at least remotely reachable for their students. Now it's like you'd put a baby infront of Einstein to introduce it to relativity theory...

says the "Herrenmensch"-get of your high horse

Edited by Crazy chef 1
  • Like 2

Chainarong

What language are they learning, is everyone on the same page here, German certificate world wide , a certificate of what, just because you went to a German school doesn't get you anywhere , it is the degree that only counts.coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

Yeah keep on buying your useless degrees

• Like 1

Its a good idea, but firstly you have to motivate young men to get off their <deleted> and telephones to learn something. The lower end of the age group 18-25 in terms of achievement really needs to understand the work ethic and not be so dependent on their parents, who also need some encouragement to push their sons to be more independent. Girls will benefit from this initiative as they are already motivated.

"as well as learning activities, the same standard examination as in Germany would be used. This would help students get a certificate that is accepted worldwide."

LOOOOL

Sorry for a good ROFL in the morning, but being a German high school teacher ( i.e. I am German and I teach in Germany), this line in the news made my day.

Maybe Thailand should, if it is really planning any slight improvement in its educational standards, try to alter their level of ambition to one at least remotely reachable for their students. Now it's like you'd put a baby infront of Einstein to introduce it to relativity theory...

says the "Herrenmensch"-get of your high horse

I agree. There will be few Thai vocational students with the brains and commitment to be able to do this, the rest will give up!

• Like 1

Purely for show/propaganda - does anyone on here, or anyone who truly knows this Kingdom, truly believe that anything constructive will ever come from this.

Thailand was never colonised (just in the improbable case that you've missed this point) and thus have no need or use from western influences, culture or technologies; and certainly no need for another language.

The Thai people are being told on a daily basis through the government controlled media that Thailand will quickly become the hub of the AEC when it comes into being in 20..? Assuredly the Thai language will be adopted as the political, diplomatic and commercial language of the community!?! Do they really believe this? Or do they really care?

.......so, let's get this in perspective, the Germans will teach the poor to build Benz's for the rich and all will be happy. Cool.

Right.....it's in perspective....

MB have their plant here, as do BMW ...so yes....Germans have taught the "poor", as you refer to Thais, how to build cars!.......

The Germans are definitely not the pioneers for vocational education programs in Thailand. However, knowing what I know about the Deutsche mentality (based on personal working experience), they (the Germans) are probably determined to learn a very expensive, and bitter lesson in futility, despite the previous 30-year experiences of their Japanese predecessors. Duh!coffee1.gif

I was clearly waiting for that kind of comment. Just - as of love for Thailand - wanted to redirect any upcoming Thai bashing in this thread. So get ready folks. Bash the German :-)

When I, a German also, was correcting the writing of an English teacher lately, who offered so called "Cambridge Teaching Courses", I was called a Grammar-Nazi. See, you are not alone.

I was clearly waiting for that kind of comment. Just - as of love for Thailand - wanted to redirect any upcoming Thai bashing in this thread. So get ready folks. Bash the German :-)

When I, a German also, was correcting the writing of an English teacher lately, who offered so called "Cambridge Teaching Courses", I was called a Grammar-Nazi. See, you are not alone.

You guys (the Germans that is) shouldn't worry or get too upset about such things. Terrible as that there war was - the post war generation of Germans built a country, and almost a continent, that is the envy of the World. It's a pity that the rest of World still seems to have a long way to go before they learn the lesson that tanks and bombs are not a requirement of power, conquest, political might and economic security.

• Like 1

Purely for show/propaganda - does anyone on here, or anyone who truly knows this Kingdom, truly believe that anything constructive will ever come from this.

Thailand was never colonised (just in the improbable case that you've missed this point) and thus have no need or use from western influences, culture or technologies; and certainly no need for another language.

The Thai people are being told on a daily basis through the government controlled media that Thailand will quickly become the hub of the AEC when it comes into being in 20..? Assuredly the Thai language will be adopted as the political, diplomatic and commercial language of the community!?! Do they really believe this? Or do they really care?

True enough, however Bangkok will become the central decision-making, financial hub of the AEC. The rest of Thailand, with it's available landmass (for sale to the highest "S-T" bidder); and a huge "deliberately" non-educated (colonialized) labor force, will serve only as the tenacles of a solidly established Octopus. That entity has successfully thrived in the Kingdom of Siam, since the mid-19th. Century.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

What like the Thai-Austrian Technical College, which has not had anything much to do

with Austria besides the seed funding and some photo ops

from 30+ years ago?

I'm a quite sick of western governments handing out taxpayer money to greedy developing nation burocrates

all in the name of being "good global citizens", when in reality the host countries just laugh at their stupidity naivety.

Do they actually think throwing money around will get results as apposed to the reality: the corruption of that money?

You guys (the Germans that is) shouldn't worry or get too upset about such things. Terrible as that there war was - the post war generation of Germans built a country, and almost a continent, that is the envy of the World. It's a pity that the rest of World still seems to have a long way to go before they learn the lesson that tanks and bombs are not a requirement of power, conquest, political might and economic security.

As usual, the topic threads begin to go far "off" the originating OP's thread, but here goes.

Being called a Grammar "Nazi" was definitely unprofessional, however, did you make that correction discreetly (one-to-one), or did you humiliate your "Cambridge" colleague, in the presence of other teachers? I'd be interested in reading about the rest of that story, but only "honestly" so. wai.gif

As usual, the topic threads begin to go far "off" the originating OP's thread, but here goes.

Being called a Grammar "Nazi" was definitely unprofessional, however, did you make that correction discreetly (one-to-one), or did you humiliate your "Cambridge" colleague, in the presence of other teachers? I'd be interested in reading about the rest of that story, but only "honestly" so. wai.gif

Shame about the "..., but only 'honestly' so." in there:

Otherwise it may well have led to a very interesting debate on the correct use of grammar in the English language.

Edited by Commander Tamson

I wrote exactly two words in this post (punctuation, capitalisation), just mentioning the errors, and received a prompt response, though there was enough time for him, to edit and re-upload his ad.

But do not worry, the war was over in 1945, I was born in 1950, and beaten up in the North of Finland in 1973, for the bombing of Rovaniemi, besides some other war related minor offences in foreign countries. No big deal. But when a dog barks, believe me, I do not bark back.

Edited by fxe1200