Tourist visa on arrival extension

Hi

just joined up with Thaivisa today. Am an Australian citizen staying in Udon Thani on a 30 day tourist visa issued on entry to the Kingdom at Bangkok airport. I wish to extend my visa for a further 2 weeks. Could you explain the process of going via the Friendship Bridge at Nong Khai into Loa and back to the Kingdom?

Thanks in advance

You do not have a tourist visa but a permission to stay which is good for a 30 day stay, you can go to the local immigration office and ask for a 30 day extension of your permission to stay. This is a new policy and depending on the office it maybe availiable or not. Your next option would be to make a border run to Laos a few days before your 30 days expires and you could get 15 days permissionto stay.But that is not guaranteed as well especially with the crack down on border runners. Those are your options for a short stay. If Australia is a G-8 nation you will get 30 days on the border run. Good luck.

• Like 1

You can apply for a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry at Udon Thani immigration. The fee will be 1900 baht.

You will need a completed TM7 application form with an attached 4cm X 6cm photo. Copies of your passport photo page, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card.

You would only get a 15 day entry at a border crossing because Australia is not a G7 country.

• Like 2

You can apply for a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry at Udon Thani immigration. The fee will be 1900 baht.

You will need a completed TM7 application form with an attached 4cm X 6cm photo. Copies of your passport photo page, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card.

You would only get a 15 day entry at a border crossing because Australia is not a G7 country.

Thank you so much for your assistance. This is what I will do

Does anyone know if this extension is available at Nonthaburi immigration, and failing that, the Chaengwattana office? Our daughter arrived on her college break, and is planning to be here for 35 days, so we'd like to try to get the extension for her, to get as long with her as possible. :)

If i am on a one year non-B visa when working will i have to leave thailand to get it extended for a further year or can this be done at a Thai immigration office and does it matter which one I go to?

You can get a one year extension based upon working if you have a work permit and company documents to support the application.

You have to apply for the extension at the immigration office assigned for the area where you are living.