An understanding of giving and receiving Likes

frollywolly

It is good to give a 'like' especially if you do like the post.

It is good to receive a like too because it shows other like your post.

When certain members are being humourus - like a certain members ring of fire, I like to give a like if it makes me smile or laugh.

There is a lot of negativity in some topics and a like can negate the negativity.

one of my all time favorite...

We certainly could do with more humour like this - even if it was at David48's expense. I feel he enjoyed the humour as much as many of us did and being an Aussie, well, you need to have a sense of humour whistling.gif

I'd better not mention the Aus / Eng test in case David is reading this laugh.png

Yes, I liked the topic too. It was well worth all the likes handed out.

And that is what the OP should understand with some people. Plus the 'like' idea is a good idea as far as I am concerned.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^ Sadly that test wasn't on TV, nor the Barbarians game.

Caught the highlights this morning.

There are some of wee Aussies who still grind their teeth when they hear the name Jonny Wilkinson mentioned ... dry.png

If he ever joins the Forum ... he'll get nary a like from me!

^^ Sadly that test wasn't on TV, nor the Barbarians game.

Caught the highlights this morning.

There are some of wee Aussies who still grind their teeth when they hear the name Jonny Wilkinson mentioned ... dry.png

If he ever joins the Forum ... he'll get nary a like from me!

I really liked watching that game last night in the local pub nearby. Shame you did not get to see it live because I think you would have liked it too.

please do not delete this. I have kept the topic part alive with the bold bits whistling.gif

• Like 1

Apparently some people do, I couldn't give a frig and reckon it was a more honest place without them. Having said that, if I've spent the time in giving precise directions to someone, for example, and they couldn't even be bothered to like it or say thanks, it's pretty crud. But to post simply to garner likes, or get all depressed Facebook-style like some people seem to do, that I cannot understand.

• Like 2

Trans...it's not you, the neighbours dislike....it's the Partys you keep throwing.

And as for Hansum....I will send you a new mirror ASAP.cheesy.gif

Please explain the cuddles I get from married ladies..............laugh.png

Sympathy rolleyes.gif

I like sympathy.................intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi

• Like 1

it is a sign of appreciation and agreement...

but some people don't get many and seems disappointed about it though they even have to start a topic about it...

The poster is irrelevant? Would you give a like to a poster you do not like, if they make a post you agree with?

OP, I can only speak for myself here.

Being a self-centered, arrogant, egomaniac person I love getting those likes.

If I don't get at least one for whatever I say, I can't sleep in the night, get aggressive with the wife and start having suicidal thoughts.

On the other hand I love watching this number going up, on the right hand of my screen and everyone I get I say a big thank you and send a kiss to that person.

Now, give me a like for what I said or you don't get the kiss.

I gave you one for honesty

I simply Like the Idea that the "Like This", and the "Report" Link Icons are on opposite farsides of the webpage -

- in that way I can't accidentally Click the wrong one by accident hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ. and get someone's knickers in a knot

it is a sign of appreciation and agreement...

but some people don't get many and seems disappointed about it though they even have to start a topic about it...

The poster is irrelevant? Would you give a like to a poster you do not like, if they make a post you agree with?

1. There is no poster that I dislike, however there are posters I disagree with often.

2. I gave a like to one of these the other day......and it was actually you....I give the likes to the post, not the poster.

Totally agree, they might wear trainers and white socks.............w00t.gif

Regardless whether or not I think much (dislike) of a particular poster based on his/her previous posts (which some are just here to antagonize - stir the pot) I will like the post if it is salient to the topic at hand and a good observation or counter argument I will give it a like....also the humous posters with a irreverent outlook are refreshing and will garner a like....

There are too many posters here who's sole mission is to attack and debase the other poster or aggrandise/merchandise themselves??? Exposing their lack/flagging ego for the world to see....Robert Burns had this figured out many a year ago......O wad a gift the giftie gie us - to see oursels as others see us....

Those I truly wish would go someplace else but every forum by and large is infected with such pests....those are hard to take seriously but are irritating just the same - so - job well done....sadly - someone has to actually live with/around these people....they have my sympathy.....

Regardless whether or not I think much (dislike) of a particular poster based on his/her previous posts (which some are just here to antagonize - stir the pot) I will like the post if it is salient to the topic at hand and a good observation or counter argument I will give it a like....also the humous posters with a irreverent outlook are refreshing and will garner a like....

There are too many posters here who's sole mission is to attack and debase the other poster or aggrandise/merchandise themselves??? Exposing their lack/flagging ego for the world to see....Robert Burns had this figured out many a year ago......O wad a gift the giftie gie us - to see oursels as others see us....

Those I truly wish would go someplace else but every forum by and large is infected with such pests....those are hard to take seriously but are irritating just the same - so - job well done....sadly - someone has to actually live with/around these people....they have my sympathy.....

I'd give you one.....but I'm afraid you'd enjoy it too much. :P

• Like 1

I'd give you one.....but I'm afraid you'd enjoy it too much. tongue.png

You're right about that,.........give it to me