Help!

cjnst2

I'm looking for a place to live in Thailaid!

Ok. Many of you have been very helpful to me so far. Here is my story in a nutshell. Feel free to skip down to things I'm looking for if you want.

I'm a 26 year old male US citizen. I grew up and lived in the northeastern part of the United States all of my life. Went to school for mathematics and finance but after school I found a different path. I have been financially supporting myself for the last 4 years while living with two life long friends in an apartment in the United States. Recently I've decided to use my financial freedom to travel to world. Many of my friends had suggested Thailand and I decided to make it a go. I've read books about Thailand but nothing prepares you for the real thing. So far I've stayed three days in Bangkok and althought I've found many things I like about the city it really isn't where I want to settle. It's a bit too congested for me. Here are somethings I'm looking for......

My BUDGET is 30K or less baht per month for housing and utilities. Atleast while I'm starting out here.

(1) I need a reliable high-speed internet connection. This is very important to me and probably my number one priority as I want to continue to support myself while in Thailand. This is vital.

(2) I prefer the beach but from what I hear many of the island and beaches down south have sub par internet. I'd also prefer a Serviced apartment or atleast one with furniture and appliances already in it.

(3) I'm the outdoor type and love to run. It was almost a daily ritual for me in the United States at one point. If possible I'm looking for a place where I can strap on my running shoes and take a 10 mile run without getting hit by a car.

(4) I'd prefer a place where English is well spoken throughout the area. It isn't too bad in Bangkok right now but I don't adjust well at first to change and I'm having a hard time adjusting to language gap. Haven't met any farangs yet either. A place where a lot of farangs are would make my transition a lot easier. Don't know if there are farangs that play basketball(do they even have this in thailand) or watch Sunday NFL football but I wouldn't mind finding a place that offered things like this.

(5) I don't mind the hedonistic side of certain areas but I'd prefer not to live in the center of it all.

I can't think of much else. Basically I'd like a little part of America with me while I'm here in Thailand. I'm not asking Thailand to change for me but to just make my transition a bit easier.

So far I'm considering a treck up north to Chiang Mai. Does this fit my profile at all from those that have been there?

Considering staying at the ......www.viangbuamansion-chiangmai.com....Some on this board have recommended this service apartment and it has most everything I need. Anyway, sorry if this is too long but I'd appreciate any information you all can give me.