Drone Postcard from Chernobyl

rhythmworx

I saw this video on a newsfeed on my phone last week (I think!). I thought it was stunning at the time, and equally so now on watching it again....a frightening beauty about it. There was also a news report to say that brown bears have been see in the area: I hope they survive OK, whilst it was quoted that the worst of the areas will remain radioctive for humans for 20,000 (did I miss a 0 off that?) years.

I trust the GoPro didn't become a GlowPro ermm.gif after that assignment!

Thanks for sharing!

Well done video, and I happened to watch that 60 Minutes episode yesterday. Saw another news story from a year ago where the engines and other parts from contaminated vehicles were being removed and sold as parts. Did you see any evidence of that?

Sorry T-Dog I had no part in the making of that video, seems I may have given that impression by the text I copied and pasted to accompany the video.

I found the video late last night and this morning have been reading up on things about it.

Heres a link to 285 photos which look like they were took in a radioactive zone as everything is abandoned. Well worth a view IMO there is a certain unique look to the images. http://www.flickriver.com/photos/kiekmal/tags/abandoned/

Also I found an interesting press conference you might care to view <iframe src="http://www.disclose.tv/embed/71522" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Thanks for bringing that up MJP, I was thinking about that matter this morning.

I don't want to start a discussion via the forum but was debating PM'ing Oilinki to mention it to Baron Greenback.

There really should be a General non Thai related catergogoary in the photo section.

• Like 1

Thanks for bringing that up MJP, I was thinking about that matter this morning.

I don't want to start a discussion via the forum but was debating PM'ing Oilinki to mention it to Baron Greenback.

There really should be a General non Thai related catergogoary in the photo section.

Oh hell yes!

I never went to Chernobyl ;

but I knew some engineers who are working since many years on the site;

They are from Italy, Great Britain, France and they live in a new city , not very far from, which name is Slavutych ;

These engineers go to Chernobyl crossing every week Belarus border because it's the shortest way ...

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@51.6919053,30.9927723,9z

I went to Slavutych in june 2005 with a friend of mine in his car from Paris - France ; about 2,500 kilometers we did in two days ; crossing south Germany and Poland .( Lancia 2,500 Diesel , a very good car )

I have some photos from that journey;

they are on a DVD RW but my CD-Rom drive has some problems...bah.gif

Hope I can find rapidly a solution .tongue.png