kasikorn card expiry while overseas

I was wondering if any expats has been in the case where your Kasikorn card will expire while you are out of the country?

I presume they will not just close account as i use it often and have been depositing money for my next trip.

The card expiry is 1/15.Should i also expect other troubles? because the account was opened up country?

I will not be going up there straight away and staying in Bangkok in new year.

I have the bankbook with me also along with card but i have never updated the book since i had the account

Cards are optional at extra cost so there will not be any issue except you will not be able to use card until you get a new one. Expect you will be able to obtain new card in any office with passport and bankbook but do not use that bank myself.

• 8 months later...

Can confirm the info above. In my case i asked Kasikorns advice prior to leaving the country as to if i should get a new card as i would be absent when it expired.

They said..dont worry, just get new card when you come back to Bangkok.

my account was also upcountry.

If memory serves, it was 200baht, new card made while you wait, password slip printed up, change to your own password on ATM, all done in 20 minutes.

not like rigmorole in the west, waiting for card in the mail and then needing a seperate letter to change pin then have to go into bank to get it finalised

doesnt seem to be any time limit for delete accounts as long as you have the minimum amount deposited.