iPhone SIMM for Internet

TimLMT

Hey,

I am new here and find that i might need internet access from my iPhone as i travel around the city. I might also like to make a few calls but that is less important. I am a rookie when it comes to simm cards and such but know that a good network for speed is important as is getting the best deal. Any tech savvy folks care to weigh in on who or what I should do?

Chicog: What plan did you choose? I recently bought the 799 per month plan with 8 GB from AIS at Central Chidlom. I wonder if the 8 gig is overkill.

I'm not on a plan - I just buy what I need prepaid at Swampy when I arrive.

General I think it's Bt699 for 4Gb, although I think they had a promotion last time and it was Bt599 for 4.5Gb.

You only need that if you watch lots of video, large emails, etc.

• Like 1

thanks all...

haven't had time to make it to Maya but in my neck of the woods (just south of the southern moat) they are offering TriNet with unlimited internet and 250 min of phone for 499 b, the unlimited sounds suspicious so still checking into it...

I am very happy with Truemoves prepaid 4G...

I make very few calls and mainly use the phone for data...

299 baht for 1.5GB per month (They have double data promotion running until 2015)...

It is setup to reoccur/auto renew so I just topup a 1,000 baht and good for +3 months ...

If I run over the 1.5GB (which I have yet to do) I can purchase additional 1GB for 150 baht...

I have gone online to True and registered the sim and phone number in my name so if I were

to lose the phone I could get a replacement sim and such by showing my ID

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/4g/sim-truemoveh/prepaid/entry/3340?ln=en

BTW When I went into the True Store to get their new upgraded 4G sim the lady at first said only Post Paid possible for 4G - But I showed her the above webpage (on my iPhone) with a confused smile (The Thai smile that say your lying to me) and she relented and processed and gave me the new sim... I think she was lazy as there was alot of fiddling with my phone, sms and such with the new sim before it worked ;-)...

BTW When I went into the True Store to get their new upgraded 4G sim the lady at first said only Post Paid possible for 4G - But I showed her the above webpage (on my iPhone) with a confused smile (The Thai smile that say your lying to me) and she relented and processed and gave me the new sim... I think she was lazy as there was alot of fiddling with my phone, sms and such with the new sim before it worked ;-)...

Sounds more like she didn't know about it so didn't know how. And as you know, rather than admit that and get embarrassed, lying is a preference.

I don't actually blame them for not being trained or informed properly by the company, but the porky pies are simply irritating, especially when you know they are doing it.

I had the same thing with Siam Commercial Bank. I was told by their hotline I could apply for a new internet banking password by taking my passport into a branch, but when I asked got the "Cannot" response.

After persisting, she got the banks procedures manual out, found the page, brought out the "Internet Password Reset Form" (!), I filled it in and got a new password in a week or so.

Mind you, I then reset it and promptly forgot the bloody thing again.

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog

i went into the dtac store and a guy who spoke english installed a new simm in my iPhone 5 and returned my verizon simm to me, cost 79b (3g & 4g). Signed up for 3GB a month for 399b and was told that voice was just just pay as you go filled up at 7-11. It works great...

i went into the dtac store and a guy who spoke english installed a new simm in my iPhone 5 and returned my verizon simm to me, cost 79b (3g & 4g). Signed up for 3GB a month for 399b and was told that voice was just just pay as you go filled up at 7-11. It works great...

When you say "signed up", is that on contract then?