PE Visa maximum length of use

Hello Forum,

With the PE Visa from the TE program, could a TE member stay up to 6 years legally in the Kingdom by taking a trip or OI prior to the expiration? Has an actual TE Member done this already at their 5 year point?

I've read the forums and unable to find a answer just referring to the possibility one time. Also contacted the TE customer service without resolve. I have seen this done with Non-O B for 90 more days at the 1 year mark. Also Non-O ED before, but now blocked as of August.

Thank you,

Rick

I wondered this myself when I first heard about the PE visa. If it works like other multiple entry visas you could do an entry just before it expires and get another one year entry.

There has been no changes to being able to do an entry just before a non-ed multiple entry expires and getting another entry. It seems you may of heard one of many August 12th rumors or perhaps are confusing it with the new extension of stay rules that does not apply if you have a visa..

Bump... I know this is a tough... but surely it's been validated already...

Good to know about the Non O ED... After reading the thread's of late, seems not a good option for me... I really want to learn Thai, but seems the bridge has been burning for a while and not safe to cross the shark infested water... haha..

Has an actual TE Member done this already at their 5 year point?

I believe you get 1-year entry stamp only with the "new style" PE visa that was introduced sometime in late 2013 or early 2014, which means no member had a chance to do this yet.

Before that time, the visa was called Special Entry and only gave a 3 month permission to stay at each entry.

That's a good question.

But since there is no previous case, it is difficult to answer.

However, I personally don't believe that they would stamp you one full year if you re enter the country, or make an extension, on the last days of your membership. I guess the immigration officer would tell you that you need to renew your membership and stamp you for a "normal period".

Just my opinion though...

From the replies, this is a good question but must revisit in a few years after a one reaches the 5 year mark with the new 1 year style. Thank you all... :D

In the news, they are attempting to raise the VAT next year from 7 to 8-9% or more. Quote: "Finance Minister Sommai Phasee said the raise would be the first step towards increasing the VAT rate, but no concrete decision on the hike had been made yet. "It has to be increased by at least a percentage point, maybe even two points, but there'll be further discussion about this," he said.

Are PE visa holder's allowed VAT Exemption like normal tourists? Since the visa is considered Tourist type ;) Would be nice on large purchases and taking trips abroad :D

From the replies, this is a good question but must revisit in a few years after a one reaches the 5 year mark with the new 1 year style. Thank you all... :D

In the news, they are attempting to raise the VAT next year from 7 to 8-9% or more. Quote: "Finance Minister Sommai Phasee said the raise would be the first step towards increasing the VAT rate, but no concrete decision on the hike had been made yet. "It has to be increased by at least a percentage point, maybe even two points, but there'll be further discussion about this," he said.

Are PE visa holder's allowed VAT Exemption like normal tourists? Since the visa is considered Tourist type ;) Would be nice on large purchases and taking trips abroad :D

That is in fact another interesting question. Even for a newbie with only 6 posts ;)

I never tried the tax refund when leaving Thailand, because my passport is issued in Bangkok.

But I think that for Thailand Elite members who have passports issued in their own country it should work.

The PE visa does not imply that you reside in Thailand.

If your passport is issued in Thailand, then you will have to buy your expensive watches abroad to benefit from the tax refund :)

Edited by gerry1011