can i open a thai bank account in GBP

Also depends where you are based. Banks in rural areas "do not service currency accounts".

Why would you want a Sterling account in Thailand. I would ask this of other members who do hold GBP denominated currency accounts - what are the benefits.

I can transfer GBP same day from the UK at a lower cost than moving GBP from a currency account into THB

Also depends where you are based. Banks in rural areas "do not service currency accounts".

Why would you want a Sterling account in Thailand. I would ask this of other members who do hold GBP denominated currency accounts - what are the benefits.

I can transfer GBP same day from the UK at a lower cost than moving GBP from a currency account into THB

i have a sterling account held in thailand i can convert any amount to thai baht any time free of charge by just going in to my local thai branch

Krung Sri (Bank of Ayuddhaya) does Sterling deposit accounts which come with a card which allows you to make withdrawals in Baht at ATMs in Thailand. Only bank that offers this service AFAIK.

Yes a have a yen Account in this Bank.

i have a sterling account held in thailand i can convert any amount to thai baht any time free of charge by just going in to my local thai branch

Do you find that you get a better exchange rate doing it this way rather than using a money sending company in the UK to send you Baht for your GBP. Or do you find it easier.