Phuket police parade successes against criminals

Lite Beer

Phuket police parade successes against criminals

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1417499538_1-org.jpg

Gen Patchara takes one of the seized knives and hacks the kratom tree grown by Aphisit Srinakkanat.

PHUKET: The province’s police chief, Maj Gen Patchara Boonyasit, yesterday (December 1) gave the island’s police force eight out of 10 for the anti-crime activities, at a press conference when he laid out their achievements of recent days.

He was responding to a question from The Phuket News about the performance of his officers over the past few weeks.

The eight out of ten came in contrast to the strafing Phuket police – especially traffic police – received when the general first arrived on the island and told them, “Policemen are not made of brown sugar which doesn’t like to be outdoors. You are not going to melt in sunlight or when it’s raining. Get to work.”

Yesterday the general first showed journalists the collection of weapons seized in the past week: 26 knives, six guns and 151 bullets. Thirty-two people were arrested on weapons charges.

He also showed off the narcotics seized: 140 mg of heroine, 296.29g of marijuana, 13.37kg of compressed Kratom, 442 Kratom leaves, an entire kratom tree carefully erected in the Provincial Police HQ, 12 methamphetamine pills and almost half a kilo of crystal meth.

A total of 54 people were arrested for possession or selling of drugs.

Gen Patchara introduced a varied cast of characters at the press conference:

Ponchai Chuayphitak, 43, Suthon Somtat, 52, and Surachai Kongin, 36, were arrested for possession of nearly half a kilo of crystal meth with a street value of B1.3 million.

Soonthorn admitted that he had ordered the ice from Chan Jinakam, 52, who had recently been released from Chiang Rai prison.

Chan, he said, would arrange for parcels of drugs to be sent on the regular bus service from Surat Thani to Phuket.

Gen Patchara noted, “As [soonthron] said, it would be hard for us to search every incoming bus.”

Now, however, police have details about Chan, including his bank account and his phone number, so action against him can be expected soon.

Burglar Banjob “Nong” Praphet, 44. He broke into a Phuket Town coffee shop on October 30 and an Indian shop on November 22, stealing goods from the latter valued by the owner at B620,000.

He was caught by following CCTV footage. Also caught was his “fence”, 58-year-old Amphai Ritrarong, who bought some of the stolen goods.

Banjob had only been out of jail for four months after serving back-to-back sentences for robberies committed in 2008 and 2010.

Prasopchot Somboon, who threatened another driver with a pistol yesterday (December 1), in a road rage incident that was photographed by a number of passing motorists and posted on social media.

The two vehicles had been competing for space on on Patong Hill and when the driver of the other vehicle flashed his headlights, Prasopchot stopped, jumped out, and pointed his pistol at the other driver. When the other man said he would call the police, Prasopchot got back in his truck and drove away.

Police caught him just hours later and discovered that the weapon was a BB gun. They also found kratom liquor in his car. He was charged with possession.

Gen Patchara ask Prasobchot, “Why did you use your gun to threaten people?” Prasopchot answered meekly, “I was angry.”

Aphisit Srinakkanat, 45, who was arrested for having no only kratom leaves but an entire kratom tree in his garden. He told The Phuket News, “It is my tree. I planted it a year ago. It’s just for my personal use.”

But Gen Patchara wants to stamp out the Category 5 drug. “I am worried about teenagers, who are the risk group for kratom liquor. It will be the start of them going onto harder drugs. I do not want kratom in Phuket.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-parade-successes-against-criminals-49935.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-12-02

He also showed off the narcotics seized: 140 mg of heroine, 296.29g of marijuana, 13.37kg of compressed Kratom, 442 Kratom leaves, an entire kratom tree carefully erected in the Provincial Police HQ, 12 methamphetamine pills and almost half a kilo of crystal meth.

With such HUGE quantitys you would think thailand has a drug problemcheesy.gif ....Not enough of it

I was thinking the same thing... good call

With such HUGE quantitys you would think thailand has a drug problem:cheesy: ....Not enough of it

200 mg of heroin legal for possession in Mexico now, as well as coke and pot. Wake up Thailand.

• Like 2

Off topic but things are getting cleaned-up. I took a first time visitor to Khaosan Road in Bangkok. I was shocked. Clean ... no weird people foreign or Thai ... normal people enjoying the area ... no squat drinking til drunk on the roadside .... and the restaurants and legitimate vendors were doing very good business.

It was the first time I didn't feel the need for a shower for just being there. There is hope for a better Thailand.

Chan, he said, would arrange for parcels of drugs to be sent on the regular bus service from Surat Thani to Phuket.

Gen Patchara noted, “As [soonthron] said, it would be hard for us to search every incoming bus.”

No, you just search the regular bus service from Surat Thani to Phuket. I'm sure it's not every ten minutes, lame excuse for laziness, you are not made of brown sugar...

Now, however, police have details about Chan, including his bank account and his phone number, so action against him can be expected soon.

Now, however, Chan knows what details the police have about him, so he can plan his action accordingly...

Lol. Just look at the photo. These narcissists will use any excuse for a photo op. Even a tree. Herr General giving it a friendly chop. Well, he means business doesn't he? Great success arresting a tree. If it were me in uniform having just arrested a tree, I'd like to be photographed with me old fella in hand, slapping it against the tree...maybe one or 2 underlings kneeling expectantly in the foreground...but that's just me.

• Like 1

140 mg of heroin, not even near to 1 gram ?? Does not even compare to 1 tablet of Xanax ! Who r u kidding Mr. Police man ??? Just under 300 grams of weed !!! Jeez in the old days I'd put that in a molar cavity to stop the pain!

And please tell me How many of your finest did it take to seize this incredible amount of drugs?

• Like 1

Off topic but things are getting cleaned-up. I took a first time visitor to Khaosan Road in Bangkok. I was shocked. Clean ... no weird people foreign or Thai ... normal people enjoying the area ... no squat drinking til drunk on the roadside .... and the restaurants and legitimate vendors were doing very good business.

It was the first time I didn't feel the need for a shower for just being there. There is hope for a better Thailand.

Sounds like the old witch hunt days....

The romans also cleaned up the cities of dissidents with long hair and robes...

You obviously haven't brought them to Phuket Imm yet then.