Pichit: New technique to turn decaying rice to safe and quality rice discovered

webfact

These ozone generators are being used by several feed mills to reduce smells in the environment.

When I asked what happened to the vented ozone which is of course at ground level everyone went quite quiet.

Unfortunately the people you asked seem to have no knowledge of the equipment they are using - not uncommon !

One of the reasons Ozone is so widely used in the food industry is that it breaks down very easily into Oxygen - two molecules of O3 (ozone) degrade to three of O2 (Oxygen). It does not exist easily in the terrestrial atmosphere because it is so unstable and reactive. The breakdown process causes it to react with any organic material particularly bacteria and mold which it kills. It is far more effective as a disinfectant than Chlorine and leaves no harmful by-products.

If you wash vegetables and fruit in Ozonated water it will keep for a week in your fridge because all the bacteria has been destroyed.

The Ozone used in this rice cleaning process will be depleted firstly by reacting with the mold in the rice but more likely by the violent action of the fans - it will be destroyed very quickly although the distinctive smell may linger.

This seems to be a cheap and very effective way of cleaning rice and all farm produce by reducing the deterioration - whether it returns already damaged rice to an edible state is another issue.

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I will put this investment oppurnity on a back burner for the fore see able future. The seemly happy old codger reminds me of a fellow who went by the name Blly Carter. He called his product billy beer.

Okay. Ozonation of agricultural products is nothing new in Thailand. Ozonation kills harmful organisms that multiply in time. Ozone is also a preservative. The key is to rotate the rice stocks and treat them before rotting begins. Although this is a solution to the rice rotting problem it will also add an extra expense to the rice storage costs and will have to be added to the rice product bottom line. Which will be charged to the consumer. I am sure that other countries like China that store vast quantities of rice are already doing this.

cool. The smell is gone, but the SPORES and the mould are still in place.

If they proove me otherwise, I will give them all my years old rotten mouldy leather shoes for an Ozone treatment, and afterwards I will eat them publicly

News like these always make me remember the message of the former Hua Hin mayor, that they had invented a method to make crude oil again from used plastic bags.

Thailand's technology is only good for the ones who believe that they actually HAVE a technology invented by themselves that is even worth mentioning

Thailand's technology is only good for the ones who believe that they actually HAVE a technology invented by themselves that is even worth mentioning

Better than the landfill: Pyrolysis turns plastic bags into crude oil

http://theoptimist.com/plastic-bags/

Plastic shopping bags make a fine diesel fuel, researchers report

http://news.illinois.edu/news/14/0212bags_oil_BrajendraKumarSharma.html

Google is your friend. There are many, many articles about turning plastic back into oil. Just google 'make oil from plastic bags'.

I have seen this at work on a small private tip in bangkok

I think I will start buying Vietnamese Rice, just to make sure that I don't end up with experimental Thai rice that will make my head explode or worse.

An English friend of mine who had a Thai girlfriend whose family grew rice told me if I knew how much chemical was sprayed on the rice during the growing stage, I would not eat it.

I can only imagine Vietnam and the other countries being the same.

Lot to be said for organic produce these days, no matter what the cost.

Can someone please explain to me why the Thais are so insistent on making themselves look completely and utterly stupid at all times? Add to this the corruption, xenophobia, nationalism and protectionism and you can't help but thinking Thailand is one big basket case where the nutters are running the asylum.