TAT: Positive feedback received from recent roadshows

webfact

Thai TAT "revealed" large number of bookings, but no interviews or quotes from the Jordanians or Egyptians to affirm this "claim." TAT's claims are to be trusted 100%.

Which one made the bookings and who gave you the positive feedback? Eh, eh, eh...

47cf32c2-84e9-45b6-bedb-a4da1b68a44b_zps

I see, you have met the Bashir-family too!!whistling.gif

• Like 1

Thai TAT "revealed" large number of bookings, but no interviews or quotes from the Jordanians or Egyptians to affirm this "claim." TAT's claims are to be trusted 100%.

Which one made the bookings and who gave you the positive feedback? Eh, eh, eh...

I want to be at Suvarnabhumi immigration the day that lot pass through.

Oh, the look of confusion.

• Like 1

3rd from the left is my pick.....what a body!!

• Like 1

What with the hoards of Chinese planned for next year, and now begging Jordanians and Egyptians to plague Thailand, I do not give Thai culture any hope of surviving the next 20 years. It will be trampled. Does the everyday Thai in the street understand exactly where their elite masters are going with this ?

This is just a rip-off of Thailand by the advantaged Thai themselves. I feel so sorry for Thailand, and have to ask myself where will I be in 20 years if Thailand is no longer the beautiful country I have loved for the past 34 years ?

Now I understand the temporary closure of the soapy places!!

TAT was making adjustments, to make sure everything is hal-al!!

I've never heard of Hal-al bubbles. From experience in Robinsons on soi 19 Sukhumvit they don't tub too much anyhow.

Many posters here have long time suspected TAT was less than truthful with their numbers!!

Here is some interesting reading:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Experts-pinpoint-tourism-setbacks-30243433.html

"According to Apichart Sankary, former president of the Association of Thai Travel Agents (ATTA), certain authorities have forced organisations to provide unrealistic data, especially on international arrival numbers, or often provide only optimistic information to public.

He claimed that some information given out by officials was inaccurate. One mistake is counting one-day cross-border trippers as tourists. Moreover, arrivals are not categorised clearly, such as whether they are for business, leisure, long stays and so on, but are counted as one category, "tourist".

For instance, the official number of international arrivals between January and August this year was 15 million, down from 17 million in the same period last year, or a 10-per-cent drop. But ATTA's statistics showed that arrivals during those eight months plunged by 40 per cent year on year.

"Officials are claiming high numbers of tourist just for budgetary reasons," he said."
To the mods: Since the source is The Nation, I hope it is kosher, or should I say hal-al!!

I just hope that TAT can also help us tourists, and travellers with our visas. I would like to

be able to stay in Thailand for a reasonable time without a visa, example for 90 days like I can in

Mexico and central America, and many other places in the world.

It would be also nice to be able to stay in Thailand up to 6 months without having

such a hard time of getting that kind of a passport, without having to empty my

wallet for it. Just saying!

Stargeezer

• Like 1

TAT have to take their " Roadshow " to Countries such as Egypt and Jordan in order to drum up some business for the sick Tourist industry here.

Countries from the developed world would not even entertain TAT on their soil, because they are representatives of a Military Dictatorship, and with all the warnings Etc from the Embassies of such countries as UK, USA and the EU about martial law being in force in Thailand, most, if not all of these Countries Travel Agents and advisors, would invalidate any travel insurance ( or not issue any ), for visitors to here, which would indeed stop many of them even arranging a visit to Thailand for any reason, whether that be for a holiday or a business trip.

Most of the Tourists here now, would have booked many, many months ago, and dont wish to lose their deposits and holidays.

Next years figures will be really down for sure.

• Like 1