Police hunt one of Thailand's richest men in police graft scandal

webfact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Thai matter best left to Thais to resolve. I watch in silence.

i watch with disgust and resignation as the long entrenched powers-that-be manoeuvre for advantage and personal gratification at the expense of the general populace and ethics.

Kharma will prevail...

well what can say , the thai army need to do a lot more in thailand as we all know that the thai police can not do there job right , as we all know a lot of thai police take backhands of the mafia , like last week there was 7 policeman got count with a lot of money in there homes and gold as well , the thai army need to kick mafia out of thailand for good and don.t let them back in , and the thai police needs to stop taking money of the tourist ???/ they only put the money in there pockets , that why the tourist rate right down that not good for thailand

the thai people like the army to more for them ,

the thai police just take money of them and they lie and they cover up a lot of thing that look bad for thailand and the thai people,

Trouble with this whole story is, it always leads down roads which are totally off limits to any discussion here in Thailand and without that perspective everything else is pretty meaningless drivel. Then again meaningless drivel is the staple diet of many on here.

Very true and us freedom lovers outside of Thailand are fully informed of what is going on and what it will mean for Thailand. Uncharted waters and I hope the blue tea money corruption doesn't come back under the guise of a green top paymaster for the funds. Proper civic government with responsible revenue raising and developing and maintaining the public spaces and services would be welcome. Suspect the Suk massage parlour crackdown has more to do with cleaning up farang facing businesses rather than any great moral leanings.

Have they got this chap yet ?

Edited by beautifulthailand99

A Thai matter best left to Thais to resolve. I watch in silence.

Exactly, best to avoid comment and speculation about things that go on in Thailand that don't affect you personally. You need a very good reason to want to stay there.

well what can say , the thai army need to do a lot more in thailand as we all know that the thai police can not do there job right , as we all know a lot of thai police take backhands of the mafia , like last week there was 7 policeman got count with a lot of money in there homes and gold as well , the thai army need to kick mafia out of thailand for good and don.t let them back in , and the thai police needs to stop taking money of the tourist ???/ they only put the money in there pockets , that why the tourist rate right down that not good for thailand

the thai people like the army to more for them ,

the thai police just take money of them and they lie and they cover up a lot of thing that look bad for thailand and the thai people,

Who was that Thai cop that invested heavily in the stock exchange, (over 400 million Baht I think).

Any questions ever asked of this guy??

"It is likely he has fled Thailand," the spokesman said, adding police are mulling warrants for two more people over the corruption case.

"It is likely he has fled Thailand" Doesn't everybody? If I had $800 million, I would flee Thailand.

I would, too. But consider that a Thai multimillionaire would more than likely only get the power rush in Thailand.

I mean, if he were trying to break the law in The USA, say murder, he more than likely would not get away with it, no matter the bribe.

Here, he rules everything and gets away with everything. Abroad, he is just filthy rich, which isn't the complete package.

Scumbags like him need the power over others, too.

You got it in one. Its a simple cop bust that led to big players. Again it shows there is a bigger problem in Thailand than corruption. It's patronage. Allows these scumbags to do what they like at everyone's expense. Well done to the boys in brown. There is hope for some of them. Nothing what so ever to do with the Junta who didn't even know it was all going down.

And off topic but as good as a place as any to bring it in while the Junta is again at the mercy of the ignorant. Thailand's corruption which was on its usual trend off downwards into the cess pits of slime as always under Thaksin governments or proxies of has turned its way back by three favorable points in today's releases of the 2014 data. Well done Khun Prayuth.

• Like 1

Nothing what so ever to do with the Junta who didn't even know it was all going down.

The arrest warrant was issued by the military court yet you think the military government knew nothing of it? facepalm.gif

Some people actually seem to take pride in their ignorance.

Jeez. You think the military court just woke up from a wet dream and decided to issue an arrest warrant for the guy. Or do you think someone actually had arrested several persons on various charges before hand and gathered evidence that led to the issuing of the military warrant. The Junta was not leading this and did not even know what was going on until the police requested the warrant.

And off topic but as good as a place as any to bring it in while the Junta is again at the mercy of the ignorant. Thailand's corruption which was on its usual trend off downwards into the cess pits of slime as always under Thaksin governments or proxies of has turned its way back by three favorable points in today's releases of the 2014 data. Well done Khun Prayuth.

About time he got a mention, having to wait to the second page just isn`t good enough!

Remembeer folks, when someone shows you up as clueless just mention Thaksin and people think you are in the know thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Nothing more than a witch hunt for any high profile supporters of the previously democratically elected government. The Junta will do anything to snuff out democracy and freedom.

There is a lot more to it than this. Not that it's not a sort of witch hunt, because it does seem to be one, but there is a lot behind this that you clearly are uninformed about. Not things one can talk about or discuss here easily, but I'd suggest trying to get as informed as you can.

Nothing more than a witch hunt for any high profile supporters of the previously democratically elected government. The Junta will do anything to snuff out democracy and freedom.

I assume you are a supporter of democracy, freedom and blatant corruption? sad.png

• Like 1

I assume you are a supporter of democracy, freedom and blatant corruption? sad.png

The problem with your logic is, that under Prayuth, no democracy and no freedom and still blatant corruption!!

IMO an easy choice!!coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Trouble with this whole story is, it always leads down roads which are totally off limits to any discussion here in Thailand and without that perspective everything else is pretty meaningless drivel. Then again meaningless drivel is the staple diet of many on here.

This hits the nail squarely on the head. Its almost pointless publishing many of these news articles if there can't be a reasonable discussion about them for obvious reasons. For those of us from counties where freedom of speach is a basic human right it goes against our basic principles, but as we know Thainess trumps all. Ho hum.

• Like 1

.>> which has already snared several top cops and saw the family of a Thai princess stripped of their honorific title.<<Quote

Interesting choice of words!!whistling.gif

And pray tell us JOC...... what words would you have used....... come on... give us all a laugh..! cheesy.gif

The penny hasn't dropped for you yet? I'll help you. It's in the second half of that sentence. Often what is not said is more interesting than what is said. Got it yet?

"It is likely he has fled Thailand," the spokesman said, adding police are mulling warrants for two more people over the corruption case.

"It is likely he has fled Thailand" Doesn't everybody? If I had $800 million, I would flee Thailand.

If I had Bt 50 millions I would leave Thailand never mind $800 million

• Like 1

Freedom of<< speech/press>> up <deleted> creek!!

• Like 1