Beer Buffets (again)

LivinLOS

A few months ago the Magenta beer buffet had been changed to 200 baht for all you can drink from 5 p.m. til 10 p.m. (maybe later). They had an unfortunate habit of pouring beer into pitchers and serving it to customers after it had become warm and flat.

I don't know about the other beer buffets, I've switched my focus to promotions. Several months ago Dayli had four large Leo's for 200 baht before 8 p.m., I think they still have this promotion. Last week Blar Blar Bar had three Chang Exports for 99 baht before 9 p.m.

A few months ago the Magenta beer buffet had been changed to 200 baht for all you can drink from 5 p.m. til 10 p.m. (maybe later). They had an unfortunate habit of pouring beer into pitchers and serving it to customers after it had become warm and flat.

I don't know about the other beer buffets, I've switched my focus to promotions. Several months ago Dayli had four large Leo's for 200 baht before 8 p.m., I think they still have this promotion. Last week Blar Blar Bar had three Chang Exports for 99 baht before 9 p.m.

Sorry, I was thinking of, and writing about, the sushi place on Nimmanhamin soi 6, not Magenta. I don't think Magenta has a beer buffet anymore.

Have done that Nim one, but would not do it again... watered down, overly iced, warm, flat, off beer does not a good night make, even if it were free which it ain't. Those with taste buds should consider buying separately as I did. Great concept but unless it is free cans (they cannot be doctored) one should be very suspicious. You get nowt for free in this country and when something is heavily reduced, you kind of get what you pay for. In addition, you are also subjected to, generally, mediocre music... about the only plus is the dollies pouring the 'beer'.

Well we just ended up in Beer republic on the wheat beers again.. From 139 to 1500 plus.. :)

One of our number said that Rod Sabieng by the train station is operating and good.. But I dont know if its chang only (which I wont touch) or Chang export which is very passable.

Well we just ended up in Beer republic on the wheat beers again.. From 139 to 1500 plus.. smile.png

One of our number said that Rod Sabieng by the train station is operating and good.. But I dont know if its chang only (which I wont touch) or Chang export which is very passable.

Good beers at Beer Republic, and good pizza upstairs, but pricey and they don't employ pretties sad.png . I'll stick with the Thai places.