Any Australians here have problem receive service with their Vodafone number?

Doing some online banking this morning and had to receive the security SMS code and to my horror had no phone service and nearly caused me a major drama with my bank transfer.

I am in Chaiypum province out of town but also no service in town today. Am I doing something wrong or they told m a pack of crap when they said they had coverage in Thailand?

Kenny ... we covered that issue in your other thread but ...

Before you left Australia, did you enable global roaming?

and No ... the Commonwealth Bank will not send an confirmation SMS overseas.

So yes ... you are 'doing something wrong'.

Your phone number, most likely, will change from 0455 555 555 to 0011 66 455 555 555

Does your Phone Company, from Australia, have coverage in Thailand ... sure ... most likely they will have a sharing arrangement with a Local Thai Provider.

Unless, of course you are using a Satellite Phone ... but I doubt that.

The com bank game me a gadjet that i use anywhere in the world that when i log into there internet banking it prompts me for a number code..i press the button on my gadjet and enter what is writen...hey presto im in and no issues.

See your bank when you get home to get one, as for vodaphone there looking to sell out of AU, and yes there been unrelaible since day one but in your case david 48 pretty much hit the nail on the head.