UK TV Free Special offer from Thai Expat Tv for Thaivisa Members

sales

I have downloaded UK/TV trial version and looks very good. I have downloaded it to my desktop Windows 7 and have tried to watch it watch it through my TV, via an HDMI cable. The problem is, that although the picture is perfect, the sound still comes from my computer speakers..Is there anyway to remedy this and have the sound come from my TV.

Thanks for any help.

I've just been sent this from their support. Very quick and good response.

Please uninstall the version of the player you have then download and install this version: https://www.thaiexpat.tv/dl/1.42_windows/ThaiExpat.tv.setup.exe

Works perfectly.

Edited by elfpattaya

Have a look at ILIKEHD TV 350 baht per month BBC, ITV, SKY SPORTS, MOVIES plus all you can get here as well, on Google play store.

Does it have record and seven day look back?
Doesn't have record facility seems a lot of night time shows repeated daytime, it's 350 baht for one month English package or you can buy a 30 baht package for three hours use to try it out. Register using an email address then you just need to get Truemoney top up card and enter the number on their site, no need for credit cards.

Have a look at ILIKEHD TV 350 baht per month BBC, ITV, SKY SPORTS, MOVIES plus all you can get here as well, on Google play store.

Does it have record and seven day look back?
Doesn't have record facility seems a lot of night time shows repeated daytime, it's 350 baht for one month English package or you can buy a 30 baht package for three hours use to try it out. Register using an email address then you just need to get Truemoney top up card and enter the number on their site, no need for credit cards.

They don't do their own programming... They just carry the various channels. But yes it's true, whether it's thru ILikeHD or other sources, the various movie channels and such tend to repeat their content at various times. Nothing different about that.

As for payment, ILikeHD also allows payment thru PayPal. So doing it thru TrueMoney is not any kind of requirement.

• 4 weeks later...

well like others I signed up for this UK TV 'free offer' and they just sent me an invoice for 900 baht which is more 50% more than a months service. I decided not to use it as the connection is often too slow and will not be paying for their free offer thanks!

Edited by jacky54

well like others I signed up for this UK TV 'free offer' and they just sent me an invoice for 900 baht which is more 50% more than a months service. I decided not to use it as the connection is often too slow and will not be paying for their free offer thanks!

To be fair, the OP does indicate that you will get an invoice at the end to allow you to continue receiving the service. You dont have to do it.

The invoice is for one month, and includes a set-up charge of 300B. To avoid paying this charge you can renew for 12 months at 6000B.

I personally suspect that they lose more than they gain by making a set-up charge, but that's up to them.

Is that for the basic 600 baht a month package or the full monty?

I too, received an invoice which is for continuing the service after the free trial has ended.

The 900 baht is for the "premium package" which we've had for the free trial. I'm sure if you contacted them and said you only wanted the basic package, they'd send a new invoice.

I've had no real connection issues and I've actually been suprised by how much I used it so I'm almost certainly going to be continuing.

EDIT: There does not appear to be any kind of set up fee in my invoice, so the free trial appears to have included a free set up.

Edited by JamieP

• 7 months later...

What's happening with Thai Expat TV just now?

I went onto their website because I was considering re-subscribing and all I could find was information about a "Tv-guide" with "over 1000" channels.

Assuming they still actually provide the "live" TV and catch-up on demand package they had before, what's this TV guide all about???

TIA

Why use expat tv anymore ?

All free and hundreds and hundreds more on the channel listings.

Pc download , App to your smartphone , lets you beam it straight to your tv

Because it has 7 day look back and runs on my laptop.. Also I like it.. That filmon app has improved from last year when I tried it.. Why only have one day look back?

Because it has 7 day look back and runs on my laptop.. Also I like it.. That filmon app has improved from last year when I tried it.. Why only have one day look back?

Exactly, the 7 day look back is the only reason why I use it. I seldom wanna watch live TV (maybe only a F1 race) so the 7 day look back is perfect. And as I am in the "sticks" and I have very poor internet (NO DSL or Fibre/Fiber where I am living) this works perfect with No Buffering (I just let it run (put it on pause) 5-10 minutes before I wanna watch and No Buffering.

And who wanna watch live UK TV anyway, a lot of the interesting programs are on at 6-11 pm (UK TIME) which makes it 1-2am here and by that I am already fast a sleep (old fart biggrin.png )

However cheap it's not, but I also Truevisions Platinum with 3 outlets and that isn't cheap either wink.png

Ps: And again before someone accuses me that I must be working for them, NO I am not working for them or for any affiliate of them (I stopped working a long time ago), I am just a happy Customer.

Do you mind telling me what internet speed you are getting where you live? I assume you are getting a few Mb in order for expat tv to work?

Exactly, the 7 day look back is the only reason why I use it. I seldom wanna watch live TV (maybe only a F1 race) so the 7 day look back is perfect. And as I am in the "sticks" and I have very poor internet (NO DSL or Fibre/Fiber where I am living) this works perfect with No Buffering (I just let it run (put it on pause) 5-10 minutes before I wanna watch and No Buffering.

And who wanna watch live UK TV anyway, a lot of the interesting programs are on at 6-11 pm (UK TIME) which makes it 1-2am here and by that I am already fast a sleep (old fart biggrin.png )

However cheap it's not, but I also Truevisions Platinum with 3 outlets and that isn't cheap either wink.png

Ps: And again before someone accuses me that I must be working for them, NO I am not working for them or for any affiliate of them (I stopped working a long time ago), I am just a happy Customer.

Do you mind telling me what internet speed you are getting where you live? I assume you are getting a few Mb in order for expat tv to work?

It works on as little as 2/3 mb.