Looking For A Hotel In Bangkok

bino

My grandparents are coming to coming to Thailand in December, and I'm trying to figure out the best place to accomodate them during the time that they will spend in Bangkok. They are experienced travelers, in their early 70's, and very healthy.

I'm trying to find a decent and clean hotel in the 1400-1500 THB per night average cost, in Sukhumvit, Silom or similar area that will offer a good range of restaurants and facilities within easy walking distance to support / entertain them during the days that I will have to be at work.

Current shortlist (in no particular order, but in the right price range) includes;

Best Western Elegance Hotel

Trinity Silom Hotel

Manhattan Hotel

Royal Asia Paradise Hotel

Manhattan Hotel

Classic Place Hotel

Century Park Hotel

Ambassador Hotel

Grand Mercure Park Royal Hotel

Royal Benja Hotel

Tower Inn Hotel

Ariston Hotel

Somerset Hotel

Asia Hotel

If anyone has anyone has any experience (good or bad) with any of these places, or can recommend others that fit the bill in terms of cost and location, I'd like to hear about it!

Also, I'd like to take them to Ko Samed. Unfortunately, my favorite place to stay on Sai Kaew beach has just built a huge noisy nightclub. If anyone can recommend a place in Samed that fits the 1500 / night budget, I'd like to hear about that too.

Thanks in advance.

Bino

edit / typo

Edited by bino

My grandparents are coming to coming to Thailand in December, and I'm trying to figure out the best place to accomodate them during the time that they will spend in Bangkok. They are experienced travelers, in their early 70's, and very healthy.

I'm trying to find a decent and clean hotel in the 1400-1500 THB per night average cost, in Sukhumvit, Silom or similar area that will offer a good range of restaurants and facilities within easy walking distance to support / entertain them during the days that I will have to be at work.

Current shortlist (in no particular order, but in the right price range) includes;

Trinity Silom Hotel

Manhattan Hotel

Manhattan Hotel

Classic Place Hotel

Century Park Hotel

Ambassador Hotel

Royal Benja Hotel

Tower Inn Hotel

Ariston Hotel

Somerset Hotel

Asia Hotel

If anyone has anyone has any experience (good or bad) with any of these places, or can recommend others that fit the bill in terms of cost and location, I'd like to hear about it!

Also, I'd like to take them to Ko Samed. Unfortunately, my favorite place to stay on Sai Kaew beach has just built a huge noisy nightclub. If anyone can recommend a place in Samed that fits the 1500 / night budget, I'd like to hear about that too.

Thanks in advance.

Bino

edit / typo

Hi

I stayed at the Sofitel Silom recently and found it to be an excellent hotel. Good location, friendly staff, very clean. We got a really good deal with http://www.airline-network.co.uk. Don't know if this is out of the price range. :o

Hi Bino,

Just a short walk from Silom on Suriwongse is the Montien, I think that might be in the price range, from memory I believe it is.

Stayed there many times, very good hotel, a bit too close for comfort to Patpong some might say, but is walking distance to Lumpini Park as a counterweight.

Near enough to the Mango tree for a half decent meal, a great little bar/restaurant outside of the Montien Plaza for a final safe drink before you go back to the hotel and a great little covered Plaza itself to walk around for any shopping they might want.

Not quite the district you wanted but maybe an alternative, my apologies if it is not quite the price range but I can't quite remember.

Good Luck

Moss

Trinity Silom Hotel

Manhattan Hotel

Manhattan Hotel

Classic Place Hotel

Century Park Hotel

Ambassador Hotel

Royal Benja Hotel

Tower Inn Hotel

Ariston Hotel

Somerset Hotel

Asia Hotel

Thanks in advance.

Bino

edit / typo

I don't know about the others but whatever you do, just stay away from the Ambassador Hotel. It stinks, it's uncomfortable, it's old, it's a total BS.

If anyone can recommend a place in Samed that fits the 1500 / night budget, I'd like to hear about that too.

Its a little more 1800 baht a night. If you go in the week time. Samet Villas near Tup Tim beach. I stayed there on my honeymoon. Beautiful and clean. TV, shower etc. Very very nice.

Check out the link below.

http://www.samedvilla.com/

Edited by Jockstar