The Greening of Pattaya

Rimmer

The Greening of Pattaya!

A renewed facelift attempt is being made to convert greater Pattaya into a more environmentally-friendly area with much less emphasis on nightlife. The Designated Areas for Sustainable Tourism Administration (DASTA) is currently holding discussions with the city administration on new approaches to tourism which will increase visitor numbers by marketing the resort as attractive to nature lovers rather than to the late night revelers.

Among new projects at the planning stage are mangrove forests in Banglamung, the development of Huay Yai for its traditional culture and Chinese influence, specially constructed bicycle routes around Mabprachan reservoir and other locations, as well as upgrades to popular holiday attractions in the Pattaya area.

Full story:http://pattayatoday.net/news/news-from-around-pattaya/the-greening-of-pattaya/

--PATTAYA TODAY 2014-12-04

clean the bay, modern sewar/septic and fix beach road. Never going to happen I fear. Instead, they just keep building and building more 5 and 6 story hotels on every single empty lot. It is amazing how much the city has gone to concrete since I first started visiting in 2004.

• Like 1

Well they certainly made a good green start by cutting down almost all the trees on beach road...

Yes, and they did destroy the lovely park at Bali Hai Pier. I mean the place where locals and tourist liked to do picnicking, visit markets and live concerts. Then they planted this fugging ugly shittie green pointless building.

Well done.

Well look at the bright side Pattaya has no more Parks or green spaces left for them to destroy.

Pratamnak Hill is the only shred of a park that is left but its so inconvenient to get to that

it does not count...

• 2 weeks later...

Well they certainly made a good green start by cutting down almost all the trees on beach road...

Yes, and they did destroy the lovely park at Bali Hai Pier. I mean the place where locals and tourist liked to do picnicking, visit markets and live concerts. Then they planted this fugging ugly shittie green pointless building.

Well done.

Well look at the bright side Pattaya has no more Parks or green spaces left for them to destroy.

Pratamnak Hill is the only shred of a park that is left but its so inconvenient to get to that

it does not count...

If Pattaya had a park it would just end up full of ladyboys offering sexual services in the bushes and mugging everyone.

It would also be a magnet for the falung bums to drink their booze and sleep there.

Well done.

it does not count...

If Pattaya had a park it would just end up full of ladyboys offering sexual services in the bushes and mugging everyone.

It would also be a magnet for the falung bums to drink their booze and sleep there.

Imagine if they offered free wifi there.

You would get all the pikeys down there too.

• Like 1

Pattaya Park - A green place for all the quality tourists and expats to gather.

I think BJ Gardens would be more apt.

No doubt there would be a salinity problem with the soil there. Keep the gardners on their toes.

No idea where a park could be built but it would be an absolute madhouse.

• Like 1