Koh Tao: Thai court charges pair over murders of British backpackers

webfact

Why should they?? The main suspects left the island during the same night, or early morning, and the two Burmese went back to work as ever, as far as I know, for a minimum of two days before they were arrested. The only thing they are guilty of, is the fact, that they may have been asked and forced to carry the dead bodies to their "final" location on the beach. Just tell me, if you would kill somebody, would you stand beside and wait for the BIB to arrest you?

No, I would flee and attract the attention to me. Right?

Hey wait, wasn't one of them arrested while he was fleeing?

One suspect fled and was located by the police. They did ask him, what he is doing in Bangkok, but they did not ask him, what he was doing on September 21, how come?? Even his mobile telephone data was not checked (By today you can tell exactly which transmitting pole you use, when you are using your mobile, but as far I know, the data will be erased after three months).

And of course the RTP never thought to obtain that important data and oh wait - it's been about 3 months now.....oh well too late.....maybe the defense has subpoenaed that info by now.....who knows....

The whole thing is a joke!

• Like 1

One suspect fled and was located by the police. They did ask him, what he is doing in Bangkok, but they did not ask him, what he was doing on September 21, how come?? Even his mobile telephone data was not checked (By today you can tell exactly which transmitting pole you use, when you are using your mobile, but as far I know, the data will be erased after three months).

And of course the RTP never thought to obtain that important data and oh wait - it's been about 3 months now.....oh well too late.....maybe the defense has subpoenaed that info by now.....who knows....

Edited by jaidam

now all the sh*t begins anew, will the truth emerge or will we see the thai courts/police cover it all up to save face, only time will tell........

Subjective as it may seem.... someone is saving someones face. Well, I say that the real murderers will rot within and those who know the truth and subside it or tampered with it will burn constantly with their conscience..... they framed innocent men.

For those falsely accused I am sorry that justice has failed you this time.... but it will catch up! Be strong.

I can't believe that they are actually going through with this. These two poor young lads will be found guilty just so the Thai Govt. can save a bit of face.

Come on the U.N, time to step in now.

Farcical..!!

"These two poor young lads..."

What is farcical is the way so many posters continue to refer to these accused men as boys, young lads etc. What is the matter with you all, there are no adolescents involved in this case.

It's only in keeping with the dishonesty that always prevails in such matters. All newspapers refer to 16-year-olds they wish to demonise as "men", but those in their early 20s they wish to present as victims as "boys". Have you really not noticed? In this case, at least one of the 21-year-olds in question looks much younger, more naive and, yes, boyish, than an internationally average 17 year-old, so it's a rreasonable description if you sympathise with him, and pedantic to call it wrong.

Your argument is that because it is an emotive topic it is proper to refer to the defendants as boys when they are adults in the same age range as the victims? Really??

arrowsdawdle, on 04 Dec 2014 - 11:49, said:

Anybody set up a whistleblower website in Thai and English where citizens that know something could post tips and leads anonymously?

The organisers of the original petition to ask the British government to investigate this case have appealed for information and witnesses to come forward to help in the defence of the B2. An email account has been set up for this purpose, which I'm not allowed to post here. It can also be used to send messages of support to the B2. If anyone wants to know that email address, please PM me.

I wonder if the defence lawyers were in court for the indictments, or if the prosecutors decided not to inform them that the case had been brought forward 3 hours.

The Bangkok Post report said the prosecutors arrived at the court at 1pm, the allotted time, ahead of the defence lawyers and the media. The BP report isn't clear that everyone was aware of the 1pm agreed time. I suppose it's possible the prosecutors were given several hours notice and the defence lawyers and media had 10 minutes to get court, to avoid any 'confrontation' and difficult questions being asked by the media? TIT
  • Like 1

They have DNA evidence, supposedly. The confessions are dead in the water. Phones etc, amateurish plants. In a civilized country, the case couldn't come to court. My guess is that the prosecutor was instructed to file the charges now with what little 'evidence' he's been given rather than wait until the absolute last minute when it would be obvious that it was a dump or get off the pot situation. In reality though, they have no more reason to charge these guys now than they did weeks ago. The whole thing is a farce. But a very dangerous farce for the poor sods involved.

In reality we don't know what is in the case file and won't until the trial.

I can't believe that they are actually going through with this. These two poor young lads will be found guilty just so the Thai Govt. can save a bit of face.

Come on the U.N, time to step in now.

Farcical..!!

"These two poor young lads..."

What is farcical is the way so many posters continue to refer to these accused men as boys, young lads etc. What is the matter with you all, there are no adolescents involved in this case.

It's only in keeping with the dishonesty that always prevails in such matters. All newspapers refer to 16-year-olds they wish to demonise as "men", but those in their early 20s they wish to present as victims as "boys". Have you really not noticed? In this case, at least one of the 21-year-olds in question looks much younger, more naive and, yes, boyish, than an internationally average 17 year-old, so it's a rreasonable description if you sympathise with him, and pedantic to call it wrong.

Your argument is that because it is an emotive topic it is proper to refer to the defendants as boys when they are adults in the same age range as the victims? Really??

Compared to the photos Sean Mcanna took of the 2 men who allegedly threatened him then yes, the B2 do have a rather boyish appearance, It's all in the eyes of the beholder.
  • Like 2

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

He said the southern police were coordinating with the metropolitan police to hunt him down, and expected to apprehend him today.

The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

And then…

Pol Gen Somyot comes in and transfers the head of the investigation, Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen out.

Somyot takes charge, and Bada Bing! We have him sitting side by side with his new buddies.

Shortly thereafter, Ol’ Som makes stock purchases for 365 Million Baht. wai2.gifwai.gif

whistling.gif

just about sums up the whole tragic story of this case

• Like 2

The prosecutor in my case did the same. The prosecutor must send the case to the judge before giving a copy to the defendant. The prosecutor can keep everything until the very last minute. He must present to the judge 9 days before trial. My husband was mentally handicap from head injury. The prosecutor started the trial before we even entered the court room. Them had me immediately removed . 5 minutes later they came out with a signed guilty statement. My thai husband did not even know what had happened. I threatened to go to onbudsman and sue, since my husband is handicapped. They reopened the case and started from scratch.

The b2 lawyer can threaten the prosector with a complaint to the ombudsman also. Starting with holding a court hearing behind him and the b2 back.there are laws for the prosecutor to follow. But if the lawyer does not call them, then prosecutor will have field day.

The office of the ombudsman is a credit to thailand and very helpful.they are fair and impartial to all parties and very knowledgeable about this type of case.

Edited by greenchair
  • Like 1

So the caption should read:

"No we were over there"

"No you weren't you two were over there?" That's what we forced you to say in the confessions"

This is my 'favourite' photo, if I can call it such a thing. I love the frustrated look on the cop in the center's face. What a complete farce. And all those 'hard' faces they made for the camera as they stood behind their scapegoats. Burn in hell.

smile.png

Hmm, smiling assassins.

Sorry boss i forgot which way you told during rehearsal :)

Edited by StealthEnergiser
  • Like 1

No, I would flee and attract the attention to me. Right?

Hey wait, wasn't one of them arrested while he was fleeing?

Well, after 24 hours we are still waiting for a link to a credible source that the RTP in fact didn't check those details.

Maybe it's just something someone made up to sound interesting in this thread?

• Like 1

So they are being charged with entering the country illegally.

Guess their employers will be charged with employing illegals too.

Do I detect a touch of irony here? If not you must be living in 'Never-Never-Land'

I was going for sarcasmthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Do I detect a touch of irony here? If not you must be living in 'Never-Never-Land'

I was going for sarcasmthumbsup.gif

Wasn't it you who, unjustified by the way,told me in another thread relating this subject

Your posts all day have consisted of these nonsical replies. If you are going to join the debate please try to make a decent comment without trying to mock posters or give silly retorts.

So you consider different rules for you as for other members. Now go read a book, that is easier to achieve with only 1 hand available.

Surely it cant be to hard for a lawyer to prove these to guys are innocent. 1st theres photos of them being DNA tested the following day and cleared. One was wearing the same tshirt he was seen in on the video the night of the murders, he also had it on 3 weeks later when arrested. Surely it would have been blood splattered and even the most stupid person would have got rid of it. Why did the police anounce we had one in custody and the other has fled to Bangkok with evidence to link them to the murder and then after a visit from the brother of the one in custody and father of the one in BKK, the whole story suddenly changed. I havent spoken to one person who believes this story Thai or farang. Shouldnt the lawyer pull in the cop as a witness and ask how the story changed so quickly, what about the classmates of the one in Bangkok get them into to court to say he was definetly there. Also if the mobile phone data hasnt been deleted already it would prove where he was, be it BKK or Koh Tao. I hope the UK does something about this and hasnt just sent the cops over to keep everyone quite. It would be horrible to see to young men executed just to cover for a couple of spineless cowards.

• Like 1

I was going for sarcasm:thumbsup:

Wasn't it you who, unjustified by the way,told me in another thread relating this subject

Your posts all day have consisted of these nonsical replies. If you are going to join the debate please try to make a decent comment without trying to mock posters or give silly retorts.

So you consider different rules for you as for other members. Now go read a book, that is easier to achieve with only 1 hand available.

Sorry, are you spouting off at me or Mooner? Either way, it's way past time for your next dose of medicine.
  • Like 1

Surely it cant be to hard for a lawyer to prove these to guys are innocent. 1st theres photos of them being DNA tested the following day and cleared. One was wearing the same tshirt he was seen in on the video the night of the murders, he also had it on 3 weeks later when arrested. Surely it would have been blood splattered and even the most stupid person would have got rid of it. Why did the police anounce we had one in custody and the other has fled to Bangkok with evidence to link them to the murder and then after a visit from the brother of the one in custody and father of the one in BKK, the whole story suddenly changed. I havent spoken to one person who believes this story Thai or farang. Shouldnt the lawyer pull in the cop as a witness and ask how the story changed so quickly, what about the classmates of the one in Bangkok get them into to court to say he was definetly there. Also if the mobile phone data hasnt been deleted already it would prove where he was, be it BKK or Koh Tao. I hope the UK does something about this and hasnt just sent the cops over to keep everyone quite. It would be horrible to see to young men executed just to cover for a couple of spineless cowards.

To answer your doubts, the B2 are on trial, not anyone else. The RTP will say there was a backlog of DNA testing, and the suspects results came back at a later date, so they weren't cleared. (see page 450 of our 900 page report) They will say, it's not the same t-shirt. (see page 600 of our 900 page report) They will say other suspects were eliminated (see page 750 of our 900 page report).

All in all, it would be difficult to challenge such assertions without any evidence to the contrary. That's why the dice are loaded in the prosecution's favour.

• Like 1

To answer your doubts, the B2 are on trial, not anyone else. The RTP will say there was a backlog of DNA testing, and the suspects results came back at a later date, so they weren't cleared. (see page 450 of our 900 page report) They will say, it's not the same t-shirt. (see page 600 of our 900 page report) They will say other suspects were eliminated (see page 750 of our 900 page report).

All in all, it would be difficult to challenge such assertions without any evidence to the contrary. That's why the dice are loaded in the prosecution's favour.

But I would think that if the claims of the RTP weren't correct, that there would be evidence to proof the contrary. Wouldn't be difficult to proof at all, that is IF the statements of the RTP are incorrect.

But I would think that if the claims of the RTP weren't correct, that there would be evidence to proof the contrary. Wouldn't be difficult to proof at all, that is IF the statements of the RTP are incorrect.

I only hope it's as easy as that. But I'm not holding my breath. Nobody on here has any evidence to refute their claims - sure the defence can challenge them, but it's like trying to push a pea uphill when faced with a 900 page mountain. As I've said before a cover-up by its very nature is imperfect but unlocking that needs more time and resources that the defence don't have, IMO.

Have you seen the report..