Report on 90 Day Report - Phuket Town

JetsetBkk

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 yrs I have been going to Phuket town immigration and not once have I had a problem or a long wait, my last 90 day report in December took 10 mins, every time I have read posts complaining about Immigration they have not been true, my next report is in March, I wonder if the latest bout of complaints will be true this time!!

True, today was the first bad day I had for a simple 90 days.

I was shocked when I saw about 20 or 30 people outside, luckily they all needed copies done before they could get in. ! was number 127 and the board said 111. And that !!!! DID take 1 hour at least. Not just because of 90 day reporting, they where doing all sorts of other things as well. Noticed a guy sitting next to me with all the paper work for an extention of stay (incl 2,000-- bath in his hands) but I thought that's supposed to be done upstairs !

In at 2:21 and out at 2:31. Not bad at all! smile.png

Only two people in front of me for the 90-day report, and the ticket machine was working. So about 4 minutes per person.

But it was full downstairs - not sure what they were all waiting for, but the air-con made it quite pleasant. Even got a seat after a few minutes. biggrin.png

While I was there I asked for the "90 Day Reporting By Post" information which I've attached. Will give it a try next time.

As the volunteer helper said to me: "The silly season is over for now." Certainly hope so! post-35489-0-82016600-1424945025_thumb.g

post-35489-0-77548400-1424944639_thumb.j

6 yrs I have been going to Phuket town immigration and not once have I had a problem or a long wait, my last 90 day report in December took 10 mins, every time I have read posts complaining about Immigration they have not been true, my next report is in March, I wonder if the latest bout of complaints will be true this time!!

I thought the same until my last visit. It's changed. Good luck. Please report back how it was.

I've planned overseas trips now so no 90 day reports until at least November! Still have to do the extension of stay and later get everything transferred to a new passport so unfortunately will still have to visit the zoo office a couple of times.

Suggest you get your new passport first Mitch as they no longer transfer stamps to new passports.

If you use your expiring passport to renew your extension they will only give you the extension until

the expiry date of your existing passport, and you will have to get a new passport before that extension

expires and then pay for a new extension.

Incidently I read on the front page of this weeks PG that immigration have started a trial online ninety

day reporting system in Bangkok via the immigration website last month and is expected to be extended

to Phuket, but not before April, heres hoping, what a boost that will be, IF it happens.............clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Edited by phuketjock

Suggest you get your new passport first Mitch as they no longer transfer stamps to new passports.

i am going tomorrow to transfer my stamp an re entry from old ( cancelled passport) to my new one as that's what i was told to do

Rather than use both to come and go from Thailand.

i am going tomorrow to transfer my stamp an re entry from old ( cancelled passport) to my new one as that's what i was told to do

Sorry if I caused any confusion Richard, I was referring to 12 month extension stamps.

I thought the same until my last visit. It's changed. Good luck. Please report back how it was.

I've planned overseas trips now so no 90 day reports until at least November! Still have to do the extension of stay and later get everything transferred to a new passport so unfortunately will still have to visit the zoo office a couple of times.

If you use your expiring passport to renew your extension they will only give you the extension until

the expiry date of your existing passport, and you will have to get a new passport before that extension

Incidently I read on the front page of this weeks PG that immigration have started a trial online ninety

day reporting system in Bangkok via the immigration website last month and is expected to be extended

to Phuket, but not before April, heres hoping, what a boost that will be, IF it happens.............clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

My passport isn't due to expire but it's nearly full so I should get the extension for the full length of time. My extension is due for renewal in June and I intend to get the new passport in the UK in July even though this one doesn't expire until 2017.

If you think that may still be problematical I'll make a post in the visa forum and see what the "experts" say.

Edited by madmitch

My old US passport expires in Dec 2018 but got a new clean 52 page one now instead

Just went in today to transfer my stamps ( 1st entry stamp for non o, bunch of thai writing/stamp and the re entry permit)

Need copies of new an old passport, copies of EVERY extension, Form from immigration and letter from the embassy stating its a new passport

got in and vol told me i can do it when i do my Extension ( mid july) but I said since i am already there,

Proceeded to the next guy an thought, ok great, as last time ( in 2008) will take 30 minutes to do it all an than can go downstairs and do my certificate of registration as need new dr.

He took all my papers an said come back at 4:30!!! WHATTTT its only 8:40 now...

so said how about monday, anytime? Nope after 2:30

God i prefer the old days.

if u need a new extension and ur passport is good for 6, 8,10 months, that is how long the NEW extension will be good for PLUS the re entry permit as well.

Just give a decent accounting or legal firm power of attorney and they can do everything for you including extensions and work permit. I pay 500 per 90 Day report + 12,000 for Non-B extensions and work permit renewal. I have not stepped foot in an immigration office in 7 years. Why put yourself through the hassle?

My passport isn't due to expire but it's nearly full so I should get the extension for the full length of time. My extension is due for renewal in June and I intend to get the new passport in the UK in July even though this one doesn't expire until 2017.

If you think that may still be problematical I'll make a post in the visa forum and see what the "experts" say.

Well mitch if you have enough space for a new extension and re-entry permit in your existing

passport then I am sure that you will have no problem nenewing your extension, but if you then

renew your passport in July this year technically your old passport is then invalid but if you don't

say anything you will probably go unoticed until you have to do your first 90 day report when

you could possibly run into problems, but I am by no means certain so your idea to consult the

visa forum is an excellent one. Good luck please let us know how it turns out.

phuketjock. thumbsup.gifwai.gif

True, today was the first bad day I had for a simple 90 days.

I was shocked when I saw about 20 or 30 people outside, luckily they all needed copies done before they could get in. ! was number 127 and the board said 111. And that !!!! DID take 1 hour at least. Not just because of 90 day reporting, they where doing all sorts of other things as well. Noticed a guy sitting next to me with all the paper work for an extention of stay (incl 2,000-- bath in his hands) but I thought that's supposed to be done upstairs !

Only 1 year and special extensions are done upstairs, Normal extensions on VOA and TR60 Tourist visa etc are done downstairs.

Don't you have to have a full yr left on your passport in order to renew a visa?

Think it's 6 months left in validity.

If your passport expires in less than 12 months, your extension will be up until the passport expiry date, but will include a note advising extra days owed. When you get your new passport and have your visa transferred, your new extension date will include those days previously owed.

i need to do the same myself soon. i'd like to know how you get on if you don't mind sharing that. what docs you needs, where to get in line, how much to pay, etc

i need to do the same myself soon. i'd like to know how you get on if you don't mind sharing that. what docs you needs, where to get in line, how much to pay, etc

PHUKET ;

FREE;

I just used the form available online

COPY OF EVERY extension in the old passport, copies of ur photo page both passports, copies of ur entry stamp ( your non o visa stamp) copies the departure card, You will need a letter from your embassy stating you got a new passport.

Note as i reported elsewhere, the Vol told me you do NOT NEED to transfer stamps and can do it when u do ur extension renewal. Jutst use both passports when u travel. If i had known this i never would have gone and done it.

Turn in the morning, pick up AFTER 4;30 same day. or next day after 2:30

Get there around 8:15 Get in line UPSTAIRS and there will only be a few in front of you.

show up at 8:30 there might be 30 or so.

Don't you have to have a full yr left on your passport in order to renew a visa?

You really need to pay attention Badrabbit the thread is about 12 month extensions and 90 day

reporting not visas.

Well, actually, I started it as just the "90 Day Report" thread (there's a clue in the title) but, hey!, anyone can join in! biggrin.png

As long as we get the latest info, that's what matters... wink.png

highjack LOL:
addition;

needed to register my address an get a certificate of residence for a new drivers liences

Picked up my new passport with all stamps transferred at 2 pm and went downstairs and got 2 separate numbers;

first number called in 30 seconds ( even though the place was packed )

second number 1 minute

the certificate cost me 300 baht NO RECEIPT

out in 20 minutes

reason it was so crowded, seems all tourist looking to get their 30 day extensions and they need take a photo for their computer for every extension.

SO instead of the embassy's /overseas consolutes making $$ on the tourist visa, now the immigration makes the $$

tourist visa $40 good for 2 months

1 month extension 1,900 baht apx $60 thumbsup.gif

90 day report. Arrived in the office at 13:35 and waited till 14:45, 5 minutes for the report leaving at 14:50. Packed! Should have gone over the hill to Patong.

Nah, you should have done it online

On line reporting is not available yet. it's only in a test phase and the website does not work yet.

Hopefully it should be available end of April.

highjack LOL:

addition;

needed to register my address an get a certificate of residence for a new drivers liences

Picked up my new passport with all stamps transferred at 2 pm and went downstairs and got 2 separate numbers;

second number 1 minute

out in 20 minutes

reason it was so crowded, seems all tourist looking to get their 30 day extensions and they need take a photo for their computer for every extension.

SO instead of the embassy's /overseas consolutes making $$ on the tourist visa, now the immigration makes the $$

I thought the certificate of residence is free? Hasn't this been stated by officials many times ?

highjack LOL:

addition;

second number 1 minute

out in 20 minutes

I thought the certificate of residence is free? Hasn't this been stated by officials many times ?

It is free then again it's not free... Up to you!

highjack LOL:

addition;

second number 1 minute

out in 20 minutes

It is free then again it's not free... Up to you!

Here's the link for complaints of corruption:

http://phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Patong-immigration-officer-removed-amid-corruption-claims/43974

For what it's worth. laugh.png

there was no questions an everyone ( 5 people while i was there) was told 300 baht for the certificate,

i suppose u could refuse but.....

sure complain, give my name /Passport number/ telephone/email

http://welovephuketthailand.blogspot.com/

an when my extension is due nope u cant have it anymore.

Edited by LivinginKata
email removed as per forum rules

2 hours for my 90 day report yesterday morning. Delayed by at least 1/2 hour from 1 guy & no idea why his took so long. It is something that should not take more than 1 or 2 minutes per person. From what I could hear some did not have the residence proof with them. For me all I needed was copy of passport, visa & arrival card. I asked the officer if I could do it online next time & he replied, while chuckling, that I could try.

90 day report. Arrived in the office at 13:35 and waited till 14:45, 5 minutes for the report leaving at 14:50. Packed! Should have gone over the hill to Patong.

On line reporting is not available yet. it's only in a test phase and the website does not work yet.

It does work....numerous people have done it....do a search

It does work....numerous people have done it....do a search

or you could just post a link here