License for Motorcycle

ironhorse10

I would like someone to tell me the best thing to do: I bought a Steed from a guy in Pattiya that was moving back to the UK and I left Thailand to work in Indonesia before I registered it in my name, now the license has expired, so while in Chaing Mai a few weeks ago I went to register it and get new license, they said no can do, you need to get a copy of his Visa and we need to see your Visa too. Which I don't have anymore. What is the best way to take care of this problem, I would like to export the bike to the Philippines, but don't know if I can. I have a signed Green Book from him.

What license are you talking about? Driving license? If so that has nothing to do with registering the bike.

If you it register it in a different province then you need a lot more paperwork from the previous owner. Copies of passport, proof of address, power of attorney etc

If you have none of this, then you are screwed. Take it to a local dealer and ask them to do it for you. They may have some friends at the DoT and can do it for a fee. Possibly around 3000baht. You may have to ask around at a few dealers until you find one that can help you. Good luck!

• Like 1