Firefox Bookmarks

h90

recently my computer died. Now I work with my laptop.

I have the harddisks from the dead computer, but how do I copy the bookmarks from firefox to the laptop.

I use the hd on USB adaptor so I can not use the export function from firefox anymore.

I have the harddisks from the dead computer, but how do I copy the bookmarks from firefox to the laptop.

I use the hd on USB adaptor so I can not use the export function from firefox anymore.

On your hard disk the firefox bookmarks (bookmarks.html) is located in the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\w1uf3any.default

Replace username with the name you used for your account name and the "w1uf3any.default" will be different so whatever xxxxx.default directory is there. Just copy the bookmarks.html file from that directory to the directory on your laptop - the xxxxx.default directory will be different so just copy it to whatever you have now.

On your hard disk the firefox bookmarks (bookmarks.html) is located in the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\w1uf3any.default

Replace username with the name you used for your account name and the "w1uf3any.default" will be different so whatever xxxxx.default directory is there. Just copy the bookmarks.html file from that directory to the directory on your laptop - the xxxxx.default directory will be different so just copy it to whatever you have now.

thanks looking good, will do it tomorrow when there is no beer in me....

thanks it worked perfect