when does high season start?

ColdSingha

I don't think it is dead as some have put it. Yes it's a little quiet which could be a combination of a number of things such as the exchange rate for one. I live in Prachuap City and there are no shortage of tourists here as the season starts up. Regardless of the drama's that Thailand has on the political scene, people still love to come to this beautiful part of the world. Keep a positive outlook and all will be good. Lets face it, even if your not in the tourist business, if tourist come it boosts the local economy and in turn that must help even the guy sitting in the pub on the corner.

Cheers

Ti believe high season starts the beginning of October.Tourism down I believe cause of the coup.

october?

have you ever been to thailand?

high season in most places is considered to start mid december, but doesnt really hit full swing till xmas then begins tailing off toward songkran.

• Like 2

Ti believe high season starts the beginning of October.Tourism down I believe cause of the coup.

october?

high season in most places is considered to start mid december, but doesnt really hit full swing till xmas then begins tailing off toward songkran.

Maybe he was referring to high season rates, which mysteriously start prior to actual high season

rolleyes.gif here in cha_am there was about 1000 during this time last year .........today 07 december may some 100 or 200 .. but generaly december 01 to dec 15 is always very low

this year Novemver December near no tourist from norway SWEDEN etc .......

one reason is the climate change here bad see durty water..; week end full of local tourist street beach stink of garbage in plastic container this sunday i had feeling all the beach smell garbage...

then you have ebola ;;;; MALAYSIAN AIRLINES...........and military coup of course............. next to see dec 20..

• Like 1

Over here in Cambodia it's definitely high season - this has been the busiest week of the year by a barnyard mile. No idea why no-one's hanging around in Thailand to be stopped and searched in the streets...

a bar owner i was talking to over the weekend was saying many of her regular expats have skipped hua hin this year and are trying out cambodia

october?

Here in Koh Phangan it's exactly that, start 20 Dec and tails off end March through Songkran.

october?

Maybe he was referring to high season rates, which mysteriously start prior to actual high season

Probably. No customers, so put the prices up - another example of Thai "anti -logic"

High Season varies at different destinations. Some areas are (extremely) low season in November-December up till a few days before Xmas, then it’s peak season. Other destinations have direct charter flights, like for example Phuket, and high season often begin in November, as the package tour contracts begin that time and travels are sold with discounts to fill up the planes, until to the Xmas and Winter holidays begin.

smile.png

All Tourists want .....

1. Clean Beaches

2. Decent reliable public transport

3. Decent priced Taxis

4. anything else is a bonus..

Its a big world out there, lots of places to choose from....

5. Clean Police. Have you read what's going on to tourists in BKK.

I'm coming to HH in Jan have booked 3 nights in Suk hotel BKK but thinking of skipping and coming straight to HH.

But with all the other stuff going on in Thailand as well it's not surprizing tourist numbers are down.

Edited by ToneG

october?

I've been here 7 years and my business figures say ramping up first / second week november to end feb, most of our business is based on Scandinavian tourist, and yes numbers are down this year, we're based in Cha am Edited by kmj